• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Disney solving the problem they made. Good move in all honesty. Nice to see Gunn getting a chance to finish his series.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I figured it was gonna happen once they mentioned they were gonna keep the same script

conspriacy theory- he never really left

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes! And now we can all lick those salty tears off those fuck boys who are likely to be very salty

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this has anything to do with Disney execs finally seeing through the bad faith bullshit being thrown at Captain Marvel and Star Wars and the like.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Disney can't lose the biggest star they have..

giphy.gif

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I remember reading that the firing decision came from Bob Iger himself, and that he thought people would give him kudos for doing it. Was that ever debunked?

It wasn't Iger, but I believe Horn. The rumor was that he was hoping to get the same reaction and praise that Iger got for firing Roseanne.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gunn literally hasn't tweeted since the day the shit went down, I hope he comes back to Twitter.
Kind of hope he doesn't

Honestly he is totally within his right to not touch Twitter with a 10 foot pole and to fuck off the MCU after GoTG3 after what happened. He probably wants to finish his passion project on his own terms and just bail out.

With that said I can see him staying on both for the sake of his fans and probably for all the support behind the scenes.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
So is suicide squad 2 happening then guardians 3 after? Also what does this mean?! Is he working on the cosmetic marvel side after guardians 3 or is he now working with DC properties after? So many questions!

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Haha, holy fucking shit.

Waiting just long enough for it to kind of blow over and people to focus on other, newer, more sordid scandals was probably a good move.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, some justice.

His firing had really dampened my enthusiasm for the MCU, basically quitting anything but the final Avengers movie more out of feeling obligated to finish rather than any excitement. Maybe I'll go see Captain Marvel now.

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
Ehh. I love the first movie, but the second is borderline unwatchable. It's like chunks of various movies crammed together to form a bloated mass containing a few good scenes. Fresh blood might not have been bad, even if Gunn was unjustly fired.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Fox merger was a big part of this too. Disney was in zero controversy mode for the past year - now that it's all but finished they've got no reason not to bring him back on.

Honestly? I could see it. The last thing Disney wanted was controversy getting in the way of their 75 billion dollar deal.

Last edited:

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
They probably had trouble finding a replacement. Glad for Gunn and crew, the whole debacle was straight up bullshit

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic news.

But does that mean Gunn will be directing competing DC and Marvel movies around the same time frame ? (Suicide Squad 2 and this)

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
How fat of a bonus paycheck did he have to get.

After dragging their ass about this for months.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I guess working this out is why they got so quiet on this for a while. I imagine the movie isn't that heavily connected with any other overarching plotlines they'll have going that they can't delay it a few slots in the release calendar to wait for Suicide Squad to finish.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
A lot of people on here have a lot of crow to be eating right now.

You know who you are. Come forward please.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Announcing it now isn't a surprise either. Positive Cap Marvel reception. Buzz about Endgame. Now giving most fans what they wanted. Good PR move going into Endgame.

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised, but pleased nonetheless. I think they realized that Guardians is too big an IP to cancel, and if they went ahead without Gunn (and possibly Bautista/Sean) it'd have a big stink tied to it.