• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Obi-Wan Kenobi, the new Disney+ special event series starring Ewan McGregor as the iconic Jedi Master, will begin shooting in April.

The story begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith where Kenobi faced his greatest defeat, the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker turned evil Sith Lord Darth Vader.

Obi-Wan Kenobi is directed by Deborah Chow, director of two critically acclaimed episodes of The Mandalorian Season 1.

The series also marks the return of Hayden Christensen in the role of Darth Vader.

www.starwars.com

Obi-Wan Kenobi Series to Begin Production in April, Cast Revealed | StarWars.com

Get full details on the cast of Obi-Wan Kenobi, the new Disney+ special event series starring Ewan McGregor as the iconic Jedi Master.

Last edited:

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lucasfilm announces that production on the Disney+ series 'Obi Wan Kenobi' has begun.

They've also give us the full cast list.

Includes: Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen, Moses Ingram, Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Kumail Nanjiani, Indira Varma, Rupert Friend, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Sung Kang, Simone Kessell and Benny Safdie.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow

GREAT cast!

Great for continuity too!

image-asset.jpeg

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, what a nice surprise. I thought this was cancelled. I am looking forward to the prequel trilogy memories coming back lol.

Does Ewan McGregor age?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I'm actually kind of excited (well, at least interested) to see how Christensen does as Anakin with material not written/directed by Lucas.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
So Joel and Bonnie are Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen right? I think those were the actors from ep2 and 3.

Indira might be an inquisitor as well

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I would have never bet money on seeing Hayden come back as Vader. Cool to see him get another chance in that role though.

Great casting anyways. Hope it's all worth it.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Benny Safdie is one of those "uhh wait why is he in a Star Wars movie??" type casting choices.

I'm interested though, would have been a huge opportunity loss not to do an Obi-Wan series.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Kumail could be an imposing villain with his current physique lmao

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Hayden is a good actor. Now I hope he gets better material.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
O'Shea Jackson Jr going from being a Batman nerd in a movie, to fighting Ghidorah, and now he's on Tatooine.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
That cast had me hyped even before I noticed Joel Fuckin' Edgerton is coming to play.

Prequel gang rise up!

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
HAN LIVES!

also if he's alive again in the F&F movies, I'm not exactly up to date on those, so just let me have this.