• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

At a news conference on Tuesday, Disney officials provided an update on the status of reopening of several of the company's theme parks in the U.S. -- and urged California officials to allow visitors to safely return to Disneyland and California Adventure.

The online event included representatives from Anaheim's Disneyland Resort, Florida's Epcot Center, Walt Disney World hotels, and Disney's Animal Kingdom, as well as Josh D'Amaro, chairman of Disney parks, experiences and products.

"We are ready to open, and we are hoping we will have guidance from the state soon," said Patrick Finnegan, vice president of Disney California Adventure and Downtown Disney district.

Executives insist the parks are ready with a theme park reservation model -- one that is already in use at the Walt Disney World Resort -- to maintain capacity limits. Other safety measure include:

-- Temperature checks of guests upon arrival,
-- A mandatory face-covering policy,
-- Increased cleaning and sanitation,
-- Contactless payment systems,
-- Signs promoting physical distancing,
-- Plexiglass shields, and
-- Hand-washing and sanitizing stations.

"With the right guidelines and our years of operations experience," D'Amaro said, "I'm confident that we can restart, get people back to work. As you can see from this discussion today. We're ready. And more importantly, it's time."

More here

Keep the parks closed if old.

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
Lmao between this & the cruise ship goons throwing a temper tantrum I am fucking loving these tax evading capitalist pigs eating nothing but pure shit while having absolutely no dignity.

Fuck em all.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mickey needs to shut his ass mouth up.

It is weird that this video feels more like how mickey would act due to disney after covid hit:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Didn't the Florida park open?

By the looks of the videos from customers on YouTube , it didn't seem like a issue, people were wearing masks and social distancing was implemented but still I know...

how are the numbers in Florida in terms of infections? Almost don't hear anything from about that place nowadays

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
Is there any data attempting to count infections that trace to Disney World visits since they reopened?

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I could understand if Disneyland was some regional park that doesn't attract people from all over the world, let alone the country, but... it's not. Walt Disney World shouldn't be open yet either, but DeSantis.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017

By the looks of the videos from customers on YouTube , it didn't seem like a issue, people were wearing masks and social distancing was implemented but still I know...

how are the numbers in Florida in terms of infections? Almost don't hear anything from about that place nowadays
I actually went to Magic Kingdom today. It felt extremely safe, and everyone was following the pretty strict rules, other than a couple of dopes wearing their masks wrong. But everyone respected distancing, they had hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE, and the queues were clearly marked with Stand Here lines - even the quick service food and drink. It was kinda crazy how smooth it operated

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

About a third of what they were at their peak, but still pushing between 2-3k every day.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
aD10G0N_460s.jpg

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
As much as I think now certainly is not the time for this kind of consideration (round two around the corner and all the "cooler" states will head there for warmth), I have to say we (the world) will have to start settling into the new normal. All of those things Disney wants to do should be the name of the game for the next five years, at least (maybe not the masks, we'll see how the vaccines take and work).

Edit: To be clear - they should NOT be trying to open now at all. It's a dumb and dangerous idea.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
"The wheels of capitalism need to be greased with more blood." -Walt Disney (probably)

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's time, there are much more dangerous and equally unnecessary things open in California, and the weird pent-up demand from APs is making Downtown Disney weirdly crowded, which makes it likely that opening the parks, where Disney can do a lot more to control numbers and whatnot might be safer now than keeping them closed.
Is there any data attempting to count infections that trace to Disney World visits since they reopened?
Orange County (FL) has said there has been no significant correlation between any of the theme parks and coronavirus infection events.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco

Article's a month old now, but no cases had been linked to WDW during the initial 6 weeks of reopening
mickeyblog.com

No COVID-19 Outbreaks Linked to Walt Disney World, Cases in Area on the Decline

The head doctor for the Orange County Health Department reports no COVID-19 outbreaks have been tied to Walt Disney World

It seems Disney World is handling this well; I was personally expecting far more dire results. This is of course assuming the numbers are accurate, which it being Florida, who knows

It should be noted Disneyland is essentially a separately run company, so it remains to be seen whether they would be as diligent, and whether those actions would have the same impact on what's more of a local's market

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
As a note, DisneyWorld is way bigger than DisneyLand, so harder to social distance.

WDW is a great beta test, they seem to be doing well there. However, different animal.

Invictus

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe put some pressure on that asshole president to do the bare minimum and get this shit under control so most places can open at least partially so y'all can start making money and people can get their jobs back.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Disney exec: "It's time"
Arrested Development narrator: "It wasn't, but he figured he could deal with that later."

Jom

Oct 25, 2017

Well Florida was pretty notorious for their fuckery with the numbers first of all.

There are multiple reports of a lack of contact tracing in Florida.

There's also the Daily Beast report that Disney was hiding people who tested positive for covid unless they were union employees.

So...

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
The company that wants you to risk your life to give them money. I am surprised they are OK with Marvel delaying movie releases if they're begging officials to help open parks.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Translation: "Our shareholder value is dropping. We need to open. Please think of the shareholders!"

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
disneyland will face some challenges WDW dosent have, which mostly stems from space... the park layout/walkways/dining/shopping in florida are much larger with traffic divided among a collection of resorts or shopping districts. for the disneyland resort to work as well your going to need tighter controls over crowd limits, how traffic flows in the park and how shopping/dining options are situated.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Well Florida was pretty notorious for their fuckery with the numbers first of all.

There are multiple reports of a lack of contact tracing in Florida.

There's also the Daily Beast report that Disney was hiding people who tested positive for covid unless they were union employees.

So...
That report was about downtown Disney in California, Disney World is a separate company from Disneyland

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
From the same company that's hiding positive COVID results on the set of Falcon and Winter Soldier.

Not surprised.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's worth noting that Disneyland is tiny compared to Disney World. Social distancing would be more difficult.