• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, I thought High School Musical The Musical The Series was a fun first episode. Kind of reminded me of Glee mixed with The Office style confessionals.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
t1573556400z1.png
You forgot to add the UK/France/Spain release time
t1585645200z1.png

🧂

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Definitely going on a nostalgia binge.

Also doing a rewatch of Avengers EMH. Show was great and one of the best Marvel animated series.
Definitely solid but I also plan to watch Avengers United they stand. It's not perfect but it's got a pretty accurate and classic Avengers lineup and Antman(Pym) is team leader so I can't say no to that
No prob, might have missed one or two myself

my question is where is Herbie the love bug(the miniseries)
Edit: not at op the question is at Disney

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Well done on the OT, i only ever saw the list of movies that would be available day one out of order.

I cant wait to binge some disney movies next weekend, Lilo And Stitch and the Goofy Movie are going to streamed quite a bit from me. Really looking forward to the Mandalorian too, i'm back into star wars so i'll take what i can get. Hope its good.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Is there a list of current Disney movies that are on other services instead of Disney Plus? I was going to watch Ralph Breaks The Internet when the service launched but then realized last night that it's on Netflix. Is it just Netflix that has their content now?

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
You forgot to add the UK/France/Spain release time
t1585645200z1.png

🧂

Did you really want me to rub salt in the wound lol

Definitely solid but I also plan to watch Avengers United they stand. It's not perfect but it's got a pretty accurate and classic Avengers lineup and Antman(Pym) is team leader so I can't say no to that

No prob, might have missed one or two myself

my question is where is Herbie the love bug(the miniseries)
Edit: not at op the question is at Disney

OK OP is updated, if anyone else finds any errors let me know.

When are they going to open up the bundle pricing (D+/Hulu/ESPN+)?

It should be available on Tuesday

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
This gif encapsulates everything that's wrong with Marvel's approach to filmmaking. You have this very important, perhaps the most important scene in the whole MCU, and they just gotta throw in a cheap one-liner joke.
Not everything has to be grimdark.

Also, the release time should be included in the OP as well.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
What's the Fox situation? Are all new PG13 and below movies going to Disney Plus and R rated going to Hulu?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I just tried to log in (only works on firefox, for some reason) and was told I'd get an email in about 24 hours.

legendofgood

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the older Simpsons episodes are cropped to 16:9 or are they in their original 4:3 ratio?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Wtf, what if isn't coming till 2021?? That was one of the few things they showed footage for at D23 panel. Thought it was much sooner than that.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Hmm so think I will wait until more original content is available. I am really excited about Mandalorian though, but looks like it's a wait going forward.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, for the content that's airing still on regular TV (both under the Disney Channel net and ABC), has Disney clarified if they still plan to roll that out shortly after they air on TV here? I recall them talking about that awhile back and now went quiet on that.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to The Mandalorian, Noelle (more Bill Hader!), and anything and everything Disney parks related.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Looking forward to getting the iOS App up and running!

Will download some Simpsons to watch on my train commute. Any word on if it is OG or Fox App cuts (cropped and stretched)?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok, let's do a fun one, what pre 1980 non-animated(non fox) movies are people looking forward to watching? And which for the first time?

I'm looking forward to doing a Herbie marathon, and revisiting the absent minded professor, Shaggy dog da. Also looking forward to seeing BlackBeards Ghost and 20000 leagues under the sea for the first time

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think Noelle looked anywhere near as bad as Hallmark stuff. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾
Same, I was always in this place of wanting to see Christmas movies around Christmas time but never really wanted to spend the money in theaters for a large majority of them. Having some of them come to streaming is perfect. There's no real risk and hopefully I can have some heartwarming Christmas movie for an hour and a half.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
By the way, for the content that's airing still on regular TV (both under the Disney Channel net and ABC), has Disney clarified if they still plan to roll that out shortly after they air on TV here? I recall them talking about that awhile back and now went quiet on that.
I believe after the season concludes, at least that's what they said about Disney Channel shows. Other shows on other networks that are more adult will likely just head to Hulu.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
ukrLIUt.jpg

| Web | App Store | Play Store | FireTV | Roku | Xbox | PS4 |

Original Films Available At Launch
  • Dolphin Reef (nature documentary)
  • The Imagineering Story (documentary)
  • Lady and the Tramp
  • Noelle
Original Series Available at Launch
  • Encore! (docuseries)
  • Forky Asks a Question (Pixar animated shorts)
  • High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
  • The Mandalorian (Star Wars)
  • Marvel's Hero Project (docuseries)
  • SparkShorts (Pixar animated shorts)
  • The World According to Jeff Goldblum (docuseries)
Films Available at Launch

