• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
I don't think they are going to raise the price quite as fast or as much as yall think. This is Disney reintroducing itself in the modern era to the next generation. This is them farming families to get into the parks and into the movie theaters, especially for Star Wars and Marvel. This is about merchandising. Unlike every other streaming service out there, Disney has other ancillary businesses that are directly impacted by this service and it behooves them to keep the barriers to entry as low as possible.

Forget about the parks and movie theaters, think about the actual shit in stores. Bed sheets, toys, backpacks, school supplies, etc. Make more kids care about these characters and get them to come into Disney stores and buy Disney related shit at Walmart and Target or whatever.

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds very good. I'm excited for the new Star Wars series The Mandalorian since Jon Favreau is helming it.

Any word about the timing when we see this service in Europe? I assume "Aggressive international rollout plan." means it won't take longer than a few months?

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netflix- FREE (T-Mobile customer)
Amazon Prime- $6.49 (Student account)
DC Universe- $7.99 (Haven't subbed yet but will)
Disney+ $6.99 (Will sub)

This is what I'm looking at for all of my streaming services. $21.47.

Fuck Comcast.
People say it's expensive but it's lies, all the subs available would still be cheaper than cable, just look at the new YouTube Tv price

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a good price, but as of now they yet have to show (as in not just talk about but actually show trailers) anything I'd subscribe for. I already have my favourite Pixar movies available to me in a variety of ways and the current shows don't interest me, let alone the Disney Channel ones. At this price, however, I'm willing to bite the moment they drop a great series: 7 bucks to watch a season of a good show is fine by me.

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
Do we know if that's every series of The Simpsons ever released, or just new episodes going forward?

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
A decent price, but they should be able to offer it at that as they will get a boatload of subs just because they are Disney.

On the subject of adverts, I don't think they run any on the Disney channels in Europe, they just run promos for their own stuff. Basically they have no need to advertise anyone else's shite.

Do we know if that's every series of The Simpsons ever released, or just new episodes going forward?
Thing I saw on the BBC said first 30 seasons.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Really good price and good line-up of content. Hope The Simpsons will be available in Europe as well at launch

This sounds very good. I'm excited for the new Star Wars series The Mandalorian since Jon Favreau is helming it.

Any word about the timing when we see this service in Europe? I assume "Aggressive international rollout plan." means it won't take longer than a few months?
Screenshot_2019-04-11-Disneys-Investor-Day-2019-Webcast-The-Walt-Disney-Company24.png

For Western Europe Q1/Q2 FY20 (Q1 start 1 October 2019), so it shouldn't be that long. Other territories should come within 2 years.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I wonder how much Disney had to pay WarnerMedia to get the Star Wars films off TNT/Tbs? I bet it was a fucking fortune.

For as long as it takes to pass Netflix in subs.

A family orientated service like this isn't going to usurp Netflix. It'll be a definite 'plus one' but it's content is too laser focused on the Disney brands to really become an industry leader.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Perfect price, but I would have no idea about what I would even watch on there apart from their new marvel and pixar movies.
Would need to see what kind of original stuff they have in store.
The service will operate on a huge loss for a while though.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I also hope this launches with a WebOs app. I feel like LG has really dropped the ball with getting companies to support their app store.

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, is this different to the Disney Life subscription I already pay £4.99 a month for?

Because that's great value too, and a winner with our kids, but The Simpsons streaming makes + a must for me.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Full episodes of Simpsons means day 1 purchase.

Oct 27, 2017
seeing the list, i was actuallyexpecting more stufd. not sure what but doesnt fox have more interesting series outside The Simpsons?

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
FILMS:
101 Dalmatians
A Bug's Life
A Goofy Movie
An Extremely Goofy Movie
Bambi
Bao
Big Hero 6
Born in China
Cars
Fantasia
Finding Dory
Finding Nemo
Free Solo
Frozen
Fun and Fancy Free
Hercules
High School Musical
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
Inside Out
Iron Man
Lady and the Tramp
Lilo & Stitch
Mary Poppins
Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
Moana
Monsters University
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Pixar Short Films Collection Vol 1
Ratatouille
Remember the Titans
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope
Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
(2008 film)
Steamboat Willie
The Good Dinosaur
The Incredibles
The Little Mermaid
The Parent Trap
(1961)
The Prince & The Pauper (1990)
The Princess Diaries
The Rocketeer
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
(short)
The Sword in the Stone
The Three Caballeros
Thor: The Dark World
Toy Story
Tron
(1982)
Up
Wall-E
Zootopia

Meh...
Meh...
Meh...
Meh...
Meh...

Thor: The Dark World

giphy-3.gif

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
Seeing that Asia-Pacific rollout spread across 2 years is painful. I'm sure it'll come to Australia soon enough but I need to know for sure.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, is this different to the Disney Life subscription I already pay £4.99 a month for?

Because that's great value too, and a winner with our kids, but The Simpsons streaming makes + a must for me.
They've been pretty unclear about that, but presumably DisneyLife will either update to become Disney+ or they'll shut it down and move the accounts over to Disney+.

DisneyLife's entire existence is honestly pretty bizarre, it came out after we already knew Disney was working on this service so it has always felt...temporary.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow, that's a really solid service! Price and Content wise it seems.
I'm on board if the shows turn out good and if the old stuff is all there.

I'm there for the new Muppets show at the latest! (Why did nobody tell me? Why the strange premise?)

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's a really good launch point, though hopefully they refrain from increasing prices for a good long while and at similar rates as there isn't as the only costs beyond operation are their standalone shows and Disney has plenty of profit rolling in.

It'll be interesting what else starts getting dropped on to their service from the past, whether that be Amblin projects such as Arachniphobia or a combination of Disney Channel and ABC Family (Freeform?) material.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
For that price, I'll get it just for the Marvel shows. So glad that they realized that it needs to be priced low at first. Plus no ads? 🙂

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That's really impressive, both in terms of terms of content and price.
Is there a detailed international rollout map somewhere?

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Really good price and good line-up of content. Hope The Simpsons will be available in Europe as well at launch

Screenshot_2019-04-11-Disneys-Investor-Day-2019-Webcast-The-Walt-Disney-Company24.png

For Western Europe Q1/Q2 FY20 (Q1 start 1 October 2019), so it shouldn't be that long. Other territories should come within 2 years.

Was wondering that. Will probably sub if around £6 for the marvel stuff (shows + films).

Will this have 4k + hdr streaming?

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
Its already in the UK and is called Disney Life and has existed for 2 years, all they have to do is add new shows/movies content in nov, very easy
I'm really curious what's going to happen with this. Atm DisneyLife is hamstrung as iirc Disney has an exclusivity deal with Sky for a year, which is why there's a severe lag on their own stuff going on the service (Moana has only just recently been added for example).

I believe this is the case for TV shows too, as a lot of their Disney Channel stuff is way behind what's on the Sky catch up system. My daughter loves Disney Jr stuff and there's always newer episodes on my parents Sky box than what I can get on DL and SW Rebels has only just got the final season added pretty much exactly a year after the finale originally aired.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Man, outside of Star Wars, Marvel, and Jeff Goldblum that original content lineup looks shitawful. Good for them those are enough to force a sub anyway though.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The price is ok, but I still can't see myself keeping a subscription for more than a month just to check out one thing.