• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mother's Cookies apple-filled oatmeal cookies. When they went bankrupt, and Nabisco? bought their assets, they revived some stuff like the circus animal cookies, but not my favorite. :(

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
My answer is always the same: Butterfinger B.B.'s:

doYXVJSAwsbpCXi-800x450-noPad.jpg

I don't care for Butterfinger candy bars nor do I care for their pseudo-replacement, Butterfinger Bites. But there was something different about how Butterfinger B.B.'s structured their crispy core. It was just so much more pleasing and clean to eat. To have lived in a world with Butterfinger B.B.'s and to now live in a world without them often leaves me cold wondering what we will even have left to leave for our children.
Exactly what i came to post god i miss these things

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
3506887_orig.gif

Basically every flavor was great and it was even bottled locally. Sadly, it was only around for a couple of years.

Apr 24, 2019
Wendy's Ghost Pepper fries. They were nowhere near ghost pepper hot, but man they tasted fuckin great. Used to get like, 5 orders a day for people back at work. Sad times :(

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Jarritos Watermelon Soda. Really ANY good watermelon soda. They just seem to have completely stopped making them and that's a bummer.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
Nature's Valley granola clusters. It was marked as a candy bar replacement but that shit was just a sugary if not even more so. It was a nougat bar and covered in caramel with granola sprinkled on top. Some even had chocolate chips too. That shit was delish. I think they stopped making them in the mid 80s.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Red Tangerine Fanta was so fucking great until they changed it to natural flavours/colours.

Also the New Yorker from Pizza Hut was pretty good.

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
monster%2Bpops.jpg

These were around when I was really young (early to mid-80s). They were just your standard popsicle flavour assortment of cherry/orange/grape, but the box was so much fun and the pops looked really cool (though not nearly as detailed as the packaging made them out to be). Probably my favourite snack memory from my childhood, along with Planters Cheez-Balls which, as many have noted, are once again available (and still wonderful!)

I miss you, 3-D Monster Pops.

Deleted member 6769

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
o1yx7rmlyhh01.jpg

Used to get these -- specifically the green flavor -- all the time when I went to the local supermarket with my parents in elementary school. 32g of sugar in like 8.25 oz, not sure if I miss it in hindsight lmao

Dec 25, 2018
Don't think its still around, or the nostalgia holds up to my change in taste/food standard, but I was very young I used to get Heinz Beanz Pizza, a Heinz brand pizza that replaced the tomato sauce with a beans version of it there was also one with little sausage slices on it, remember loving it back in the day.
Once upon a time there was a Simpson's brand canned drink, had it maybe twice but it wasn't till years later I realised the flavour was cream soda.

Jul 26, 2018
The spicy mcchicken sandwiches in McDonalds. I only go there just for that and the deluxe breakfast platter.

KFC sweet and spicy boneless wings. I ate 12 pieces of those and 3 snackers too. So dam delicious.

The $10 box in popeyes. 6 peices of chicken tenders, 2 sides, and 2 biscuits. Good deal.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
TjDoYXbElgjUJnV-800x450-noPad.jpg

Loved these drinks as a kid. Think my favorite was Fire and then later when the other elements launched i went with Atomic and Volcano.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Walgreens had store brand Jalapeno Cashews that were absolutely amazing. Every week I'd go to my local Walgreens and buy the four bags they had on the shelf and they were my go-to work snack. Then they slowly started disappearing, I was going to other Walgreens stores near work or my parent's house, but eventually they disappeared from everywhere. Emerald makes a Jalapeno Cashew but its nowhere near as good. Now my work snack is 7-11 Jalapeno Peanuts, but I'm not sure how long those will be around. I used to be able to buy boxes of them from Amazon, but they're no longer for sale there so I have to buy individual bags from the 7-11 gas station on my way to work.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
71lv-Laj-cc-L-SL1500.jpg

The fact that Clearly Canadian only exists online or apparently in exactly one retail chain anywhere(with the nearest one being 50+ miles away) and not in every single store that I enter was surely the first sign something had gone terribly wrong with our timeline.

