• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Been watching all the Pixar shorts, so sorry if I'm clogging up your Letterboxd feed.

For some reason my videos are stopping every 6 and a half minutes. It spins and eventually says I'm not connected to the internet (which I am of course). I click OK, then it goes back to the title screen, I hit play and it resumes right where I was.

Annoying and not sure what is going on. Happened with a few different titles. Mandalorian worked fine last night.

Xbox One X app. Error code 42.

Anyone else seeing this?

I experienced this with Piper. Wasn't sure what happened.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
They'll keep changing the Greedo scene but the sons of bitches still won't add "When Love Is Gone" back into Muppet Christmas Carol

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if there's any way to get 4k without hdr for the videos that are uhd on Disney+ ? I noticed when disabling hdr on my X1X it just shows HD (1080) for the UHD titles. I'd watch that if my TV's hdr didn't look so muted on the app. Oddly when I have just HDR10 enabled in the X1X video settings and Dolby Vision turned off 4k videos show up but still look muted, yet my TV's (TCL P607) menu doesn't show hdr as being currently enabled.

Oct 25, 2017
Holy balls is the quality of the Simpsons terrible. Zoomed in. Looks like some weird smoothing filter is on it too. Guess I'll stick with my DVD rips for it. it's also a weird fit for the service. I guess they just tossed it in to sweeten the pot? Needs futurama and king of the hill and married with children for the full 90s fix.

that said it's crazy the amount of content. Happy to get to watch stuff like the new Mickey and new duck tales.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted is gorgeous. Episode 1, at least - the places he visits in Peru are breathtaking. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Is it just me or is a lot of stuff that claims it's 4k CLEARLY not 4k??

Nice library though, damn.

Simpsons, Star Wars, old school Disney animation, Pixar, National Geographic, and more.

Great stuff.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
well uh i guess after a decade of never having a chance to watch avatar i probably can now

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Just finished watching the season 5 episode of the Simpsons called 'Homer goes to College' since I decided to finish my education at a later age like him, only to realize that these days I'm closer to Homers' age than I was to Bart's age (back when it started). FUCK

Oct 27, 2017
I am on the same boat as some of you in with the HDR and Atmos issues. On my Xbox One X, I get perfect HDR and Atmos within Netflix. When I launch Disney+ the HDR looks dull and all I can get for audio is 5.1. I tried the TV app (Sony XBR55X900E) and HDR is not working with all content. The Mandolorian on the TV app does not show HDR within its listing while other movies do. I tried the app on my PS4 Pro and I get no HDR content on anything only 4K Ultra HD yet the Netflix app HDR works flawlessly.

My only device that can send out Atmos is my X1X and that's not working at all ontop of the HDR. I hope they update the apps soon.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I am sure this has been discussed, but what is up with the service not having a resume feature? I watched Mandalorian, Jeff Goldblum and some of Inside Imagineering and with each episode I paused it, backed out to the main menu and then picked the episode again and it started from the beginning. My friend said there is a resume feature as he said he was able to resume from some cartoons he was watching..

Anyone know what is up with the resume? If it helps I am watching via the app on my LG OLED...

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Damnit can't wait buuuut are the 4K cuts of Star Wars and Marvel films exclusive to D+? Apple is generally pretty good about doing 4K upgrades for free on iTunes films you already own.
When I look at the movies I haven't watched, it doesn't show that they have 4k/hdr options. That's on my phone. Not sure if they do.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I look at the movies I haven't watched, it doesn't show that they have 4k/hdr options. That's on my phone. Not sure if they do.

Yeah only reason I ask is that the cover art just changed a few days ago guess I've got a project to report back on when my kid let's go and heads off to bed ;)

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I CAN DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING HOLY SHIT....ALL THIS IN THE PALM OF MY HANDS MWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

Status
Not open for further replies.