• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
But can she swim?

Jk glad they're casting a singer.
bro how did i miss this post

what the fuck LMAO

giphy.gif

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I too read the title as Halle Berry and despite my puzzlement I was into it lol.

But either way, Rob Marshall is a big no-no for me.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Holy fuck I use to watch alot of her and her sister's covers on youtube! Had no idea she was getting that big. Congrats to her!

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Pleasantly surprised.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Can't wait for the meltdowns. I would have liked Zendaya, but I'll give this new actress a shot. Rob Marshall is a red flag for me, though. Not a fan of Mary Poppins Returns.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Boy I sure hope this girl isn't on Twitter, she doesn't deserve what's gonna be coming her way.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Dont know anything about the little mermaid but make the love interest an asian guy 😁 wanna see the reactions lmao

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Thank God it's a singer. I still have no faith in the project, though. All classic Disney remakes have been shit with Jungle Book being the sole exception; and that one was just alright.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
I love it, but this is going to rustle some jimmies for sure.

Can't wait for the film, so far all of the live action remakes have been great

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I was pulling for Zendaya but this is fine too and I also read this as Halle Berry the first time I read it.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
She's great in grown-ish. Glad Disney is giving her a larger opportunity/role with this casting.

Jul 18, 2018
I'm glad this will be a live-action movie rather than animated. I was surprised Aladdin remake was well received, gives me hopes for this one!

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Movies probably gonna suck anyway tbh. Rob Marshall making another cash grab live action.

At least Mulan/Little Mermaid are about as far as Disney goes right? Right?.. naw

Oct 27, 2017
I went through multiple phases of

1) Wait what? HALLE BERRY? — Ohhhh ok, Halley Bailey.
2) Wait what? wasn't there already a live action little mermaid? — Oh wait, that was a Netflix thing.
3) Her being black and meeting some guy on the surface and being from "two different worlds" is a recipe for some real unfortunate unintended implications. Hopefully the writing is managed well.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'm an old because my first thought is I didn't know who this was.

My second thought was there were gonna be meltdowns, and they would be glorious to watch.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at this choice, I think they were probably looking in Zendaya's direction but she didn't want the part (Euphoria seems to be her explicitly trying to position herself as not part of the Disney machine anymore, so she may not have wanted to jump right back into it by playing a Disney Princess).

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I had to check if that was one of the twins from Grown-ish. Good for her. If Beyonce believes in her she definitely has the chops to lead a Disney musical