• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Something I didn't expect: I downloaded the app on AppleTV through my US account and finished setting everything up on my European (non-NL) account, and apparently, Apple was fine billing me for a service that doesn't launch until next year here. I use a smart DNS service, but I usually have to jump through more hoops.

I don't know if it's my dodgy setup, but how come Coco doesn't have a Spanish language option?

Domino Theory

Ripple Effect Studios
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got to check it out. Quality looks fantastic. So much new 4K content is awesome.

Only disappointment is that I can't download stuff on Apple TV. I was gonna use it more like a pre-buffer when watching stuff like Star Wars. I mean it's rare my internet goes stupid these days but still.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I got the Verizon email and went through on my phone, I really can't find any confirmation it worked though. The account settings don't show very much and I had already logged in with the free 7 day trial. I guess we'll see then

You have to add Disney + to your Verizon account through their website. Once added it brings you to the Disney + site to make your account. When you first sign in it says Verizon Unlimited or something at the bottom.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-tvOS ATV has been dead for a long time. Pretty sure third parties don't get to make new apps for it.
I've got every other streaming app that I use. It updates frequently and adds them. As I said, Apple themselves just updated for Apple TV and Apple TV channels. This would be the one thing missing, so it's not exactly dead.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Bro, the High School Musical show is legit wtf. I think I liked it more than episode 1 of Mandalorian?

Oct 27, 2017
Thankfully subscriptions seem to work across countries (at least between US and Canada). Signed up for the US bundle with Hulu/ESPN+ and can log into the Disney+ app in Canada just fine

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Weird...all the Star Wars movies show a black screen with audio. I can see preview screens when I skip ahead on the timeline, but they won't play properly.

I thought it was a Dolby Vision bug, but Dark Crystal on Netflix looks fine.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
WHERE IS DONALD DUCK IN MATHMAGIC LAND AND MAKE MINE MUSIC?!

I DEMAND ANSWERS

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a general idea what gets filtered out when turning on the kid mode?

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I dig the UI. Hovering over the "Marvel" tile and then seeing the animation inside was an unexpected delight.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to when this is available in New Zealand next week! Was super surprised to see we get it so quick, I was expecting months.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I dig the UI. Hovering over the "Marvel" tile and then seeing the animation inside was an unexpected delight.

The little touches like that are super nice. I know there are some issues at launch (none on the ATV so far, that I have noticed) but I have a feeling it's going to be such a joy to have D+

shtolky

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to check this out but I am stuck with an Error Code 86 (account blocked) and customer support is absolutely swamped. I am over 18 so it must be a glitch they haven't fixed yet. I'll continue to be patient.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Kinda sucks I can't get the Disney+ app on the PS3.

I do have a PS4, but I use my PS3 for streaming and blu-ray watching as that has the superior remote controller.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
I am enjoying Disney+ so far, easily my favorite streaming service because I have an interest in a lot of the content. Netflix is good too, but having access to a whole treasure trove of Disney and future Star Wars/Marvel shows really puts it above the rest. Just hope they fix the cropping issue with the Simpsons.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had hope. Hasn't Disney been really good at remastering and preserving their older films like Snow White?
They've only had the OT rights (or at least ANH) for less than a year, and we still don't know the terms for the sale in regards to those films and the allowance for their editing. Could just be regular digital clean up, or it could be free reign to cut and re-insert as they please.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Question: I have Spotify and Hulu for the $5/monthly deal. I'm assuming that I'll need to buy Disney+ separately, right? No bundles?

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I'm just waiting on Getflix to start supporting Disney+ and then I might sign up to the US version. I could use VPN to access it on my PC, but I'd like to be able to use the app via my Xbox and putting the VPN on my router is way slower than just using a DNS unblocker.

Hopefully if I download the App from the US Xbox store it'll work when I switch region back to the UK store, though from what I gather changing region only takes a few seconds so if I have to switch back and forth it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Everyone can cancel their subscriptions.

Muppet Christmas Carol is the one with "When Love Is Gone" edited out.
That's the right version.

That song *stinks*.

It wasn't in the theatrical, and nor was it in the most recent Blu-Ray release. NOT MY MUPPETS CHRISTMAS CAROL WITH IT. Any time I've been stuck with the version of the movie with that song in, it feels like it lasts ten minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.