• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? I disagree. So long as you keep a good quality, people will continue to go see these movies no matter how close together they released. I liked Rogue One and Solo but neither were movies I heard people clamoring for.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
It's incredible that the market got saturated by 1 Star Wars movie per year but can handle at least 3 Marvel movies per year.

Maybe the problem wasn't the amount of stuff, but the fact that none of it really branched out enough from what was already there.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might've

Also, what does Fox have to do with this? Disney has already saturated the market before the merger was completed

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone and their mom knew dropping Solo just five months after TLJ was a disaster waiting to happen but noooooo, Disney just had to have their damn Star Wars in May.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I
It's incredible that the market got saturated by 1 Star Wars movie per year but can handle at least 3 Marvel movies per year.

Maybe the problem wasn't the amount of stuff, but the fact that none of it really branched out enough from what was already there.
Its cause marvel can be sci fi, fantasy, comedy, horror, action, etc. Star wars just wants to be heavily based off a trilogy of movies from 40 years ago.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

^ I agree with this.

I get it's gonna be hard to break the "War" aspect of Star Wars, but too many of the movies essentially "play" almost the exact same way.
In-universe stuff would be great; I honestly think the series needs to tread new ground, I mean c'mon, it's the final frontier out there and they're doing Death Star 2 Electric Boogaloo.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Solo was a stupid concept and a bad movie that nobody wanted or asked for. It's a shame that they are unwilling to admit this to themselves or the press, and would rather blame oversaturation of the market place.

Star Wars was doing just fine with a new movie every Christmas, and probably still would be if they picked better projects.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I for one am glad Obi-Wan became a series over a 1off movie.
Kinda wished that happened to Solo, I could see it working a lot better.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It has less to do with the quantity and more to do with the quality. Theres a reason he isnt saying that about the MCU.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No. There is plenty of room for more Star Wars. You made a mediocre movie that no one wanted. It featured imitation Han Solo. There is an entire galaxy to explore there.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Part of the problem was they completely misread the room with Solo - was anyone asking for that movie? Like, with all of the potentially interesting side stories in the Star Wars universe they could have focused on they chose that.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The problem wasn't too much Star Wars but rather too little growth in the SW universe. It's a massive universe and they chose to stick to telling stories so close to the existing films rather than exploring the far past or in a distant future different places with new characters.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
They even talked about Yoda and Boba Fett solo movies didn't they? Way too many movies imo. Plus they already planning a future trilogy, announced way too early
The new trilogy might be the best thing yet tho if they can create some interesting characters and story lines

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
Gimme new stuff. Less old stuff. They made four movies since the acquisition and two of them are about Death Stars.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
The problem is this "great creative universe" is amazingly small in scope....

Same 4 vistas, same characters. Same story formulas

Star Wars recycles so goddamn much which makes it boring as fuck

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The issue was bad or average movies. TFA did bonkers and revitalized the Star Wars name then Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie ever. TLJ jedi being a wet fart of a movie just killed the momentum and Solo was released at the wrong time, but wasn't actually a bad movie.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't help that The Last Jedi soured fans everywhere.

yes, this is a troll post

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
io72wgvf1f921.png

edit: beaten

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is plenty of exciting and original Star Wars content out there if you're willing to do something besides watch the films.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Nah, it has to do with them milking the OT with subpar movies that bring nothing to the table.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's a problem of making the universe seem so small and revolving every story around the OT.

It leads to everything feeling like a retread. I think most of them are well-made retreads, mind you, but regardless that formula gets old quickly.