• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I always thought the people who focused on Marvel Studios getting the rights to Fantastic Four and X-Men were trying to look at the positive of a business deal they could never have done anything about.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy this has happened. Never thought I'd see the day where X-Men movies are back at Marvel. Though, we've kinda been here before with Spider-Man which was equally insane.

Wonder how this will impact their parks business too. Alien ride now?

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
Crazy this has happened. Never thought I'd see the day where X-Men movies are back at Marvel. Though, we've kinda been here before with Spider-Man which was equally insane.

Wonder how this will impact their parks business too. Alien ride now?
To be fair, Spider-Man is only a loan. Marvel can now plan for the next 10 years without worry of having the X-Men rights taken back by someone else.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
There won't be X-Men and Fantastic Four stuff for a while but I'd like to think we'll get some casting info next year.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone expects that. At best, we could get a post-credits scene teasing the idea of mutants. But I don't expect anything along the lines of Xavier popping up.

Yeah. Filming a short pickup scene between the premiere and the release date with actors you already have cast and on contract is one thing.

Hiring entirely new actors, writing and filming a scene in a month is incredibly unlikely. Even if the script is already written, the casting process alone takes longer than that.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Every one thinking about the Marvel stuff ending back with Marel and here I am, hoping we can now finally get a good remaster of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I always thought the people who focused on Marvel Studios getting the rights to Fantastic Four and X-Men were trying to look at the positive of a business deal they could never have done anything about.

Every time you enjoy a Marvel movie the corpse of Walt Disney gets stronger until one day he rises again like Lenin did on the Simpsons...

tenor.gif

...just in reverse.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Filming a short pickup scene between the premiere and the release date with actors you already have cast and on contract is one thing.

Hiring entirely new actors, writing and filming a scene in a month is incredibly unlikely. Even if the script is already written, the casting process alone takes longer than that.

They pulled it off with Thanos in the first avengers movie. They could conceivably show someone in a doom mask and just recast the actor when its time for a proper film.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
All I want for the final after credits scene in Endgame, is that we see a remodeled Stark Tower, and a couple of workers complaining about having to haul so much heavy machinery into the Baxter Building.

That would be absolute perfection.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They pulled it off with Thanos in the first avengers movie. They could conceivably show someone in a doom mask and just recast the actor when its time for a proper film.

They could, but they won't start with Doom. The Fantastic Four movies have been so universally reviled for such a long time that they're not going to rush into doing that.

Besides, "Doom is a thing now" isn't the kind of stinger you would use for a new generation of Marvel movies. You need to talk about the fact that mutants are a thing because they actually change the entire world's status quo.

Oct 28, 2017
They could, but they won't start with Doom. The Fantastic Four movies have been so universally reviled for such a long time that they're not going to rush into doing that.

Besides, "Doom is a thing now" isn't the kind of stinger you would use for a new generation of Marvel movies. You need to talk about the fact that mutants are a thing because they actually change the entire world's status quo.

Two counterpoints:

1. X-men are big enough that you don't need to tease them. Doom would benefit from a teaser.

2. Doom tease can use a nameless actor and no script if need be. It just needs some props. X-men needs more.

Personally, I think these are so off they won't tease them. I'd tease Eternals since even casual comic fans have no idea wtf that is.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

I honestly believe FF might be the first new major thing they'll work on. People are just hoping for Marvel Studios to finally take it back so I feel like it's the one they need to start with.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Two counterpoints:

1. X-men are big enough that you don't need to tease them. Doom would benefit from a teaser.

2. Doom tease can use a nameless actor and no script if need be. It just needs some props. X-men needs more.

Personally, I think these are so off they won't tease them. I'd tease Eternals since even casual comic fans have no idea wtf that is.

You need to explain that mutants are a part of the world now. Just showing some guy in a mask who was probably already active on Earth before Thanos even showed up isn't the kind of sea-change moment the universe needs to hammer home. When mutants become a thing, the entire world will be turned on its head. Doom is just one guy.

But yeah, I agree with you, Eternals will probably be the tease because that movie is already in the works.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Status
Not open for further replies.