• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would a Disney+ KH anime work?

• Yes

Votes: 213 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 319 49.5%
  • Gosh, Did somebody mention the Door to Darkness?

Votes: 192 29.8%

• Total voters

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I'd prefer they put their money and resources elsewhere. I'm not really interested in Anime.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whether they own it or if the properties were licensed out makes a huge difference.
I'm sure they own some of it, like Marvel's Future Avengers.

Disk Wars might be different since it had a toyline.

The Madhouse productions might be theirs too. But they could be waiting to launch the service on other regions that are used to Japanese content.

A Star Wars anime, I wouldn't be interested, but it'd be a great movie to engage directly one of the few overseas territories where the brand is still relevant which chances of growing. (Also France)

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I know it very well mate. But you name the last Disney Classic that featured Mr Spiky Hair Clown Shoes.

Read between dem lines between your bafflement.
It's almost like the point of the franchise is original characters travelling through classic Disney movies.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, Star Wars anime instead.
The more I think about it, the more I believe the Star Wars anime idea is amazing, Disney+ or not.

It's one of the few ideas, that even if nostalgia-ridden and continuity-constrained, targets directly international and younger audiences, one of the giant blind holes for that franchise.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really thing D+ needs anime.

Also last option shouldn't be Gosh, but Gwarsh, and a hyuck at the end. This is a Disney thread after all!

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be down for some Disney anime. Definitely curious to see what they would do with it.

Also, lol at people on their high horses just because they don't watch anime.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
KH anime, from a business perspective, doesn't give Disney an edge since I doubt KH is a merchandising juggernaut, and the properties it crosses over are more popular than itself. (Unless it starts crossing with older / less known properties, as a gateway to the content in the platform itself?)

But I'd love to see the 365/2 Days manga in anime form :D

Matarick

Nov 11, 2017
I want a Lucky Star Wars special featuring Konata and the gang nerding out over the Star Wars franchise.
Lucky Chanel featuring Samuel L. Jackson would be epic.

But seriously, have Disk Wars and the Japanese Lilo and Stitch be on the service. Also have Toei Spider-Man too and finance a new show.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I predict that Disney is going to be using Hulu as its hub for anime. The streaming service already has a market in Japan.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lacks anime?
MV5BYTYxNGMyZTYtMjE3MS00MzNjLWFjNmYtMDk3N2FmM2JiM2M1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY5NDU4NzI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,673,1000_AL_.jpg

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Sora visits Kylo Ren and learns how be a Sith. Returns to his Universe to kill Mickey.

Plot of KH4 btw, in case you're wondering.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
there are so many random unexplored elements in Kingdom Hearts they could pull off a spin-off. A straight adaptation would be kinda pointless.

What's more of an issue is how they'd handle the actual Disney properties. Would they animate them in the styles of the original cartoons, or anime 'em up?

But yeah I'd be all for an anime studio taking a crack at Star Wars or Marvel or like... The Muppets. Give me a Muppet show anime that's basically a slightly family friendlier Aggretsuko.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No anime.

But a cartoon by some genuinely talented showrunners at Disney would be appreciated. Cut the nonsense by making it a complete AU to the games.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
I'm good, the stories in those games are some of the worst in my opinion. KH3 would hurt my head when I had to listen to it for a while.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They had Ghibli's entire catalog and dropped it due to low profit margins so...I don't have much faith in them doing a well produced Anime program. Maybe they'll do a KH series if it out performed Disney Infinity by a wide margin.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Make it canonical and make it essential to following the plot of the game. Also make every episode chronologically out of order and introduce more characters. Potentially have something the games set up be the big climax and then never mention it in the games again.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if some of their older 80's shows were animated in Japan like Transformers and GI Joe?

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The worst part of Kingdom Hearts is getting through the slog of an insane plot to get to the fun Disney stuff.

They already have the fun Disney stuff, no insane plot needed.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
lol

Anime is no competition to Disney

Yeah I'm sure they think like this

"You know there's a pretty big market for Japanese animation"
"Lmao let's never ever exploit it, let Netflix have all of it"
"Yeah for sure lol"

I can't believe you would think that I'm suggesting that Anime as an entire collection of media is somehow competing with Disney, yet here you are.

Eriol

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile