• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I hope the same ( albeit it's like two) people who are constantly playing defense force for these Corporations (contractually obligated?) have their arguments ready when people start testing positive, getting sick, headlines such as "She went to Disney world to escape COVID and now she's dead" etc start to occur.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is so weird

They want to evoke safety by showing everyone wearing masks but all it tells me that this is the wrong time to go to an amusement park

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't doubt it. At Disney you can be terminated for taking a selfie in the break room, or reprimanded for wearing the wrong color socks. They are EXTREMELY strict.

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
Lmao at that highly production made video of all the employees wearing masks. No, that isn't going to make me come to the park. Even if it was free I wouldn't enter right now in that virus pit.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Humans were a mistake.
Who in the hell is going to visit a theme park right now, while waiting in a packed line, with no one wearing masks or giving a single fuck.

I seriously DO NOT UNDERSTAND how any adult human can conclude that this is ok. I feel like I belong on another planet at this point. If the US survives COVID, it will be inspite of the dumb fuck idiots like this.

(my parents and siblings are Fox junkies, super Christian Republicans. Parents are nearly 70 with health issues including cancer, and they all think this COVID thing is just no big deal. Out "living their lives!!!" As they say to me. I get the feeling they feel like their need to live a normal life supercedes that of the risk. My dad WANTS TO GET IT, because then he can "get it and be done with it". COVID will kill him if he gets it. How does he not comprehend this. What the fuck is going on in this country!!!!)

/rant off sorry - I needed to vent .

Don't be sorry. These are trying times, and people are showing their lack of maturity, and it has to build up to a pressure point.

It's really good you shared your frustrations so that you could open that pressure valve and release some of the pain.

I hope things work out well for you. Late.

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
But...but..b...but they are wearing masks! /s

Sure the mask helps but if you are that close you are asking for it.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be happy to defend Disney here. If people bother to read the piece and not jump to post "FUCK DISNEY" for every WDW thread, nobody was terminated for leaking or posting pics of overcrowding. Employees were reprimanded/fired for violating restrictions put in place.

I understand it's not a popular decision, but Disney World must open. Despite the company's wealth, it is simply impossible to sustain a metro sized 77k employee park with zero revenue until COVID is under control. Which would realistically be when? A year from now? Even with heavy federal subsidies it simply would not last. In addition to zero box office revenues or ESPN business, WDW alone operated under an obscene per day revenue stream that has simply vanished.

They don't care about you.

The fact that you're more worried about how Disney will sustain their park until COVID is under control over the lives of attendees and workers is pretty gross.

Disney absolutely must NOT open. The fuck?

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
But they aren't.....

They actually report news and more often of the time they are right versus most other Disney Vloggers/News Sites...

Yes, Tom posts rumors that don't come true, but more often than not him and his team are usually amongst the first to report breaking news accurately.

People don't like Tom because he isn't "Pollyanna" but he does a lot better without clickbait unlike DSNY Newscast or DFB.
Disney has straight up fired cast members for retweeting and sharing his content.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I hope the same ( albeit it's like two) people who are constantly playing defense force for these Corporations (contractually obligated?) have their arguments ready when people start testing positive, getting sick, headlines such as "She went to Disney world to escape COVID and now she's dead" etc start to occur.
Lmao if you think I have any sort of contractually obligation. I simply point about that a viral photo is not a realistic example of what the parks are like. Posters are talking about how dining rooms must be packed and lines must be a train wreck when in reality restaurants are nearly empty and queue lines are walk ons.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What's weird about adults who enjoy theme parks? It's fun to go on rollercoasters and have a nice drink or two and enjoy the weather.
Maybe you misunderstood their criticism then. They were specifically talking about boot licking/being a corporate apologist for a multi billion dollar entertainment company. This has nothing to do with people just liking theme parks.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe you misunderstood their criticism then. They were specifically talking about boot licking/being a corporate apologist for a multi billion dollar entertainment company. This has nothing to do with people just liking theme parks.
That's understandable. I thought the criticism was directed for those who like Theme Parks in general.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Imagine thinking Disney opening their parks is anything even remotely good, especially in states where COVID numbers are climbing.

This is all about money and has absolutely zero to do with the protection of employees or customers alike. Seriously gross shit.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I'll be happy to defend Disney here. If people bother to read the piece and not jump to post "FUCK DISNEY" for every WDW thread, nobody was terminated for leaking or posting pics of overcrowding. Employees were reprimanded/fired for violating restrictions put in place.

I understand it's not a popular decision, but Disney World must open. Despite the company's wealth, it is simply impossible to sustain a metro sized 77k employee park with zero revenue until COVID is under control. Which would realistically be when? A year from now? Even with heavy federal subsidies it simply would not last. In addition to zero box office revenues or ESPN business, WDW alone operated under an obscene per day revenue stream that has simply vanished.
tenor.gif

Mickey Mouse out here sporting the cleanest boots on the planet

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
"In defense of human sacrifice"

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been to Disney World a fucking lot and It just feels like bizarro world out there with the people thinking it's fine for WDW to open in Florida right now and to open.

To put it in visual terms:

yIDkouv.png

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
User Banned (7 days): Hostility

What if I told you Disney doesn't have to exist? Giant companies go out of business all the time, and that really sucks for their employees. But we never look at the companies going under and say "How many people do we need to kill to keep this company going?"

You made an argument against capitalism but somehow wound up at "The economy demands blood so here's a knife and a bowl."

Bootlicking, deathmongering fuck.

TiC

Banned
Jul 12, 2019

Disney absolutely could pay all those workers while things are shut down. You vastly underestimate how wealthy they are.

Disney is evil, like any big corporation. If they really cared, the bigwigs in charge would reach into their own pockets to help out the little people on the frontlines, who shouldn't even be on the frontlines during a pandemic.

Last edited:

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
liking something and being an adult obsessive who cultivates a lifestyle around scheduling their years visiting theme parks are two different things.
Eh, there's no harm in making a regular trip to the theme parks yearly. There's people who would request work off for E3 and I'd equate that to be the same level of fandom.

Obviously if your booking a vacation now that is pretty dumb and you're better off saving your money for when operations return to normal. As someone who has a degree in theme park management, I have high respect for the craftsmanship and manpower it takes to run one.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
Just saying, judging people based on what they like is dumb.

That's not what's happening in this thread, did you mean to post this in another thread maybe? People are judging the park attendees cause Florida is among the most dangerous regions in the world right now and people who 'need' to ride some rides 'right now' are arguing "Nah it's fine"

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
That's not what's happening in this thread, did you mean to post this in another thread maybe? People are judging the park attendees cause Florida is among the most dangerous regions in the world right now and people who 'need' to ride some rides 'right now' are arguing "Nah it's fine"
There's some people in here judging for enjoying theme parks in general. I totally get not supporting Disney being open but there's others acting like people who go to Disney yearly are weird.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
Good.

there needs to be consequences. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come once they reopen and idiots decide the rules don't apply to them.
You understand it's the hourly employee being punished right

edit; misread the OP, sorry for attacking. I still think firing people over this is bad

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
You understand it's the hourly employee being punished right

edit; misread the OP, sorry for attacking. I still think firing people over this is bad
They should've never had that situation happen since the park yshould be closed for safety reasons anyway, but, as I am largely ignorant of the American unemployment system, would the park being closed not lead to a very similar monetary situation for the fired employees?