• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would a Disney+ KH anime work?

• Yes

Votes: 213 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 319 49.5%
  • Gosh, Did somebody mention the Door to Darkness?

Votes: 192 29.8%

• Total voters

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
It would be good if they could explain it all with a better narrative than the games have. Also there are a lot that Disney+ is lacking.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Disney should make a harem anime where a normal high-school boy gets accepted into a girls only school where only disney princesses attend, and so wacky shenanigans, funny moments, serious high school drama and true love occurs.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Im guessing this would follow Aqua, Ventus, and Terra. Seems like they would be most open to going on adventures that dont have a plot set yet.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The funniest part of this is that even though WGTC kinda started this wave, they were still wrong somehow LMAO

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
www.kh13.com

RUMOR: Kingdom Hearts CG-animated series allegedly in the works at Disney+

Multiple individual journalists have been claiming to have inside information about a Kingdom Hearts animated series being in the works for Disney+, Disneys subscription video on-demand streaming service. While a Kingdom Hearts TV show has been rumored to be in production multiple times in the pa...

KH13 is reporting it now too

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Square is developing it? yeesh

Just finished She-ra and I'm picturing Noelle and everyone involved in that show helming a KH animated show. It would be absolutely incredible. They even share the same themes! Ugh, I wish they chose some other creative team. Hell, give it to someone at Disney's TV animation division.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Can't wait for this scene to be animated

d82.jpg

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
I'd love to see it happen, it's something that I've been wanting to see since KH1. Even a Sora cameo in Wreck it Ralph would have been nice...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The only anime I want on Disney+ is old Tokyo Disneyland commercials.

zeroshiki

Oct 26, 2017
The first 3 pages have some really spicy takes.
How fragile must your worldview be that an art style associated with a specific country would threaten your disney+ waifu.

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
Disney doesn't have good art style anymore, and plus, Kingdom Hearts is overrated doo-doo.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
if it's true, there's no way the writers don't know how stupid the story has gotten. The best thing they can do is make it into an actual comprehensible story.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Do they own those Marvel anime shows? The X-Men and The Wolverine show weren't that bad. Although never mind that they are violent Storm and Emma Frost do have huge tits in them would probably have to edit them.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The first 3 pages have some really spicy takes.
How fragile must your worldview be that an art style associated with a specific country would threaten your disney+ waifu.
This series brings out the insane hot takes here, from being told anyone who enjoys it never matured past middle school to quick drive by posts. If this does get made I think I might have to avoid the threads for my sanity.

if it's true, there's no way the writers don't know how stupid the story has gotten. The best thing they can do is make it into an actual comprehensible story.
Pretty sure they would just do the first game. But it's weird because if it is 3D then I don't really get the appeal of watching this when I can just, you know, play the game.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly KH's format for world traveling lends it self well to an episodic series

They should definitely look to the manga for ideas

zeroshiki

Oct 26, 2017
This series brings out the insane hot takes here, from being told anyone who enjoys it never matured past middle school to quick drive by posts. If this does get made I think I might have to avoid the threads for my sanity.

Pretty sure they would just do the first game. But it's weird because if it is 3D then I don't really get the appeal of watching this when I can just, you know, play the game.

I look forward to that one guy unsubbing because there's now anime on disney+

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
So apparently the pilot was made by Square using Unreal 4.

Does that mean one the two new KH teams Nomura mentioned is doing this? Big if true.

But I honestly don't want this thing to be made by Square. I'd rather it be done by Disney Animation, or just not directly by Nomura.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Personally the last thing I want is anime spread and locked into more platforms I have to pay for. I already have to pay for Netflix, Prime, Animelab and Crunchyroll.

If they make there own stuff then I guess that's fine.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I thought the rumor was squashed?

www.kh13.com

RUMOR: Kingdom Hearts CG-animated series allegedly in the works at Disney+

Multiple individual journalists have been claiming to have inside information about a Kingdom Hearts animated series being in the works for Disney+, Disneys subscription video on-demand streaming service. While a Kingdom Hearts TV show has been rumored to be in production multiple times in the pa...

KH13 is reporting it now too

I'm assuming KH13 is considered legit?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Well the whole reason Lucas setup Lucasfilm Singapore was to dip his toes in anime. Then Clone Wars came about from that. So take that for what you will.
That ignores the part where Dave Filoni did his own thing when it came to tone and direction. Resistance was the actual anime inspired SW series:
maxresdefault.jpg

Disney doesn't have good art style anymore, and plus, Kingdom Hearts is overrated doo-doo.
........It has not been that long since we got Frozen 2 and Toy Story 4.
Frozen25dc72f70e489c.jpg

1315529_toystory4onlineusep857_27ag_cs.sel16.3660_993708_crop.jpg

Now, a KH show is not gonna look as good as these. I'm just refuting the idea that Disney lost their touch when it came to art direction.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for Nomura's vision to be unleashed upon the masses.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I could see it work. Just throw 50% of the original writing into the shitter where it belongs.

It would probably be a fun ride!

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
That ignores the part where Dave Filoni did his own thing when it came to tone and direction. Resistance was the actual anime inspired SW series:
maxresdefault.jpg
Are you really going to argue that a person that worked on Avatar: The Last Airbender wasn't inspired by anime? Anime isn't just a tone or an art style, dude. Clone Wars, Rebels, and Resistance are all inspired by anime in some form or fashion. This is literally fact. In fact I could even argue that Resistance took the wrong lessons from anime while something like Avatar or Clone Wars took the right ones.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Do they own those Marvel anime shows? The X-Men and The Wolverine show weren't that bad. Although never mind that they are violent Storm and Emma Frost do have huge tits in them would probably have to edit them.
?????
They have the same tv rating as The Mandalorian, besides i think Sony actually owns these Anime series.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Are you really going to argue that a person that worked on Avatar: The Last Airbender wasn't inspired by anime? Anime isn't just a tone or an art style, dude. Clone Wars, Rebels, and Resistance are all inspired by anime in some form or fashion. This is literally fact.
If anything Clone Wars and Rebels stick out as modern animation that has no apparent anime influences. Dave even said the following when Resistance was announced:

There's a long history of high-speed racing in Star Wars, and I think we've captured that sense of excitement in an anime-inspired style, which is something the entire team has been wanting to do for a long time.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
If anything Clone Wars and Rebels stick out as modern animation that has no apparent anime influences. Dave even said the following when Resistance was announced:
IF you're talking about soley visuals, sure. That's what the quote was talking about.

But in terms of production, the way the projects are taken seriously, the long-running story and characters arcs are all signature elements of what makes anime a huge deal. Clone Wars was produced like it was a super high budget anime project for all intents and purposes. The only thing that doesn't make it an anime is that it isn't a Japanese product.