• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
So since disney's support wait time is insane right now, can anyone tell me how adding the bundle works if I have already paid for 3 years and I have the extra year of verizon? I also already had hulu without ads, so really the only thing I'm adding is the espn+.

Then yours should be like mine. Basically it subtracts the prorated cost of your Disney sub and the difference between your ad free Hulu and the 5.99 credit

4b66a6e77554b3f2b09ddab7a1aee0a4a6bf9947.jpg

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't know if it's just me, but is the audio on Disney+ content noticeably lower than other streaming services?

On my Home Theater, I usually keep my volume at -20 for average volume content. For Disney +, I have to go as far as -6 to get equal volume.

CookieMonster

Oct 30, 2017
I'm confused. I already sub to ad-free Hulu. I also sub to ESPN+.

I just started a free year of D+ via Verizon. Are you saying I should get a bundle price?
You'll get a credit of $4.99 plus $5.99 for a total of $10.98. This means you'll be paying $2.01 for Disney + itself. I would not do the bundle until your free year ends.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just submitted a bug report about Dolby Vision on xbox one x via the dashboard. I think this is on MS' end and not Disney, since all literature I've found has dolby vision implementation limited to netflix, and Microsoft likely has to do something to make it work on other apps.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just submitted a bug report about Dolby Vision on xbox one x via the dashboard. I think this is on MS' end and not Disney, since all literature I've found has dolby vision implementation limited to netflix, and Microsoft likely has to do something to make it work on other apps.

What TV do you own? I know certain TVs such as the LG B6 aren't supported by MS as they are only capable of Dolby Vision at certain frame rates.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Current issues:

- Aspect ratios all over the place
- No way to organize watchlist
- Shorts need their own category
- Why is a single episode of Darkwing Duck over 500 MB in size for a download? I feel like these could be a bit more compressed
- A way to view/clear watch history

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
is there a way to watch in sync with someone else on a different account? ie. Netflix party had both people synchronized so you could watch something together

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
More time I spend with this app the more it makes me appreciate Netflix.

And I'm not even talking about content, I just mean the app itself is kind of a mess. This probably needed another 6 months in the oven.

So many issues and missing features.

Dec 25, 2018
Yeah they definitely needed more time in the oven with this. How could they not think of using shoulder buttons for the PS4 to sort genres? Like basic features weren't thought of.

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Heaven
More time I spend with this app the more it makes me appreciate Netflix.

And I'm not even talking about content, I just mean the app itself is kind of a mess. This probably needed another 6 months in the oven.

So many issues and missing features.
I've been getting in-movie French text on graphics with text on them for some bizarre reason. Im assuming it has something to do with me being in Canada

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Is the actual Disney+ app not going to show up until tomorrow for Australians? Can't find it on my iPad.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I've been getting in-movie French text on graphics with text on them for some bizarre reason. Im assuming it has something to do with me being in Canada
Sometimes when I hit pause or rewind it or fast forward the image stays frozen and the audio keeps going and I have to keep fast forwarding and rewinding and pausing and starting to get it to unfreeze the image.

And I keep having to go and select the episode from the list when I'm watching a show because if I just hit play it keeps defaulting to playing the first episode again. That's just unacceptable.

Feels like an early access app.

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Heaven
Sometimes when I hit pause or rewind it or fast forward the image stays frozen and the audio keeps going and I have to keep fast forwarding and rewinding and pausing and starting to get it to unfreeze the image.

And I keep having to go and select the episode from the list when I'm watching a show because if I just hit play it keeps defaulting to playing the first episode again. That's just unacceptable.

Feels like an early access app.
Yeah that defaulting to the first episode has gotten really annoying really fast while watching some shows with my daughter.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Disney can eventually put Bump in the Night on Disney+. I'd really love to go through this whole show again.

market.jpg

Have so much nostalgia for waking up to watch this and Zoids before school.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
It appears hdr is gone from Android TV app on my Sony TV and the Android app on my note 10+. They were both working fine yesterday.

Yeah, I have a Sony TV too (XBR49X900F). When looking at the info screen for a movie on Disney +. it would note UHD, HDR10, and Dolby Vision. This would make my TV force Dolby Vision when watching 4K content and not allow me to change it. Yesterday, The info screen for a movie on Disney + just noted UHD and HDR10 (no mention of Dolby Vision) and when I watched 4K content, my TV did not force into Dolby Vision mode.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
The 10 device limit is only for downloaded content. You can stream on as many devices as you want as long as you don't exceed 4 at the same time.
What........goddammit I've been doing it wrong

does anybody know if the Verizon deal expires if not redeemed by a certain point? I have the three year plan and a free year of Verizon right now.

I'm wondering if I can stack a relatives free Verizon somehow and we just share the account

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't The World According to Jeff Goldblum supposed to be 4K / Dolby Vision?

Been showing as HD only across all apps for me since launch.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Don't know if it's just me, but is the audio on Disney+ content noticeably lower than other streaming services?

On my Home Theater, I usually keep my volume at -20 for average volume content. For Disney +, I have to go as far as -6 to get equal volume.
It's not just you. I mentioned that issue when it launched.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
so i didn't get an answer last time but

are any folks still seeing content labeled as HD when you're on a 4K set? is this just a mistake and it's automatically converting to my set? or am i stuck watching stuff in HD and has there been a fix in the works?

sorry haven't been really keeping my ear to the ground with this sort of thing. thanks

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.

are any folks still seeing content labeled as HD when you're on a 4K set? is this just a mistake and it's automatically converting to my set? or am i stuck watching stuff in HD and has there been a fix in the works?

sorry haven't been really keeping my ear to the ground with this sort of thing. thanks

Some shit shows HD, but plenty show UHD/Dolby Vision.

I'm on an LG B8, using the TV app.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

My 4K roku lists all the 4k content as HD.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Status
Not open for further replies.