• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Disgaea D2 would have been the more interesting title to port imo (and they even had the original Disgaea rereleased to justify it...). Still, this is a pretty good game.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Already have it on ps3, but would love to double dip if it has the Ps Vita extra stuff. Or if I found it at 20€ like I did with D1 and D5C.

OP
OP

moogan

Nov 2, 2017
i looked it on nisa's website and it doesn't detail anything new
its probably the base game (4) with all the dlc

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I loved 4, but already played it enough on Vita. Will probably pass on this.

D1C must have performed pretty well though for NIS to keep porting the series.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Me:
"Oh wow my favorite game from my favorite RPG series...neat! But I played the original to death and I just got D5 on Steam, which I'm knee deep in...so totally not for me...oh well! Let's me just check out the website...oh there is a Collector's Edition, let me click on this...

giphy.gif

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I got pretty interested in the characters from what I saw in Disgaea 5 DLC, definitely grabbing this.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
We are so close to having all of them on modern consoles. Just need D2 Complete, which is likely, and then 2 and 3.

brambles13

Oct 27, 2017
I already played this enough on Vita which was already a rerelease. Also this game wasn't exactly lacking in content so I am unsure why it needed another release besides a cash grab by a struggling company.

Regardless happy for Switch fans, it's the best Disgaea game by far and worth getting.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Skipping 3 ?

Also great! One game to take off my backlog list on PS3

Will get on PS4 (and hopefully will come to Steam/PC)

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If you haven't played this game yet: it is worth picking up for Valvatorez alone. That character is a gem.

The supporting cast is enjoyable, too. I didn't think I would like Emizel as much as I did.

Not sure if I will get the game myself, though. The sardines poster and bookmark look enticing, but I don't have a Switch and I just don't see this new PS4 version dethroning the Vita version as the best way to play the game. Console Disgaea is good, but portable Disgaea is where it's truly at.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Out of fucking nowhere. I never got to finish this game on my Vita before I accidentally broke it, so I would be glad to play it on Switch.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
Is this game a good place to jump into the franchise or should I try the other 2 on the switch first?

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disgaea D2 is the one I'm hoping gets ported soon, but this is the one Disgaea game I meant to go back to and finish, so I'm totally down for this.

If anyone wants to know why D2 specifically, I gave up trying to play the US version. Was going to eventually track down a Japanese copy because of the issues I experienced. I had heard about the issues regarding the CPU problem (which was thankfully at least patched) and some of the minor bugs, but I had not realized the Damage Values, Ailments, and among other issues, was totally, 100% fucked on the localization till I played it, and encountered it in the early game (this one is super weird because it's hit or miss if you encounter it, but if you do, basically if you attack an enemy, you'll recieve damage, or other party members will. Sometimes you'll randomly contract ailments, such as poison, even death).

Unfortunately, as luck would have it, I encountered those severe battle bugs and I just opted not to continue. I'm not gonna restart in hopes of eventually not triggering those bugs, so I was considering tracking down the Japanese release. I'm hoping out for a port that fixes these issues, but we'll see.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I wonder if we'll see more ports of their other games to switch if only to drum up some cash.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
If only they would release on the Switch cheaper, D5 is still 50 bucks on the eShop.

I love Disgaea and Disgaea on the go sounds amazing, but not for 50 bucks for a 4 year old game.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Is this game a good place to jump into the franchise or should I try the other 2 on the switch first?
Might be worth it if the other two are on sale. But otherwise Disgaea tends to get better as the number behind it gets higher. Though D5 is sort of the exception here, because I personally feel D4 is the highpoint of the franchise and as good a starting point as any.

There is no overarching plot, so don't worry about that.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Might have to get a switch.

But it is crazy they don't do this more often. I would pay obscane money for a current gen port of La Paculle and Maka Wars