• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kaf

Technical Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I often think about Coke Blak to this day
packaging_coke_blak.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
When my wife and I lived in a studio apartment in the early 2000s, we would order a Mama Zella from Round Table Pizza and this basically fed us for days.

Mama Zella

cb72568c8a82ad1f57d490e542d7ff78.jpg

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Just went to the store today in hopes they would have the chunky Hershey Cookie And Cream bars... seem to be gone. RIP

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Original Sun Chips

No stores carry those for some unknown reason. It's like they vanished without a trace, but just here.

0a67e30f-d84d-4005-be32-f0701abb3361_1.e8953dc8d8ade70ca1a37cc800fb3f5e.jpeg

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Might as well get my usual nostalgia out of the way:

tZ07JAA.png

The joke at school was that it was everything they swept up off the factory floor in a chocolate bar, and - while we're not *really* talking about floor sweepings - that's pretty much what it is. Little bits of all their major bars; fruits and nuts from Fruit 'n' Nut, crunchie pieces from Crunchies, fudge bits from Fudge.

It was glorious.

Edit: And now I've noticed this. Might start looking up brownie tins on Amazon...

Last edited:

MatchaMouse

Mar 12, 2018
Gamer Grub. What am I, a gamer, supposed to eat now?!

JnVFkxK.png

I actually won a bag of this after coming in first in a video game trivia challenge in college. I was so disappointed, but then I ate it on the drive home from school and it was pretty good.

My answer to the thread would be Dunkaroos, but since those have been posted I'll go with Waffle Crisp.
203301f011a5914e41a3d82730a870cc_large.png

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
images

They stopped making them here a couple years ago. They also don't sell any Mini Wheats here anymore all we have is knock off brands that suck :'(

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
For about a year Starbucks had a wonderful vegan dark chocolate, banana and coffee smoothie you could buy at the store that was absolutely fantastic. Miss it so much but I've found recipes online that taste identical

Flambe

Faster than Light
Oct 25, 2017
100% nostalgia, but McDonald's pizza crust was so good.

Cherry Dr Pepper slushie is hard to come by.

Tim Hortons donuts when they made them in store =( Fucking garbage now to match their coffee

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
And the McWrap was probably my fave non-burger Mickey D's item, probably the only thing they had where, literally every time I got it at, multiple McDonald's too, it looked exactly like the ads and was so good. Their snack wraps are pretty alright, but they ain't no McWrap.
I'm quoting my post from March because I learned today that McDonald's apparently discontinued their snack wraps (or at least they're no longer available at my location, IDK if it's due to supply issues because of COVID tho) so that sucks because I wanted to get a couple for lunch today. 😭😭😭

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually won a bag of this after coming in first in a video game trivia challenge in college. I was so disappointed, but then I ate it on the drive home from school and it was pretty good.

My answer to the thread would be Dunkaroos, but since those have been posted I'll go with Waffle Crisp.
203301f011a5914e41a3d82730a870cc_large.png
Followed by their replacement which was also discontinued afaik

242cc3bb-ab9a-4d01-b5b5-eda420017058_1.8bb3b0fc52f839cbebe47df583a66c71.jpeg

Oct 26, 2017
Out of all the types they do I'm not sure why this is one they retired. I assume it didn't sell well.
When you could still get these about once a week I would get the craving and head down to the shop to pick up a big bar (either 150g or 200g can't remember) and settle down with a cuppa and a book and and pretty much devour the whole thing.

c-Y_hOvYgnj.jpg

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
The one I'm never going to forgive is the Beefy Crunch Burrito from Taco Bell:

Taco-Bell-Beefy-Crunch-Burrito.jpg

This thing was around in 2011, and it was wonderful. Then they decided to turn it into the Taco Bell version of the McRib and limited release it a few times over the years. Now it's just... a thing they used to make. The closest you can get is to ask for sour cream on the Beefy Frito Burrito (which is pretty close) but... yeah, with the new rice recipe and no flaming hot Fritos, it's not the same.

