• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Not sure how Bond would fit in regards to being used at the parks tho.

theplaylist.net

Disney CEO Bob Iger Teases That The James Bond Franchise Is Something He Wouldn't Mind Buying

Despite always being a powerhouse studio, Disney has risen to incredible heights in recent years thanks to acquisitions such as Lucasfilm, Marvel, Fox, and Pixar. And while the studio has more money than it probably knows what to do with, it would appear that CEO Bob Iger isn’t on the hunt for...

Despite always being a powerhouse studio, Disney has risen to incredible heights in recent years thanks to acquisitions such as Lucasfilm, Marvel, Fox, and Pixar. And while the studio has more money than it probably knows what to do with, it would appear that CEO Bob Iger isn't on the hunt for another purchase. But if he was, he does have one franchise in mind.

Speaking to Time, after being named Businessperson of the Year, Bob Iger was asked if Disney had any plans on another big purchase in the near future. 2019 is probably going to go down as the year that the Mouse House finalized its deal to buy Fox, which led to the successful launch of Disney+ and the studio's streaming future. But if Iger had his way, the next purchase wouldn't be a rival studio. Instead, it's a franchise that he likes quite a bit — James Bond.

"We're not looking to buy anything right now," he said. "But I've always been a huge James Bond fan."

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Can we get a president in office who's not keen on allowing American corporations to devour every single brand and become omnicorps? That'd be great, thank you.

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The broccolis are woeful with Bond but Disney owning another, not a good thing. I could see them selling out to someone though.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
That strikes me as more of a joke and I don't quite know what Disney would even do with Bond anyway, because it doesn't quite hold the same cross-audience appeal as Marvel, Star Wars, etc. That said, while I wouldn't really want Disney to be the one to buy it, I'd be fine with almost anybody buying the franchise off from Broccoli and Wilson.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
My instinct is to say "nightmare future" or something but we're already knee-deep in the nightmare, lol. Even the suggestion of Disney buying up something else is enough to get me frustrated

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Full quote.

When asked which IP he would buy if in some fantasy world he could: Harry Potter, Gandalf or James Bond, Iger smiles. "We're not looking to buy anything right now," he says. "But I've always been a huge James Bond fan."
Its not that serious.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, let's have them release yearly remakes of every movie while they're at at, on top of the yearly new ones

Oct 27, 2017
The names America. Captain America. License to never kill. I'm a double O agent in that I'm 100% American. 001 is my code name. That's 100 backwards, because I'm pretending to be a bad guy. They'll never suspect me.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
No thanks Bob, stop your spending spree please, instead buy Spider-Man back from Sony, that's something I wouldn't object to, but Disney will soon own a whole country at this rate!