• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So much for that Suicide Squad movie. Lol, the DCEU just can't catch a break.

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
This was extraordinary really smart of Disney. it almost makes up for the extraordinary idiotic move of firing him in the first place

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
What? No. If anything, we would have probably had it in 2022 if Marvel had to find a new director. James Gunn will film SS2 this Fall, and could start up production on GotG3 next year already to be ready in 2021, latest 2022.

I agree with this. Marvel turns films around quickly. He'll jump directly into Guardians 3 next spring/summer and then double Gunn comic films in summer 2021.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
This is so great. Just when I wasn't feeling so good about Marvel movies this past week, they bring out the Endgame trailer and now this news.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of figured this would happen. The whole thing has blown over and now he is brought back with relatively minimal fanfare.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
If the article is true and they never looked for another director then they basically told him to keep his head down and not fuck up again, and they're rehire him

He definitely needs to stay the fuck off of Twitter too

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Disney saw that alt-right trolls didn't put a dent into Captain Marvel's box office. Why would they be able to stop GotG Vol3.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this is incredible.

Def gonna be a delay on it since he's waiting until Suicide Squad but still this is fantastic.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
YES! Now please I want to see those alt-right fuckers get mad! He shouldn't have been fired in the first place.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disney: "We are happy to give you a second chance.......but we are a little concerned SS2 may turn out great......."

Gunn: "Say no more, fam"

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
"They did this to spite me! Also watch my movie"

giphy.gif

Alternatively:

YFcfydr.gif

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I'm glad to hear he's back. Firing him only to bring him back half a year later makes me think they had a lot of trouble finding a replacement and they were running up against a deadline for all of phase 4 to work and needed to get this movie going.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
WHAAAAAAT

There's no way this wasn't the result of severe backstage politics. Maybe some of the cast threatened to drop out of the film if he wasn't brought back in board

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
If the article is true and they never looked for another director then they basically told him to keep his head down and not fuck up again, and they're rehire him

He definitely needs to stay the fuck off of Twitter too

So who fired him?

If Feige pulled strings to fix this, it was someone high up at Disney?

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
We need to collectively group together and tell these alt right cunts to just fuck off already. Today has been a fucking shit day because of these fucking pathetic depressed little sad white fucks. Enough. Nice to see Disney going back in this silly decision. I hope big companies think long and hard and do a little digging the next time the alt right tries to disassemble something the rest of us love.

Fuck them.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My guess? No other director wanted to touch GotG 3 after how Gunn was treated. Disney's hand was forced.

Someone unban Zatt.
I'm pretty sure some director out there would have taken it but probably none that are up to par with the previous two films and I'm sure Feige probably told them it would be more disastrous in the long run to make a horrible sequel.