Best doritos ever

00028400001441-24EZ8i8WL5PApHW-en-US-0_s500.jpg

They brought back the flavor which was great but without the 3D, just isn't the same. Would go wild on these if they brought them back

I came to this thread specifically to lament the loss of 3D Doritos, glad I'm not the only one.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
The Taco Bell naked chicken chalupas were so much better than anything else Taco Bell serves that I literally won't go if they aren't there.

Congratulations, your experiment in exciting new ways to destroy my colon also destroyed my interest in anything else on your menu, smartasses.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017

My no.1 most missed fast food menu item ever, and apatently 4 years ago they did a re-release that i wasnt aware of!!!!!

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
My answer is always the same: Butterfinger B.B.'s:

doYXVJSAwsbpCXi-800x450-noPad.jpg

I don't care for Butterfinger candy bars nor do I care for their pseudo-replacement, Butterfinger Bites. But there was something different about how Butterfinger B.B.'s structured their crispy core. It was just so much more pleasing and clean to eat. To have lived in a world with Butterfinger B.B.'s and to now live in a world without them often leaves me cold wondering what we will even have left to leave for our children.
Fuck me these were so good and so short lived.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
People going on and on about McD's pizza, but no... McDonald's in Canada did a nationwide campaign for the greatest fast food side ever, ONION NUGGETS. They were basically pearl onions that were pulverized, breaded and fried. And they were divine. They also only lasted for what seemed like a single summer. The lack of onion-based side dish is part of why I don't often go to McDonald's anymore.

And I will remember the taste of this until the day I die:
UYyQTHVMXodY_vxJFYd8xRBq0noBqr2LY4MFGy9WvbRjX9rsWOFrJXb3c9Yfi8m7QjWgIFNaK7Bsc_96zSSnmpKxDdgaNZZPeMUruYL_NvEQXiRGM4OAOvrkqJTYQ6YKnXi8X69EDk-I__dm1qmnVIZWAoBexCVFd6-v

The Snickers Cruncher. I know the recent Crisper version is meant to be a continuation of it but it's not the same. 😔
Yup, the Cruncher was great, too.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
I can't find diet minute maid in either my grocery store or walmart anymore. Very annoying. Was a good, healthy, substitute for when water got boring.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Arby's got rid of these and I will forever give them shit for it. They were really good, and paired with ones' own hot sauce.

78435560e7b419b4e6b2a7eab9986f69.jpg

O7ZeVqm54RYF6QQAb7b_8VfYoS8=.gif

Also more recently, Jersey Mikes got rid of their pastrami reuben sub sandwich at my locations and I cannot believe it. Always the one I got and now I have to settle for something lesser, like their #42.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
My answer is always the same: Butterfinger B.B.'s:

doYXVJSAwsbpCXi-800x450-noPad.jpg

I don't care for Butterfinger candy bars nor do I care for their pseudo-replacement, Butterfinger Bites. But there was something different about how Butterfinger B.B.'s structured their crispy core. It was just so much more pleasing and clean to eat. To have lived in a world with Butterfinger B.B.'s and to now live in a world without them often leaves me cold wondering what we will even have left to leave for our children.
Hit the nail on the head. Regular butterfingers gets stuck between and onto ones' teeth and acts like an adhesive that won't come off. Like dental cleaning they put on at the end. These did not leave any of that. Now I want those and am sad I can't get them. :(

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm quoting my post from March because I learned today that McDonald's apparently discontinued their snack wraps (or at least they're no longer available at my location, IDK if it's due to supply issues because of COVID tho) so that sucks because I wanted to get a couple for lunch today. 😭😭😭

I believe it's a Covid limited menu issue. They also don't have the chicken tenders anymore, which they spend a ton of money marketing, and which I have to imagine will return.

As for me, it's the Taco Bell Grilled Stuffed Nacho. This thing was incredible.

fzH5reP.jpg

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
Cheetos_Pelotazos_Futebolas_130g_1024x1024.jpg

I mean they're technically still in production, but they haven't been available for a long time in The Netherlands :c