• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WillRobBanks

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
images

I'm just now realizing I haven't had this in so many years 😭

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I miss these things so much. Cakesters were my go-to dessert snack.
uhnysgiyZtQalyJ-800x450-noPad.jpg

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
bb14c931c9c407aa13d1bf60fa89cab3.png

I remember drinking this as a kid almost 20 years ago. Liquid bliss. Hopefully the Cream Soda flavor I just learned about searching for a picture tastes similar.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
71lv-Laj-cc-L-SL1500.jpg

The fact that Clearly Canadian only exists online or apparently in exactly one retail chain anywhere(with the nearest one being 50+ miles away) and not in every single store that I enter was surely the first sign something had gone terribly wrong with our timeline.
i stumbled upon these at a world market when i was xmas shopping last year and it was such a blast from the past! these used to be everywhere. picked up the cherry one on pure nostalgia alone.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure these still exist but they are nowhere near me.

9jSDqtE_ik4qR_7WgU45VgvAAUdqVkVtxR3dEPMPe0Qjusjvse2zfgvZzLET8tGw2hMjTc6aYFrO0ValIiiwnYrZUq9-pzptlFMBIzqToaB0xTlJb7T_SQK3Jm7zq-UeKxZ3-Q

But if I'm blind and anyone can tell me where to find them in a Walmart or Super 1 please let me know. I scarfed these down as a kid and they were the best mini pizzas out there.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Oh man, I just remembered a couple discontinued McDonald's items I miss:
Mighty_wings.png

2016-04-14-1460663848-3210181-McD_McWrap2.jpg

Like I know why the Mighty Wings failed, and I'll admit the price was expensive for what you got, but I loved them and I ate them a lot when they started dropping the prices just to get rid of them.

And the McWrap was probably my fave non-burger Mickey D's item, probably the only thing they had where, literally every time I got it at, multiple McDonald's too, it looked exactly like the ads and was so good. Their snack wraps are pretty alright, but they ain't no McWrap.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I miss these things so much. Cakesters were my go-to dessert snack.
uhnysgiyZtQalyJ-800x450-noPad.jpg
I couldn't think of anything to bring up coming into this thread but these are absolutely something I adored as a kid. Would eat so many of these at once. The texture was perfect, the flavor was on-point. I didn't even fully realize they were 100% gone till right now and now I'm sad.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I really miss OK soda. Boston was one of the test markets for the soda (according to Wikipedia it never did well enough to get a nationwide distribution) but OK soda was pretty much my official drink of my early teen summers.

en.wikipedia.org

OK Soda - Wikipedia

Oct 30, 2017
Coke Black.

Starburst fruit twists (I have nostalgia for these, big time). Basically starburst flavored licorice.

There was some kind of sports themed fruit snacks that I loved when I was a kid. I don't remember what they were called, but i distinctly remember that there was a whistle shaped snack and if you licked it, you could get two to stick together and it would actually whistle if you blew into it. I really wish I knew what they were called.

Last edited:

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
5d7b5c2f053e12ff34116d808598fd76.jpg

Especially the sour cream and onion flavor.
Wow that box brought back memories that were lost to time. Definitely tasty.
We've had these at work for nearly a year now. They don't sell.

Bring these back world, please;
resize
I loved these as a kid but I bet I'd hate 'em now.
sobe-blacktea3g.jpg

This was my life when I was 13, not sure if its discontinued completely but I haven't been able to find it on the east coast at least
This specific flavor? I still see sobe around in grocery stores, but they're in plastic bottles and have been for quite a while.
Wow, I remember having this every now and then. I completely forgot about it.
HELLLL yeah, they had the best texture ever.
Going for a long try, i just cant remember this one. It was an ice cream round bar, vanilla in middle, soft graham like cookies on top and bottom, and it was dipped all around in chocolat. If my memory is right, i think the wrapping of it was gray . I need to remember the name of these! Think i havent seen that like 15 years ago...
It seems like! Found the picture online and it seem to be it! But i think it was made by another company here in Quebec, perhaps a homemade product, packaging seem different.

But the product, oh yeah its very much like it! Now i need to find these !

thanks!
So It's-Its is a San Francisco Bay Area company, with limited distribution IIRC. It could be that they made their way to Quebec but more than likely there was some other company doing something similar. They're very much still around here, and they're delicious.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017

I was in high school when this came out, and I would buy it from the soda machine on campus with lunch every day. I used to think it was awesome, but even back then, everyone would tell me how awful it was. I wish it was still around so I could try it again and see how wrong I probably was.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Chocolate covered mint Oreos. I don't know if they are gone nationally, US, but I haven't seen them around where I live in a long time. They were replaced with just the fudge ones and those are/were not even close to being as good.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
uN84qdm.jpg

McDonald's Salad Shakers
I used to eat these -constantly- and I don't even eat salads like that.
By far the best way to package salad for portable consumption.
The container fit in a cup holder so it could be eaten in a car and she shaking delivered the perfect amount of dressing coverage.
The fact that these no longer exist is a travesty.