KentP

Oct 28, 2017
KB3cDNA0feiWGO60ivQvHaWTjfveSADDFMej_JF2HcI.jpg

Starburst Joosters (UK).

Starburst do jelly beans in the US, but they don't taste as fruity as these did. These were strong in the juicy game =[

Came here to say this... These ruined all other jelly beans for me (though Asda of all places did some half decent ones for a time)

Wtf is with the weird-ass flavours of jelly beans you get these days? I don't want non-fruit flavoured beans, but no, now you have to play some pseudo-russian roulette variant where you might get... I dunno, some manky coffee flavour or something

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
My answer is always the same: Butterfinger B.B.'s:

doYXVJSAwsbpCXi-800x450-noPad.jpg

I don't care for Butterfinger candy bars nor do I care for their pseudo-replacement, Butterfinger Bites. But there was something different about how Butterfinger B.B.'s structured their crispy core. It was just so much more pleasing and clean to eat. To have lived in a world with Butterfinger B.B.'s and to now live in a world without them often leaves me cold wondering what we will even have left to leave for our children.
With Dunkaroos seemingly coming back, this is my answer. God, these were good.

Actually, no I can think of something else: Altoids Tangerine Sours

NalFiAhbIXMcGbo-800x450-noPad.jpg

These shits were fucking godlike. Tasted just like Tangerines but in tangy candy form.

badatorigami

Dec 5, 2019
These shits were fucking godlike. Tasted just like Tangerines but in tangy candy form.

Was just about to say these. It was like sharks at the chum bucket when you would bust out a tin at school
Found this link while looking them up just now,
www.bustle.com

Here's Why You Can't Find Altoids Sours On Shelves Anymore

The beloved Altoids Sours may be discontinued, but there are ways to recreate them at home.

Guess they were only popular with schoolkids.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haagen Dazs Mayan Chocolate. There's two kinds, one with just cinnamon and a hint of spice in the ice cream and one with the same stuff but also fudge chunks. I don't care which version but they are both god tier.

dUsWixu.jpg

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Was in the late 80's/early 90's in Sweden, released in conjunction with the first Batman movie, was an orange soda, tasted so good. I know you could buy it at least a few years after the movie though, so it wasn't just a small sample.

Was it like an unusual or special orange flavor? Or is orange soda hard to come by in Sweden?

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
Not sure if theyre discontinued but I used to buy these strawberry cheesecake bites (they had chocolate too) from the ice cream section at the grocery. I dont remember the brand. Then they were gone... I really loved those.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
You can still get it online thankfully, but Chef Boyardee Spaghetti Sauce with Meat.
Unlike the canned kids pasta they make, this is actually a decent spaghetti sauce, especially if you mix in some parmesan cheese.
Used to be in Albertson most of my childhood, but it got hard to find around 2006/7.

Another spaghetti sauce: Prego Hearty Meat
It was a line of several flavors that were DELICIOUS. There was a Meatball Parmesan that was amazing, and an Italian Meat one with several types of meat.
I'd kill to find this stuff again.

Oct 27, 2017
51D23D8PW9L._SX425_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA425SH20_.jpg

This. It was the shit.

That stuff was awesome šŸ¤¤šŸ¤¤šŸ¤¤

Loved these growing up, local ice rink had them:
wiAUcuU.jpg

Wait, you had Batman soda in Sweden? Man, you Swedes got all the good stuff back then, we never got that in Norway :'(

and I'm surprised nobody mentioned this:

BN-OS127_PEPSIj_P_20160629141846.jpg

I kinda miss it. Didn't taste anything special, but it was kinda cool.

I miss Pepsi Twist too. That new Pepsi Max with lime just ain't the same.

CARBONATEDDRINKPEPSITWIST500ml.jpg