• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Impossible to say no to this service.

And a simultaneous launch in Canada and US has me extremely thankful and hyped!

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like, if this stays true, that they don't have seperate sd,hd, uhd packages like Netflix. I don't like that model.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Impossible to say no to this service.

And a simultaneous launch in Canada and US has me extremely thankful and hyped!

Where have you read about a launch in Canada? I've been watching and they haven't mentioned Canada once when they detailed their launch plans around the world.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
They'll be raising that price year by year until they get it to $11 or so.

Nov 5, 2017
Netflix is done...how can you beat the conglomerate behemoth that is Disney?!?!? I mean, nowadays, almost anything related to pop culture is Disney - Marvel, Simpsons, Pixar, etc. They own everything and anything pop culture...

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I might as well subscribe the first year. Too good of a deal for all their content especially with the MCU originals

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in. It makes me feel better for cancelling Netflix at the end of this month.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netflix is done...how can you beat the conglomerate behemoth that is Disney?!?!? I mean, nowadays, almost anything related to pop culture is Disney - Marvel, Simpsons, Pixar, etc. They own everything and anything pop culture...
Netflix can offer more adult content like Roma or Ozark. I don't see Disney having risque content. At least, this will keep Netflix competitive.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Oh really? I read "North america launch" and felt suddenly included!

Yeah I've been waiting to hear Canada and it never comes. Even in the press release it specifically says USA on nov 12. Canada is no where to be seen. I hope someone asks and they clarify as it will suck if we never get it like we don't get hulu cause of the CRTC.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Netflix JUST increased my monthly price to $17 I think. Wtf. Netflix is getting too expensive

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
It's hard to emphasize just how much this is going to sell, especially to parents like me who monitor content. The ability to hand a tablet over to my daughter and son and say "watch literally anything on the service go nuts" is unbelievably valuable.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Is the November 12 date US only or is it coming to UK then too (I'd argue it'd be out then considering it's a 'Tier 1' but wdik)?

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Going to be honest, I'm in the second this comes to Australia. It'll probably replace my crunchyroll subscription.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
This is way cheaper than I expected they are trying to crush Netflix. The $7 price includes 4K content too right? If so, that's much more compelling than Netflix's $16 a month with very limited 4K content.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait to see the final lineup, but that does look enticing as well. The right price for an "add-on" streaming service.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
is there like a comprehensive list of all day1 content?

-250hrs of NatGeo
-5000 episodes of Disney Channel/Disney Jr
-30 seasons of The Simpsons
-The Mandalorian
-Disney Signature Catalogue
-Disney/Touchstone/etc live action stuff
-One or both Star Wars trilogies?

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
will this have the Ghibli stuff Disney released or do they not have streaming rights for that anymore?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing price. I'm truly blown away. I would never have expected less than $10, and as the feature-set went along I was thinking more in the $15/month range.

This would have made DC Universe look embarrassing in comparison, but luckily they added/are adding their entire digital comics library, which competes more with Marvel Unlimited, a $10/month service, and has the benefit of also including the shows and movies.