• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
https://deadline.com/2022/03/the-mu...-lily-singh-stars-adam-f-goldberg-1234972429/

Disney+ has given an official green light to The Muppets Mayhem, a comedy series headlined by several Muppet stars and Lilly Singh (A Little Late with Lilly Singh).

Developed and written by The Goldbergs creator Adam F. Goldberg, Muppets veteran Bill Barretta and Jeff Yorkes, the series will follow The Electric Mayhem Band as they go on an epic musical journey to finally record their first studio album. Singh will play the (human) lead role of Nora, a driven junior A&R executive tasked with managing and wrangling the mayhem that is The Electric Mayhem Band. With the help of Nora, the old-school Muppet band comes face to face with the current day music scene as they try to finally go platinum.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Honestly doing some spin-offs to get a feel for the characters again is probably the right way to go

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I am 100% in

The episode focusing on them on The Muppets was the best one of the series, so i am fully hyped

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Are we getting Dave Grohl as ANIMOOL again?

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I'm sure this will be just as successful as all the other Disney reboots of The Muppets!

giphy.gif

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen the Haunted Mansion special yet but I absolutely hated Muppets Now. Really hoping this is a good one.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I'm sure this will be just as successful as all the other Disney reboots of The Muppets!

giphy.gif
How could you post an eagle and NOT have it be Sam?

sam-the-eagle-the-muppets.gif

Also Muppet Babies and Haunted Mansion was well liked, it's just the offerings have been sparse.

I'd say this is more the umpteenth attempt in the form of a spinoff rather than a reboot.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Sounds like fun.
Muppets Now was really weird and i'm not sure how to describe it but I didn't like it at all.

The ABC sitcom and the 2 recent movies were a lot of fun though. I'd like to see Disney invest some more life into the IP outside of showing up as random cameos and shorts so it'll be nice to see what they do with a more longform series.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
The concept has a lot of potential. I hope it gets an actual budget though. I'm tired of just seeing muppets in front of green screens.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This sounds like a great idea. Haunted Mansion was a blast, so hopefully it'll be as good.

I'm not sure how fair it is to judge Muppets Now as indicative of anything quality wise, my understanding was that the skits weren't designed to be presented in that way to begin with.