• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Great price.

I'll probably do what I do for CBS and wait for a period when several shows I want to watch are coming out and then subscribe for a few months and cancel until the next year.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty late launch.

Hopefully they've got everything there, seems like it. But I'd like to have explicit confirmation of stuff like Recess, Gargoyles, Hercules The Series, Even Stevens, etc.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So, how will it work with new releases?

Did they give a time-frame on how long after home video release it would take for a movie to go on Disney+?

I noticed they mentioned Captain Marvel will be there Day 1, but if they follow the same time frame from Infinity War, Endgame will be on home video 3 months before Disney+ launches.
Likely the same window as Netflix, 8-9 months after theatrical.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm i see.. in that case i dont agree when people say disney+ is going to crush nx. At least for now.

First it lacks of variety of contents and are mostly for teens and kids. .
You literally have to subscribe to the other streaming service for those adult contents. I dont think it is going to be effective compared to netflix with you pay once and enjoy all contents from 7+ till 21+

Disney needs to up their game

You're failing to realize Disney plans to do a discount bundles when you combine services. Combine that if they do with Hulu what they're doing to Disney+, that combo is a very compelling replacement for Netflix.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Not interested unless they have good original content that isn't Marvel/superhero stuff. Doesn't seem like it though but we'll see.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
You're failing to realize Disney plans to do a discount bundles when you combine services. Combine that if they do with Hulu what they're doing to Disney+, that combo is a very compelling replacement for Netflix.
Idk about replacement for Netflix, they got too many shows I watch. But Amazon Video and post-GoT HBO are definitely on the shortlist of services that'll be cut.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I really hope that they end up putting the older Mickey Mouse/Silly Symphonies shorts up. That's easily my most wanted thing from this service. Especially since the old DVDs are expensive as hell and not as frequently released like Looney Tunes stuff is.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Idk about replacement for Netflix, they got too many shows I watch. But Amazon Video and post-GoT HBO are definitely on the shortlist of services that'll be cut.

Short term, Netflix isn't going anywhere, but Disney can certainly make a compelling reason for people to leave Netflix over time through Disney+ and Hulu by leveraging all the IPs Disney and Fox has. That's a huge well to pull content from.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Good price but the content isn't really anything I'm interested in. Will probably sub for a month to watch whatever Star Wars shows they have. But this doesn't look like something I want long-term.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I want to take a second and appreciate the fact that you can watch Avengers Endgame, Lion King, Aladdin, Star Wars IX and Frozen 2 for fucking $7. Like what the fuck.

I'll never forget my parents being pissed at me for a week in 1996 after I cried and cried because I wanted Toy Story on VHS so bad (it was rented at like 3 nearby blockbusters before you ask). They bought it for me and it was $30. $30 FOR A STUPID TAPE, they said.

They still remember this story so they laughed after I just told them about this whole streaming service. This value is insane.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
When will Disney pander to anime fans and announce they're funding Miyazaki's next movie?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Ok now who has a list of every tv show Disney owns the rights to and could realistically release on this service?

I want Spider-Man TAS and I want it now

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Why there's so many post future-complaining about the price rise in the next years?

This is an amazing deal, will enjoy it 100% and not think in future price increment lmao.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netflix may sweat a bit but right now that library is very kid-centric, as one would expect from Disney. Until they get more adult-oriented content I dunno if people will view it as a Netflix replacement.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Netflix may sweat a bit but right now that library is very kid-centric, as one would expect from Disney. Until they get more adult-oriented content I dunno if people will view it as a Netflix replacement.
The Disney+Hulu combo that they will push is the Netflix replacement. Especially if the bundle is cheaper than Netflix.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I want to take a second and appreciate the fact that you can watch Avengers Endgame, Lion King, Aladdin, Star Wars IX and Frozen 2 for fucking $7. Like what the fuck.

I'll never forget my parents being pissed at me for a week in 1996 after I cried and cried because I wanted Toy Story on VHS so bad (it was rented at like 3 nearby blockbusters before you ask). They bought it for me and it was $30. $30 FOR A STUPID TAPE, they said.

They still remember this story so they laughed after I just told them about this whole streaming service. This value is insane.
I mean there is still value in buying BluRays with quality in video and audio. But sure this is a good deal if you don't care too much about that stuff and just want to stream things.

Oct 26, 2017

I just posted about this elsewhere but your anecdote highlights how twisted Disney's pricing tactics are. This is a form of Pricing Anchoring where a high price conditions someone to think a lower price is a better value. The difference here isn't disney has conditioned people to expect high premiums so that when they need to, they can just drop a price like this and get everyone to sign up.

In of itself, putting $7 /month and $70/ year side by side is a tactic to push people to a monthly sub so they can make more money.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ducktales... I'm in.

Also give me Fillmore, New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Recess.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Ctrl + find simpsons

Holy fuck.

Only deal breaker would be if they have an aggressively bad family plan that doesnt allow account sharing.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (72 hours): Advocating piracy.
All well and good for people in the US but what about the international rollout? How long until they get Disney+ in places like Latin America and will at least some of that content be distributed internationally through Netflix in the meantime?

Because if this content isn't available internationally in a reasonable timeframe, I'm torrenting the shit out of it.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that their Marvel/SW shows are in the 6-8 episode range. I wonder if that's them taking the criticism regarding the Netflix shows to heart