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
00028400033480-24EZ8i8WL5PApHW-en-US-0_s500.jpg

I never tasted a guacamole chip that tasted even NEARLY as good as these did. I remember the exact taste too.
5e02d5d4-145e-4750-8887-360a8402fe31_1.5a055deb249c501247c368247864e4a9.jpeg

For some reason no one has capitalized on the formula of having dried bananas in cereal. I'd rather eat this over Cinnamon Toast Crunch any day. I've only eaten cereals that have the oats with banana flavor but never the dried bananas in it.

aqdzvgtzsof01.jpg

There are many like it but none that just hit that familiar pinch of childhood that these did.
513db12hCyL._PIbundle-8,TopRight,0,0_SX297SY500SH20_.jpg

the ultimate lunchbox candy

PRBoricua23

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Wow, and here I thought I was the only one who loved Berry Berry Kix that much.

I was really sad when they discontinued that cereal. I remember having the re-boot brand back around '08 and I was not impressed. They were flavorless.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Diet Mountain Dew Voltage / Code Red among other flavors.
I loved these so long ago as they were my favorite flavors, stopped drinking regular soda a decade ago and only drink diet soda as far as soda goes and it's so sad that mountain dew has so many flavors and only the regular mountain dew has a diet version and I can't stand it. I shed a tear everytime I see a 12 pack of regular voltage/code red knowing I'll never be able to drink them again 😢

diet-mountain-dew-voltage-supernova-1-cdb55eca34421a7f516a668c73043147.jpg

1-HYK-45263-en-jpg-300-Wx300-H.jpg

I'd add Dunkaroos to that list as they were my favorite snack as a child but those are finally coming back later this year!

Also remember when I was in 6th/7th grade and everytimeI came home to my mother having gone grocery shopping and seeing one of these in the fridge and feeling like I won the lottery.

hqdefault.jpg

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Another one of these topics and after all these posts not a single mention of Pizzarias. I feel attacked.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
McDonald's used to have a Spicy chicken sandwich that wasn't the mcchicken, back when they had the premium chicken sandwiches.
I loved that fucking thing.

They also had BBQ snack wraps, too, where instead of ranch, it had barbeque sauce.

Now I can just get some at Wendy's instead. Spicy wrap, sub ranch for BBQ and it's grade-A.
The Volcano menu at taco bell, of course. And more recently, the fiery doritos locos taco, it had a little lime tanginess but good spicy overall, really was great.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Diet Mountain Dew Voltage / Code Red among other flavors.
I loved these so long ago as they were my favorite flavors, stopped drinking regular soda a decade ago and only drink diet soda as far as soda goes and it's so sad that mountain dew has so many flavors and only the regular mountain dew has a diet version and I can't stand it. I shed a tear everytime I see a 12 pack of regular voltage/code red knowing I'll never be able to drink them again 😢

diet-mountain-dew-voltage-supernova-1-cdb55eca34421a7f516a668c73043147.jpg

1-HYK-45263-en-jpg-300-Wx300-H.jpg
I miss Supernova.
Have you tried Mountain Dew Zero? I like it a lot better than Diet Mountain Dew. Tastes less diety than DMD, but if you don't like the base MD taste, you might not like it.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I miss Supernova.
Have you tried Mountain Dew Zero? I like it a lot better than Diet Mountain Dew. Tastes less diety than DMD, but if you don't like the base MD taste, you might not like it.

I actually found out about it late last week when I went grocery shopping! Didn't know it was a thing until then. I enjoyed regular mountain dew taste long long ago when I drank regular soda but I didn't like regular diet mountain dew at all(Diet pepsi/coke zero/diet rootbeer among others dont even taste like diet soda to me anymore since I've only drank diet for years now) but diet mountain dew tasted gross to me. Mountain Dew zero is actually pretty good! It doesn't taste 100% of what I remember regular dew tasting like but it's at least 85% and I can definitely see myself getting another 12 pack of them when I drink the ones I have.

The lack of diet options with Mountain Dew (Pepsi owned diet drinks in general) in comparison to coke products is huge and pepsi lacks variety in diet bevarages. Coke has vanilla zero, orange vanilla zero, cherry zero, diet coke released over half a dozen different fruity flavored diet coke's last year and I love those.

Pepsi's got wild Cherry diet pepsi and I can't think of much else that I see in stores.

Glad to finally have a mountain dew drink I like now and can drink at least! \o/

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me, the thing that often comes to mind is BBQ Fritos. No, not the Honey Barbeque Twists, actual BBQ Frito corn chips.

Supposedly they only formally discontinued them in like 2018, but at least here in Michigan/the Metro Detroit area I definitely stopped seeing them like at least a decade before then, could not find those things anywhere and it sucks since I liked them a lot more than the twists, but alas.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The German wine gums i was addicted to "Gumbilees" changed their recipe and flavors to disgusting "apple" and "pear"eliminating lime and an unidentifiable yellow that was previously delicious.

after Cadbury's ruined their chocolate it was all i had.