• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how active Pinoy ERA is, but this Disney ad came out a few weeks ago (though primarily airing the EMEA region) and I was shocked to see uniquely Philippine traditions represented in Disney media:

Also available on Disney Plus: Watch From Our Family to Yours | Full Movie | Disney+ (disneyplus.com)

I know its main goal is to sell Mickey dolls, but damn if I didn't bawl my eyes out. From seeing my culture represented to thinking about my late lolas, it just hit all of the right notes. I was honestly terrified that Lola wasn't gonna come back down, but then I remembered this is a holiday ad and not a Pixar film.

For the animation buffs out there, it was animated by Flux Animation Studio out of New Zealand, who did a great job at capturing the Disney/Pixar style. Between this and Raya, it's an exciting time to be a Southeast Asian animation fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.