• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Could barely stand all 8 episodes of the actual show. Not sure how interested I am in an 8 part docuseries about it unless they're really short. Disney getting really desperate for content. And sadly its only going to get worse.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The Lord of the Rings extended editions came with making of features that were longer than the movies when combined, and I watched every one of them.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Look, I know dozens of you don't care much for BTS documentaries and such

But man, you guys are such killjoys. Its unbelievable ._.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Should be fun.

But now I'm sad because now I remembered that Season 2 has probably been pushed back an entire year.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is from the article in the OP:
Each chapter explores a different facet of the first live-action Star Wars television show through interviews, never-before-seen footage, and roundtable conversations hosted by Favreau himself.

Topics this season include the filmmaking process, the legacy of George Lucas's Star Wars, how the cast brought the characters to life, the series' groundbreaking technology, the artistry behind the show's practical models, effects, and creatures, plus the creative influences, the iconic score, and connections to Star Wars characters and props from across the galaxy.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Been dying for something like this. So awesome. I want every single detail possible on the volume.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Are all the series episodes even up yet in the UK? Pathetic they staggered the release. I just want them all ready to watch in one go, finally, this about half a year late.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Folks do realize that these are likely not full length episodes? They are probably half hour to twenty something minutes at best. Just cause they said 8 eps doesn't really tell us anything about run time

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Dinner for five was one of my favorite shows when it was on in the pre-podcast era. Glad to see this is kind of a spiritual successor.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd much rather a behind the scenes be overly long and drawn out than those short clips they throw on DVDs.
Seeing movie magic is as good as the product itself

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
Loved this show. I'll probably watch this. What are the odds of the first season coming to blu ray? I don't see it anytime soon. I'm sure its a platform seller. If they just sold it nobody would subscribe.

Jul 4, 2018
Avatar: The Last Airbender getting a shout out is great, I fucking live that show. Dave says Anime weird though.

Edit: an even better acknowledgement they talked about 2003 Clone Wars. Put it on Disney+ you cowards!

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
People rag on the amount of content available on Disney+, but I really like this sort of behind the scenes stuff and think this is something that's been really lacking from video streaming services thus far. This, alongside bringing back commentary tracks and other DVD special features give Disney+ the edge for me honestly.

I watched the first episode and it's really interesting stuff. I had no idea Bryce Dallas Howard directed an episode.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This was really fluffy but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Will definitely be watching weekly.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
That was so good! I kind of wish it was longer, it would have been fun to spend more time with the directors, though I'm sure they'll still be around in the coming episodes.

Can't remotely understand people complaining about this. 'Most' big releases have special features out the wazoo that total longer than the films themselves, Star Wars releases especially. There's also been a total dearth of behind the scenes TV series (and bonus features in general) since streaming took over. Who shat in your milk?

Therion

Oct 25, 2017
It didn't bother me at all that Mando and TCW episodes were released weekly, but for some reason I really wish that I could binge all of these at once.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the first episode; it's worth it for Filoni and Howard's wild George Lucas backstories alone, and Taika is a fucking legend, as always.

Biggest surprise: that one very specific prop in the finale was a practical effect!

That glowing Darksaber, man...

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Loved the first episode; it's worth it for Filoni and Howard's wild George Lucas backstories alone, and Taika is a fucking legend, as always.

Biggest surprise: that one very specific prop in the finale was a practical effect!

That glowing Darksaber, man...
I thought that was pretty obvious that was a practical effect.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Ep 2 definitely felt like more of a filler puff piece. Also Favreau interrupting and talking over people was a bit annoying.

The Filoni speech at the end was awesome though.

Last edited:

Therion

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at Dave Filoni at the end of Episode 2 - this is the man we need running all of Star Wars.
My thoughts exactly. I've always appreciated Filoni's work and have been eager see more of it, but after hearing him in this episode I really hope that he will play a big role in the future of Star Wars.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Jesus, they're pushing this hard. Who would have thought one memeworthy character and half a season of semi-competent storytelling would lead to all of this?

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does the doc talk about the use of unreal engine
Maybe if they do an episode on special effects. The first is about directors, and the second producers.

I always get a kick out of seeing Giancarlo Esposito just talking a a real person. Every role I've ever seen him do is stoic bad guy, so seeing him smile and just talk like a regular guy is so weird.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I'm ready for them to get into how the show was made at this point from early planning to development of the special effects. So far it's just talking about the philosophy behind making something with the Star Wars IP.