Series Available at Launch

Upcoming Original Star Wars Content

• Star Wars: The Clone Wars (season 7, February 2020)
  • Untitled Cassian Andor/Rogue One prequel with Diego Luna and Alan Tyduk
  • Untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi series
Upcoming Original Marvel Content
  • The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (August 2020)
  • Loki (early 2021)
  • WandaVision (early 2021)
  • Hawkeye (late 2021)
  • What If… ? (animated, mid 2021)
  • Ms. Marvel (In development)
  • Moon Knight (In development)
  • She-Hulk (In development)
Upcoming Original Films
  • Togo (December 2019)
  • Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe (animated, 2020)
  • Secret Society of the Second Born Royals (2020)
  • Lamp Life (Pixar animated short, Year 1)
  • Magic Camp (Year 1)
  • Stargirl (Year 1)
  • Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made (Year 1)
  • 29 Dates (In development)
  • 3 Men and a Baby remake (In development)
  • Cheaper by the Dozen reboot (In development)
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid reboot (In development)
  • Don Quixote (In development)
  • Father of the Bride reboot (In development)
  • Flora & Ulysses (In development)
  • The Grimm Legacy (In development)
  • Home Alone reboot (In development)
  • Night at the Museum reboot (In development)
  • The Paper Magician (In development)
  • The Parent Trap reboot (In development)
  • Peter Pan (In development)
  • Safety (In development)
  • Sister Act 3 (In development)
  • The Sword in the Stone (In development)
Upcoming Original Series
  • One Day at Disney (docuseries, December 3, 2019)
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars (season 7)
  • Monsters at Work (animated Pixar, 2020)
  • Diary of a Female President (2020)
  • Muppets Now (2020)
  • Be Our Chef (cooking reality competition, Year 1)
  • Chip 'N' Dale (animated shorts, Year 1)
  • Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies (docuseries, Year 1)
  • Ink & Paint (docuseries, Year 1)
  • Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2 (docuseries, Year 1)
  • Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (animated shorts, Year 1)
  • Rogue Trip (travel show, Year 1)
  • Shop Class (reality competition, Year 1)
  • Short Circuit (animated shorts, Year 1)
  • Earthkeepers (working title) (docuseries, Year 2)
  • Big Shot (In development)
  • Life and Deaf (In development)
  • Lizzie Maguire revival (In development)
  • The Proud Family season 3 (animated, In development)
  • Untitled Ice Age series (animated, In development)
  • Untitled Mighty Ducks series (In development)
  • Untitled The Sandlot series (In development)
  • Untitled True Lies series (In development)
  • Untitled Willow series (In development)

KOwL2tW.png

Trailers

K4Gztde.png

FAQ

What is Disney+?

Disney+ is Disney's streaming service which will have content from Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, National Geographic, and 20th Century Fox.

It is a direct competitor to Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Max and Apple TV+, and it will compliment Disney's Hulu and EPSN+ streaming services.

When does Disney+ launch?

November 12th, 2019 for the United States, Canada and the Netherlands.
November 19th, 2019 for Australia and New Zealand.
March 31st, 2020 for United Kingdom, Germany, France Italy, and Spain.

How much does it cost?

United States - $6.99 per month, or $69.99 per year
Canada - C$8.99 per month, or $89.99 per year
Holland - €6.99 per month, or €69.99 per year
Australia - A$8.99 per month or $89.99 per year
New Zealand - NZ$9.99 per month or $99.99

What devices are supported at launch?
  • Apple iOS devices
  • Apple TV (and in the Apple TV app)
  • Amazon FireTV
  • Android mobile devices
  • Android TV
  • Chromecast
  • Roku devices
  • PlayStation 4
  • Xbox One

Source Source

Will Disney+ be bundled with any other services?

Yes, Disney will bundle Disney+ with ad-supported Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99 in the US. Source

What is the Disney+ Founders Circle?

The Founders Circle is a promotion for members who signed up for Disney+ prior to launch. D23 and D23 Gold members were able to purchase three years of Disney+ for $140 (roughly $70 off), Disney Movie Rewards members and Chase Disney Visa cardholders could also buy 2 or 3 years of Disney+. Members can also pre-order the service for a year or a month on the homepage.

Will Disney+ have a channel in the Apple TV app or on the Amazon Prime Video marketplace?

There are no plans for Disney+ channel in Apple TV or Amazon Prime. Source

Will content be available in 4k and HDR? Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos?

When available, yes, and for no extra charge! Source

How many simultaneous streams can I have with Disney+?

Disney+ will allow for 4 simultaneous streams per account. Source

How many devices can my Disney+ account be logged in to at once?

Disney+ will allow for 10 different devices per account. Source

Will Disney+ have profiles like Netflix?

Yes, you will be able to create 7 profiles and choose between over 200 different profile pictures for them.

Can a profile on Disney+ be set to "kid" mode like on Netflix?

Yes! You can also set profiles to only show content for younger audiences.

Will Disney+ have R-rated content?

No, this type of content will go to Disney's streaming service, Hulu.

Will all of the 20th Century Fox content or more mature content like Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, and King of the Hill be on Disney+?

Content of this nature will exist on Hulu for streaming, which is also owned by Disney.

What about the Disney films on Netflix?

They will be available through the end of 2019. Any Disney films released in 2019 will go directly to Disney+. Source

How soon will new releases be on Disney+?

A few months after the home video release, similar to how Disney films used to appear on Netflix.

Will content on Disney+ be cycled in and out like Netflix?

No! All content on Disney+ will be on the service permanently. Source

There is a possibility that some films will go back to Netflix in 2026, but once they return, they will be back for good.

What about the Disney vault?

Disney will be ending the vault program, as all content will eventually be available on Disney+. Source

Will episodes of the original series be streaming at once or in a weekly format?

Starting with The Mandalorian on launch episodes will be streaming weekly. Other series are TBD.

How long will it take me to binge all of The Simpsons on Disney+?

There are 662 episodes of 'The Simpsons'. At approximately 22 minutes per episode, it would take you just under 10 days and 3 hours if you watched nonstop. Source

original.gif

t1573556400z1.png

You should probably add if you're a Verizon new or existing 4G LTE or 5G unlimited plan customer, you get Disney+ free for a year

Jul 4, 2018
Can't wait for the 19th. Two episodes of Mando then I move on to a bunch of library content that has never been on streaming, that I'm aware of, in New Zealand. Me and the family a pretty damn stoked!

Jul 4, 2018
So after The Madalorian, the next series of real note isn't until Falcon and Winter Soldier?

Goes without saying that the offering here for people who love Disney films/series, and families is excellent. Just, not sure I can see myself continually subscribing here. Suspect this may be the first service that I occasionally dip into for a month now and again. The original series are fairly sparse.

Yeah if you're in this for Live Cation Star Wars shows and MCU shows probably going to be a little wait so best to cycle in and out as they come. Although with weekly launches I could see once the first MCU show comes out in late 2020 that there would only be small gaps between series as most of these are scheduled to come out in the next 2-3 years if I remember the announcements correctly.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Really excited for Disney+. Can't wait to re-watch some films that I haven't seen in many years.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
After watching the first Mandalorian episodes, I think I'm gonna go on a "canon" Star Wars timeline binge since I've always wanted to do that but couldn't 'cause most of the stuff was only available on multiple streaming services or not at all.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Sucks King of the Hill and Bobs Burgers are too "mature" for Plus.

Personally, I think King of the Hill should be made available on both Disney+ and Hulu.

It's a TV-PG show, and it's not raunchy like Family Guy or American Dad. I don't think it's that much more adult than The Simpsons and Malcom in the Middle (which is also coming to Disney+)

Jul 4, 2018
Personally, I think King of the Hill should be made available on both Disney+ and Hulu.

It's a TV-PG show, and it's not raunchy like Family Guy or American Dad. I don't think it's that much more adult than The Simpsons and Malcom in the Middle (which is also coming to Disney+)

Hope they make an exception for Futurama as well, I mean if they already have The Simpsons c'mon.

Oct 31, 2017

I don't think they ever said KoTH, Bob's Burger, Futurama are too adult for Disney+. I think they said something like that regarding Family Guy and American Dad, but not the rest.

Regardless I'm curious on when they will start putting Fox and Touchstone content on the service. There's a lot missing.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
All of the apps will probably go live on Tuesday.

You can login at https://preview.disneyplus.com. When you attempt to sign up/preorder and put in your email, it will ask for the password.
Only thing I can think to do is bookmark this and refresh it every now and then.

It's not our for US Apple TV yet either so it'll probably go live Monday or Tuesday.
Thank you! I wasn't sure if I was missing something or not. It seemed a little surprising that I couldn't find the app or login portal just two days out from launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.