• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
YASSSS! Can't wait to finally play one of the best RPGs of recent times!

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to buy physical, but not for $250. Wonder if there will be a non-collectors edition

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Great! I'll postpone my second run till I receive the free update. It's the perfect game for the Nintendo Switch, although it remains to be seen how it runs on that hardware.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Will definitely pick it up on the Switch! Was super bummed when I saw the trailer only have PS4 and 5 at the end.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
I would love to play this game again. It was truly enchanting. I have never used that word, but I was transfixed upon it.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Day 1, can't wait to finally play it after waiting so long. My wife considers it one of her favourite games ever and she's excited to watch me play it on console... she watched the trailer with me and said, "All lines voiced!" and "Additional quests!" super jacked lol.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Now that it's fully voiced and releasing on so many platforms there's literally no reason not to play this. One of my favorite games of all time and it seems like most people who've played the game would agree. It's remarkable in what it does.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
  • Free upgrade for all players
  • New Political Vision Quests
  • New Characters
  • New Clothes
  • New Cutscenes
  • Full VO
  • An additional 150,000+ words
  • Full Controller Support
Wooooo~

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
That Disco Elysium - Final Cut reveal was wild.

So they're fully voice acting the entire game now.

A game script that is over a million words.

That sounds like an incredible undertaking and I commend the dev's ambition. As well as making it a free update for current owners.

BUT.

Part of me hopes that you can still play the update with the voice acting turned off.

A large part of Disco's appeal to me is the literary nature of the game. I enjoy sitting back and reading what is essentially several novels in this game. It's why I enjoy peer experiences like Sunless Seas/Skies.

So while I'm looking forward to the update in March, and will def. give the new voicework a try, I ultimately hope that I can still play the game as it was originally released.

(That's not even getting into the possibility of poor voice acting here and there ruining the atmosphere.)

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Thank god they confirmed a standard physical edition. No way I'll pay 250$ for a special edition of anything.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a point to getting this if I beat the game once already? I mean..l.the mystery was solved so...

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I want a physical copy, but not for $250 from freakin' iam8bit. Just let me buy a loose copy (from somewhere else).

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Bought it cheap on EGS but didn't play it yet. I might wait a little longer for this (whatever this is includes (I skipped the trailer to avoid spoilers))

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
God fuck yes I am excited for this. Any reason for a replay. Fully voice acted too, dear God.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Absolutely wonderful game, some of the best writing that has ever been in a video game.

Feels more like a well written novel that what you would normally expect from games. There is so much of it too which makes the fully voiced lines even more surprising.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I only ever managed 3 hours before my laptop died, but man, what a great few hours. I kept waking my family up because I was laughing so hard. Been waiting for this a looong time.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Summer for a Switch port suuuuuuucks but that's fine, I'll still be there day 1.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Getting full VO must have been some investment. Really good for the game and the voice actors.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait. Though I might wait if it's full price, actually... That's still a bit much.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking to play this again, can't wait for the free update. 10/10 game and looking forward to trying different skills

Status
Not open for further replies.