• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Both my LG C9 app (does this one support 4K and HDR?) and Xbox One X installed and logged into Disney+ flawlessly and immediately. No issues here so far

Oct 28, 2017
My wife was watching Captain Marvel(4K HDR) and there are parts that are so dark that it is almost impossible to see any details. Any calibration suggestion? I was using the Xbox One X app but switched to the Roku app and both rather dark.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Also how do you get episode order wrong? Like how does that even happen?
There is a difference between production order and release order. For example for Darkwing Duck the two-part pilot episode has the production codes 52 and 53 even though these episodes were the first that aired. If they use the production order for Darkwing, then these would be episodes 52 and 53 instead of 1 and 2. It depends on the series, it's mostly the older Disney things that have wacky episode orders for some reason.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Here in Puerto Rico, I was able to access the app on my phone (AT&T unlimited plan) and slowly check out some things....sometimes only the title banner image would load, but nothing to select or play. Eventually pages started populating normally.

Tried again to access via the LG tv app and the Fire Stick 4K app, and no go (location blocked...Liberty ISP home internet ). I tried changing network settings to my mobile service via hotspot, and still wouldn't....then tried screen mirroring via Miracast. On the TV, it mirrors ok, but on the Fire Stick mirroring, as soon as I play anything, there's no video at all and only audio

Oh well, I'll be home in the states soon enough to really dig into it. Looking forward since this TV here is only HDR10....at home I'll have Dolby Vision + Atmos

*Edit*
Oh, and I downloaded some Simpsons Season 4 eps to watch on my flight...so glad they have that option at launch

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I was just able to stream the first 5 mins of Mando on my iPhone running iOS13. Seems to be working fine at least on there.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
Got the account in order.

First thing to do is obviously The Simpsons, and they are indeed the FXX cropped versions. The turkey is, indeed, a little dry.

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
There is a difference between production order and release order. For example for Darkwing Duck the two-part pilot episode has the production codes 52 and 53 even though these episodes were the first that aired. If they use the production order for Darkwing, then these would be episodes 52 and 53 instead of 1 and 2. It depends on the series, it's mostly the older Disney things that have wacky episode orders for some reason.

Ah interesting.

Service already seems to be catching up. Star Wars section seems to be pulling shows to the menu ok and currently streaming episode IV flawlessly. Looks great. Best I've ever seen this movie look to be honest.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Was excited to revisit the '90s X-Men cartoon from the beginning, but it seems only Seasons 3 and 4 are there? Hopefully the others get added eventually.

EDIT: I was wrong, they're all there. I only saw a couple of seasons at first because of Day 1 server troubles.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017
Zero issues streaming, but searching and browsing on the Apple TV is buggy as hell. I bet they are getting hammered with people watching 30 seconds of stuff and flipping around to see what else is available.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Huh... didn't realize people are having issues. I watched the first Mandalorian episode earlier and have been watching Rebels episodes with no problem at all.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Not a good look to be down already. Went to show my co worker the app and couldnt sign in 😂

Hopefully it's fixed quickly

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this title is soooooooooooo ggggggggoooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Currently watching GotG in 4K Dolby Vision and it looks so good! Using the Roku app on a TCL 6-series because I don't feel like watching downstairs on my OLED at the moment. I'm perfectly fine with the video quality. I'll test my Apple TV 4K on the OLED later on just so I can compare the apps, but the Roku app seems fine.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's a good thing that I watched some things when I downloaded the app at 1 am. Servers must be getting killed from all the traffic. I'll bet that it settles down by late tonight. For streaming it looks pretty good and the dolby vision is the best I have seen on the tv I have.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting a year free through Verizon is probably the only nice thing that company has ever done for me.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
So it seems like movies like Dumbo with racist caricatures just get a sort of warning under the film's 'Detail' tab, but the content wasn't cut out. They put a warning about tobacco use first, so it makes it seem like racism just might not be to some people's taste instead of actually saying it is wrong.

They should just use this, word for word and play it IN the film:

fqp-ETjrjKYa-xZ66fx2KBAx8cpn7yYleagN4LFcygk.jpg
And put up song of the south.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, looks like Disney+ problems extends to their support, one tweet says they waited on hold for 1 hour, 25 minutes only for no one to answer:

Terrible that I had to be put on hold for an hour and twenty five minutes and no one answered. You should have done more to prevent this, especially since a lot of us already signed up for a year or more contracts with you.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Weirdly I'm seeing just 4 & 5 (iOS). And on my Apple TV only a few random seasons of Simpsons show up (Vs complete series on iOS). Seems like it's all scrambled at the moment. Or at least different by device.

Ah, OK. Maybe it's just Day 1 app errors keeping me from seeing all the episodes. I did check a different show that said it had three seasons available, but only two appeared. Perhaps the problems will be ironed out and my rewatch from the very beginning will be back on. :)

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It kept saying for me earlier that The Simpsons was not available. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Nevermind, working now. But a few seasons are missing -_-

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
You look on Twitter, and it's like people are ready to storm the gates of the Magic Kingdom and burn Mickey himself.

It's annoying... launches are almost always rough, it will be fine in a day or two...

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
App won't boot at all on Xbox, Roku TV app won't show tv series menu at all, and will only load a fraction of the films.

But I already watched the Mandalorian, got sad by seeing the cropping on Bart gets a F, and have Endgame on pause for a first time watch. All together, successful launch day for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.