• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man this sounds great. I don't suppose there's a UK date lurking around anywhere, is there?

Also does it have profiles which can lock content to kids only stuff?

Dobbie078

Oct 28, 2017
Really? Nice! I was gonna buy my in laws an apple 4k tv because they have an LG and they babysit my kids knowing this just saved me money

It's really bad right now though, the app is low res and there is a strange border outline on the bottom and right side of the app which is also visible while playing something.
It also does not auto detect HDR or Dolby Vision so it does not change the output.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a huge Disney or Marvel fan, but this looks pretty good, time to stop Videoland and sub to this.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT X-MEN CARTOON???!!!

As if my 3 year plan wasn't already justified. Sheesh.

Deleted member 3294

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Btw, most but not all of the Disney animated canon is on there. Most of the ones that are missing are ones that are on Netflix over here, so it's likely that any missing will be added once licenses expire.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I subscribe to Disney life in the UK it's pretty great but not nearly as much as this

Will be interesting to see if they keep it seperate or port folk over to it

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
man.. we still dont have any idea when its gonna launch in the rest of europe do we?
I'm subbing day1 just for Gargoyles.

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious, is any of the Disney anime co-productions (Stitch!, Avengers Disk Wars, Future Avengers, etc.) up on here? Been trying to get an answer but have heard anyone mention.

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
I subscribe to Disney life in the UK it's pretty great but not nearly as much as this

Will be interesting to see if they keep it seperate or port folk over to it
This Wired article about the non-existent UK release date (tldr: it's all Sky's fault) mentions that DisneyLife hasn't done particularly well over here with only roughly 100,000 subscriptions so my guess is either they will fold Life subscriptions into Plus or just shut down Life and ask people to use the new service.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Is The Rocketeer on it, and is it in 4k.
Actually are there any 4k movies that are not Star Wars and live action Disney?

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe, or they're including the available dubs to be complete, our DVD has a few of them as well.
Yeah, but those DVD's include all those dubs because they are the same disks around a lot of EU territories.

(And don't dash my hopes on a swift arrival. I want to be able to see The Mandelorian asap, lol. I've heard Belgium would be part of an early 2020 outroll by the way)

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Tried signing up, but it seems to have a problem sending out an e-mail with a code for when you log in for the first time. Hope it'll get to work later today.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Last edited:

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
That is just an excuse, they can out it up day one with the exclusive stuff
I can see that but if they've had issues getting sign ups for DisneyLife, I'd imagine they want as much available as they can with their initial marketing push, rather than having to leave stuff like MCU, Star Wars and the new Disney films like Lion King and Aladdin out.

I'm hoping that we might see the exclusives appear on DisneyLife in the meantime as they possibly won't be tied into any existing contracts and it would help curb the piracy that will undoubtedly happen if there's no other way to get them. But the pessimist in me reckons they'll first appear on Sky Cinema Disney until the contract expires.

Edit: ignore that last paragraph, just re-read the article and saw the UK Mandelorian trailer has a 2020 date on it, so they're waiting for the platforms UK launch. Madness.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can you take a pic please?
knipsel1edk8g.png

knipsel2qfkll.png

knipsel3acjq6.png

knipsel4ylkgz.png

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone confirm for me what Muppets content will be on this? My daughter has a new found love of the muppets and well I need to fuel this as hard as possible.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
They need to open up early subscription purchases outside of the US.i want that special price Americans got

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Fun fact: This is the first time A Wrinkle in Time has been available legally in The Netherlands, as both its cinema release and digital/physical release got cancelled.