• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I mean considering Star Wars history, how can you really consider 3 years between 2 films a break? Because that was the regular the time between movies for the OT and PT.

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3 of those are not getting made. And the other 3 are probably in the air, considering the lukewarm reception to GoT S8. Maybe they should let Favreau and Dave Filoni handle this.
Literally less than a month ago, Kathleen Kennedy said she was meeting with D&D and Rian this month to discuss the future of Star Wars.

As much as I wish D&D weren't involved with Star wars, they sadly are.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
i dont understand the Star Wars schedule.

Rian or D&D need to wait til 2026 to make a movie?

Im patiently waiting to laugh when Disney announces the first live action Pixar remake

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
3 of those are not getting made. And the other 3 are probably in the air, considering the lukewarm reception to GoT S8. Maybe they should let Favreau and Dave Filoni handle this.
We already have confirmation that the Rian trilogy is still happening after alt-right trolls spread rumors about it being cancelled. He's not starting work on it until Knifes Out wraps.

D&D seems more likely to get canned, but that's just because it's so far out in the future.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Getting "more" of something doesn't mean it's the quality it should be, the story or artist design it could have or the creativity that the previous installments had.

The way they are presenting this movie line up is basically a Chinese buffet. I'm sure lots of people will enjoy them, but if my favorite franchise got turned into a buffet I would be pretty saddened because of the obvious consequences.
I can't take that post seriously when you have an MCU avatar.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So for the MCU...

2020 - The Eternals, Black Widow
2021 - Shang-Chi, Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2
2022 - Spider-Man #3 with Holland, Captain Marvel 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
So for the MCU...

Spiderman is Sony Pictures, not Disney, so Spiderman would not be one of the untitled marvel. Assuming they follow the same schedule, Spiderman 3 could come out in 2021 making their be four marvel movies that year.

Oct 25, 2017
What did you expect? These movies make a billion dollars each. They have two trilogies in pre-production. They were never going to stop for an extended period of time.
I doesn't matter what we expected or what the reason is. People acting like three years is a significant break for us, the consumers, need to find their marbles.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You new here? My favorite thing is all the ways The Last Jedi gets mentioned in threads that have NOTHING to do with star wars

It happens a lot but I try to view this as how influent and important TLJ is for the franchise. We are turning this into a TLJ thread now, aren't we?

Unless you are in the community hangout thread, ERA is a toxic wasteland for Star Wars discussion.

Yeah and I don't get why when Marvel movies are so praised here. It's not like those are much better.

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it naive to think the only reason there are only 2 MCU films next year is because Universal have finally decided to work with Marvel/Disney and do a Hulk movie?

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Disney without Marvel and LucasFilm would be quite creatively bankrupt.

Eh, I'm a fan but it's not like they're particularly creative WITH them.

I just realized that if I wanted to see every Disney movie in theathers from the next few years I'd need to spend over 150€ a year, which is more than my Netflix subscription costs.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
So for the MCU...

Guardians is filming next year. I think that if you switch Shang-Chj with Vol. 3 you are good to go.

Also, I fully expect a Deadpool announcement later this year, with that film going for 2020 or 2021.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Peeps going on about Avatar but what's all this Disney Live Action shit. There's like a dozen of them.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
What if Disney intends an internal 'bake off' between Rian and Benioff + Weiss' Star Wars trilogies?

Only one of them will actually be greenlit to production as it seems, from this schedule, that Disney intends to pump the breaks on the Star Wars films and instead double down on the 'event' TV series such as The Mandolorian on Disney +?

Seems plausible.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Spiderman is Sony Pictures, not Disney, so Spiderman would not be one of the untitled marvel. Assuming they follow the same schedule, Spiderman 3 could come out in 2021 making their be four marvel movies that year.

Ah ok. That makes things a bit more interesting, given that we pretty much know of 6 MCU films in the works. I wonder what that 7th will be.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
The Rian Johnson trilogy was very recently confirmed to still be happening.
You have a source that says otherwise?
sure thing.

a stranger on the internet told me
Literally less than a month ago, Kathleen Kennedy said she was meeting with D&D and Rian this month to discuss the future of Star Wars.

As much as I wish D&D weren't involved with Star wars, they sadly are.
We already have confirmation that the Rian trilogy is still happening after alt-right trolls spread rumors about it being cancelled. He's not starting work on it until Knifes Out wraps.

D&D seems more likely to get canned, but that's just because it's so far out in the future.

Well, the best source is the linked list. There's only 3 SW movies on that list. I will say they are not working now with RJ or D&D for a 2028 movie release.

However, there were articles pointing to a collaboration between RJ and D&D, so the 2 trilogies likely merged into one:
https://www.thewrap.com/rian-johnson-game-of-thrones-showrunners-future-star-wars-films/

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also wondering if the Fox Marvel properties will now be under the Disney Marvel umbrella, or if films with those characters (ie, Fantastic Four, X-Men) will retain the "Fox" branding. Deadpool probably will, but I'm assuming everything else will fall under Marvel Studios now?

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
Ah ok. That makes things a bit more interesting, given that we pretty much know of 6 MCU films in the works. I wonder what that 7th will be.
My money is on Young Avengers. Or DOOM. But probably the former. Or Captain Marvel 2. edit: wait I saw you mentioned that nvm
what happens when the MCU runs out of awful villains to be beaten?
Marvel has literally hundreds of villains so we'll be going for a long time. Stilt Man/Lady Stilt Man film when?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the best source is the linked list. There's only 3 SW movies on that list. I will say they are not working now with RJ or D&D for a 2028 movie release.
Kathleen Kennedy literally said a few weeks back that they were gonna have a meeting soon with D&D and RJ to talk about the next ten years of Star Wars.

However, there were articles pointing to a collaboration between RJ and D&D, so the 2 trilogies likely merged into one:
https://www.thewrap.com/rian-johnson-game-of-thrones-showrunners-future-star-wars-films/

Which is what the article is talking about.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
"They're still making Marvel movies?" lol the fuck you think they were gonna stop for when Endgame is crushing records and they just got back the rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four, not to mention all the stories there still are to be told with the character they already had

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it naive to think the only reason there are only 2 MCU films next year is because Universal have finally decided to work with Marvel/Disney and do a Hulk movie?
It's because Guardians got delayed.

James Gunn had accidentally let it slip that the next movie would release in 2020 during a Facebook live chat he did. It would've been Black Widow, Guardians 3 and Eternals for 2020 until he got fired and then refired, which pushed things around.