• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I wonder when that making of Frozen 2 documentary will come out. I'm guessing closer to when the movie is released on home media.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded the app on my Xbox X and I can't see any picture when I start streaming something. I'm on an LG OLED B9 tv. Any thoughts?

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well apparently the only show I've found that I can't stream is the Mandalorian. I dunno why. The Jeff goldblum show streams fine but Mandalorian will not at all. I'm wondering if it has something to do with Dolby Vision or something, but my X1X has that enabled and everything should be fine. Really frustrating. I wanted to watch the episodes tonight and now I can't unless I watch them in my phone :/

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
There's no info on it yet. No name, release info, or even what it's about. All we know is Filoni is working on a new animated show, possibly with Favreau. I would bet we won't see it before 2021 since Clone Wars S7 is out in a few months and he's been doing Mandalorian too.

Probably why I can't find anything. I thought a name and some info had been put out for it. Ok, thanks.

Jul 4, 2018
It is strange. Other content on Disney+ has it at times, just not that.
Maybe try messaging the support, I briefly had trouble with Atmos content making the sound completely cut off for everything in the app and I'd have to restart the app and couldn't watch any Atmos content. Sent them a message through the Feedback on their website came back an hour or two later and everything was working again.

Jul 4, 2018
I hate that. Apple TV+ also releases all the new episodes of their show on Fridays. I mean, can't they space them out over the week? I have like 5 new episodes of shows that I watch that all drop at the same time on Friday lol
Most streaming shows release on a Friday for some reason. Amazon and Netflix release most of their originals (and usually their biggest ones) on Friday. The Witcher is releasing on the 20th and I'm glad Mando is releasing on the Wednesday instead of Friday that week due to Rise of Skywalker but that is still going to a be a busy week of content.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I like them putting out all their new shows on Friday. Gives you a bunch of stuff to watch over the weekend, and it means I don't have to keep checking every single day to see if something new came out.

By the way, that Imagineering story episode 3 ends in a fucking bummer.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Yo so why cant I watch mighty ducks until next year? What's the hold up
HBO has exclusive rights to stream The Mighty Ducks and a few other live-action Disney movies. Disney made the deal back in 2009, before they had decided on making their own streaming service. Up until Disney+ was decided upon, Disney made various exclusive deals with the different streaming services, since exclusive deals are worth the most money. There are also a number of FOX films that HBO has the rights to for another few years, from a deal made before Disney's acquisition.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
HBO has exclusive rights to stream The Mighty Ducks and a few other live-action Disney movies. Disney made the deal back in 2009, before they had decided on making their own streaming service. Up until Disney+ was decided upon, Disney made various exclusive deals with the different streaming services, since exclusive deals are worth the most money. There are also a number of FOX films that HBO has the rights to for another few years, from a deal made before Disney's acquisition.

Time Warner has search light till 2022 I believe as well.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned - Driveby posting
Fuck DIsney it's a piece of shit company in my opinion and nobody should give them money if they can help it

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Aside from content not available due to licensing agreements, what is on your Disney+ wishlist? I would love to see a Donald Duck collection similar to the DVD sets they put out years ago.

Jul 4, 2018
Fuck DIsney it's a piece of shit company in my opinion and nobody should give them money if they can help it
That is most companies and some are even worse. Disney provides me a much needed escape from reality, they do bad stuff sure, buts it's like how people still use Amazon for convince even though their workers get treated like shit.

If you don't want to support Disney that's fine and your choice but you shouldn't make everyone else the bad guy if they want to enjoy the content, theme parks etc.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You can see all of them here:

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Other than Spider-Man and X-Men, what Fox Kids shows does Disney own? I know they don't own Bobby's World (unfortunately).

I can only think of four Fox Kids shows that Disney owns. (other than X-Men and Spiderman). What else am I forgetting?

"Fox's Peter Pan & the Pirates"

"Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"

"Life with Louie".

"The Tick (animated series)"

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
They'd have to license that from Sony. Hopefully they'll work out a deal for the MCU Spidey movies too.
One of the key benefits of having a streaming service full of your own content is not having to pay licensing fees to third parties once all the rights are re-obtained. I don't really see Disney going and licensing 3rd party content.

Jul 4, 2018
One of the key benefits of having a streaming service full of your own content is not having to pay licensing fees to third parties once all the rights are re-obtained. I don't really see Disney going and licensing 3rd party content.
I think they would make exceptions for stuff like Spider-Man and Indiana Jones that are haw I'll tied to their brands but yeah I don't think it will become as prevalent as Netflix or Hulu.

That being said they are licensing some third party originals such as Dairy of a Female President (from CBS) and Earth to Ned (from Jim Henson Company) so that shows they are willing to pay outside studios even if for right now that's only original content.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I think they would make exceptions for stuff like Spider-Man and Indiana Jones that are haw I'll tied to their brands but yeah I don't think it will become as prevalent as Netflix or Hulu.

That being said they are licensing some third party originals such as Dairy of a Female President (from CBS) and Earth to Ned (from Jim Henson Company) so that shows they are willing to pay outside studios even if for right now that's only original content.
Indiana Jones they'll probably just make another bid to obtain full rights for some point down the line, I imagine. I don't see them sticking with Paramount forever.

I didn't know they were picking up new content from outside production studios though.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London

They still license a lot of third party content for Hulu, and I wouldn't expect that to change. It's possible you'll get a little bit of D+ content tagged onto a deal like that.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Well today is the 25th and Princess and the Frog is still available to stream so that stuff about the meta-data with expiration dates didn't pan out.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Well today is the 25th and Princess and the Frog is still available to stream so that stuff about the meta-data with expiration dates didn't pan out.

It's almost like there's a reason why the UI didn't surface this clearly incorrect data and people fishing round who don't know what they're talking about are full of shit (see "D+ won't support Chromebooks" nonsense from a month ago).

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Been watching a lot of animated shorts. I forget how old a lot of these are, and they still hold up pretty damn good.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up having to make a spotify playlist for songs from musicals titled: "Music from musicals that I end up liking because my kid now watches them ten times a day and damn if they aren't catchy."

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched Simpsons all week-end and unsubbed this morning.

Except for a couple of cartoons filled with childhood nostalgia that would seem weird to watch when my GF is at home and the Simpsons, there's not much in there for me. It was fun while it lasted though.

That said I had a lot of issues a few hours in where it would just start to lag incessantly like every 20 seconds it would stop to load. I tried Netflix right after that which worked perfectly well, so IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.