• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so now that I've played with this a bit I have some complaints.
A. your plan to watch list is built in reverse order so the newest stuff you added is on top and there doesn't seem to be any way to change them without removing older stuff from the list and adding them again if you want to put them on top.
B. There doesn't seem to be any sort of continue watching section on the main page in general. if you go back into a show it will remember where you were, but you have to go search for it each time.
C. there isn't any watch list on the main page either you have to go to menu navigation and get to the watch list which for roku means you have to press down off the featured shows first then left, then down a few more times to get to your watchlist shows and then as I said they are sorted in reverse order so for me it's about 6 clicks down and 3 clicks right to get back to where I left off.

it's rather annoying. I really hope they at least add a continue watching section.

also for the new ducktales series they for some reason have the pilot episode as episode 4. Not sure why, but maybe that's where it belongs. Just knew I watched the pilot and that the eps I was watching wasn't that lol.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hawkeye D+ concept art from "Expanding the Universe"

hawk40tjgo.png

hawk52ujey.png

hawk66mj14.png

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
It's the first 2 hours guys. Give them a chance. It's good to make notes of things that need to change, but raging about stuff seems pointless.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no Lloyd in space, no buzz lightyear of star command, no 101 dalmations the animated series, no fillmore, no marsupliami...what on earth is going on? nah but seriously where are they?
Weirdly I don't even see the original 101 Dalmations animated film. One of the few WDAS films not up there.
I wish they had studio ghibli films here. I think a couple of em were Disney.
Disney gave up the license. They're all going to HBO Max.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
By massive road map you mean a handful of shows a year, none of them rated above PG-13.
It was never meant to be more than a PG-13 rated service from the get go. It has been made very clear ad nauseum that Disney + is primarily targeting a family oriented service. It is more then likely Hulu will shift with a significant adjustment of their catalogue to target a more adult audience and will likely be optioned as combo deal at a later date.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly did set up for the kiddo, but I watched about 6 minutes of The Mandalorian and browsed the entire catalog. A very impressive selection, even considering some notable absences. Hopefully the gaps fill out quick, but even then there's plenty of content that most of the audience likely has never experienced.

The Mandalorian itself has great production value. Can't say much more given how little the first 6 minutes provided beyond what was already shown off. I do wish the show was given a little more of a rating bump, but the stuff it cuts away from likely wouldn't have added much to the actual quality.

I do hope a lot of the older shows and such aren't stretched out like what is being said of the Simpsons. If so, it would be nice if one of the first QoL improvements would be to readjust those ratios.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they had studio ghibli films here. I think a couple of em were Disney.
Disney licensed a number of them and did the dub for them but were never owned by disney.
they let their license lapse a few years ago and gkids picked them up instead.
and now HBO max paid to stream them.
Even if they still owned the license though it's unlikely they would be on Disney+. Ghibli films are not disney owned products so they would have to pay to have them on the service and it's quite clear they don't plan on putting stuff they don't own on the service.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Is there any way to subscribe to this shit from Europe? I don't know.. fake address, VPN, something? I don't wanna wait till March to watch the Mandalorian :(

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
It was never meant to be more than a PG-13 rated service from the get go. It has been made very clear ad nauseum that Disney + is primarily targeting a family oriented service. It is more then likely Hulu will shift with a significant adjustment of their catalogue to target a more adult audience and will likely be optioned as combo deal at a later date.
I'm aware, I just find it eye roll worthy to say Disney + is a netflix killer.

I'm in Canada and we dont have Hulu, so I am curious if Disney plans to finally bring it up here and roll out adult content on there.

A Hulu + Disney+ for the same cost as netflix would definitely put it in direct competition with them but as of now, Disney + alone isnt.

I just don't see people that watch shows like the haunting of hill house and mind hunter cancelling Netflix for Disney +.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Hm. Having an issue with the FireTV app. Started up the Mandalorian fine. But the color palette looked a little wonky. Like the light in the scenes was changing between white, blue, and purple when the camera cuts occured. Then I stopped to go look at the settings and now I get no picture. I can see the menus fine, and hear the audio, but no video.

Is this just a case of the Amazon app being a rush-job? All my other streaming apps have no issues.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, works on Apple TV 4K.

AirPlay 2 doesn't stream in Atmos btw, the TVs built in app has to support it in order for it to work.
The WebOS app shows support for atmos but won't pick up the signal. I tried using Vudu and the Dolby Vision app in my tv and both are picking up the signal. Seems like there is just a glitch with the WebOS app not working with atmos. Not a big deal but just wanted to make sure my setup wasn't borked.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I was curious about that. Do you mean the 4K movies off of iTunes and stuff are still better bitrate and compression wise?
Yes, by far. Apple TV+ is like 29Mbps for 4K on average, this is nowhere near that, this looks to be maybe Netflix range. It's really hard to tell from watching.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm aware, I just find it eye roll worthy to say Disney + is a netflix killer.

I'm in Canada and we dont have Hulu, so I am curious if Disney plans to finally bring it up here and roll out adult content on there.

A Hulu + Disney+ for the same cost as netflix would definitely put it in direct competition with them but as of now, Disney + alone isnt.

I just don't see people that watch shows like the haunting of hill house and mind hunter cancelling Netflix for Disney +.
Nor do I - i don't think this a Netflix killer at all. I think it will complement the streaming services and many people will either absorb the cost of Disney + (Being only $6.99 helps) into their weekly budget or they will drop Netflix or another streaming service if they want to. I expect to possibly see Netflix's sub numbers take a small dip over the next quarter but they will not be in any strife beyond that.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Hm. Having an issue with the FireTV app. Started up the Mandalorian fine. But the color palette looked a little wonky. Like the light in the scenes was changing between white, blue, and purple when the camera cuts occured. Then I stopped to go look at the settings and now I get no picture. I can see the menus fine, and hear the audio, but no video.

Is this just a case of the Amazon app being a rush-job? All my other streaming apps have no issues.
Interesting. I'll have to test this out on my fire stick.

Dec 5, 2017
I was very shocked when Duck Tales skipped from episode 1 to episode 4. They are just missing 2 and 3. What kind of joke is this.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Created my watchlist. A lot of stuff I have been meaning to watch or waiting for this service. There is a lot of content I want to get through surprisingly. With that said, it is apparent a lot is missing, probably due to rights.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
10 min of checking out Disney+ ended up being 2 hours.

Damnations.

I love it though, cant wait to start binge watching / marathon watching lol.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
There looks to be a wealth of hdr /Dolby vision content on disney plus. I don't know how netflix justifies the hdr up charge anymore.

Nov 5, 2017
There looks to be a wealth of hdr /Dolby vision content on disney plus. I don't know how netflix justifies the hdr up charge anymore.
How can you tell? I'm on the iOS App and it doesn't seem like any content is in 4K or HDR.
I'm downloading things though for offline access.
Could this be affecting my ability to watch in 4K?
Is The Mandalorian in 4K on the iOS App?

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty insane the amount they have on Day 1. I tried 4K Netflix but there wasn't enough content for me to justify the cost. This cost me less than 1/3 the monthly price and already had significantly more content I'm interested in.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
How can you tell? I'm on the iOS App and it doesn't seem like any content is in 4K or HDR.
I'm downloading things though for offline access.
Could this be affecting my ability to watch in 4K?
Is The Mandalorian in 4K on the iOS App?
There is a logo that says VISION when you see a movie or show that supports Dolby vision.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I notice under details, it lists all the formats the video is available in. Is there a way to choose which you watch or is it auto-detected only?

Status
Not open for further replies.