• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I highly recommend everyone does at least one play through with cheat engine putting every stats at 10. It truly captures the insanity of the character because none of your voices will shut up

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to get the body down? I can't find a way, or is it gonna come later on? and where can I find the 2 people I need to get the signatures for mob boss? or can I only get on the 3rd day after they fix the bridge?

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Is there a way to get the body down? I can't find a way, or is it gonna come later on? and where can I find the 2 people I need to get the signatures for mob boss? or can I only get on the 3rd day after they fix the bridge?
there might be a way to get it down day one but don't worry. and yeah, you'll be able to get them on wednesday.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

As far as I know you have 3 options to get the body down.

1. Tear its head off and just pull it down.

2. Shoot it down with Kim's gun.

3. Convince Claire to have Measurehead take it down for you.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Can you run out of stuff to do? I have one thing left to do on day 2, but it's for after I ditch Kim.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you run out of stuff to do? I have one thing left to do on day 2, but it's for after I ditch Kim.

It's possible but extremely unlikely on day 2. If you run out of stuff to do it will be on like day 5. You've probably missed a lot of quests. I can give you a minimal spoilers rundown of all the ones you can pick up if you want to see if you did them all.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
It's possible but extremely unlikely on day 2. If you run out of stuff to do it will be on like day 5. You've probably missed a lot of quests. I can give you a minimal spoilers rundown of all the ones you can pick up if you want to see if you did them all.

Well, I just opened up the door with the old lady because I used an Authority level up, so I should get a little more. Seemed like a bunch of my quests were at a stopping point, though.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved this. did str and dex build. Shivers as my focus skill. finished on
4th day, tribunal on 3rd night.

was something like 20-25 hours, shorter than iw ouldve liked.

Cabana Boy

Oct 28, 2017
Ahh did the autopsy at 16:00 day 2, and now Kim is gone till tomorrow. thinking I should reload and do it closer to night or maybe it would be very disco see how much damage I can do to the case and my body without him for a day. hmm...

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this game cracks me up. It deals with some serious stuff, but my guy is running around with a clipboard in one hand and a bag for collecting bottles in the other. Going through the garbage to collect money to pay for his rent all while he is investigating a murder. Oh, I forgot to mention he is wearing gardening gloves as well.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
The inner banter in this game was very very fun :)

It was however much short than i thought it would be... i thought there would be multiple "main" cases to crack exploding the game in a few weeks standing as chapters... but there's ultimately only one.

I got a pseeeeudo good end however, and it felt good. I enjoyed my weekend with the game... even though it lasted only a weekend.

I got a couple missing quests by the time i finished it however, i am not sure i want to replay the game in whole just to adress that :P
Sooo... i was supposed to give a figurine to a long lost "figure"... got the figurine easily, but never happened to meet the figure... only seen her "picture"
...And i didn't get a torso piece of armour... did all i could to help the madm..err..scientists... but to no avail, didn't get anything in the end, just endless back and forth that met with the demise of lil creatures

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
The inner banter in this game was very very fun :)

It was however much short than i thought it would be... i thought there would be multiple "main" cases to crack exploding the game in a few weeks standing as chapters... but there's ultimately only one.

I got a pseeeeudo good end however, and it felt good. I enjoyed my weekend with the game... even though it lasted only a weekend.

I got a couple missing quests by the time i finished it however, i am not sure i want to replay the game in whole just to adress that :P
Sooo... i was supposed to give a figurine to a long lost "figure"... got the figurine easily, but never happened to meet the figure... only seen her "picture"
...And i didn't get a torso piece of armour... did all i could to help the madm..err..scientists... but to no avail, didn't get anything in the end, just endless back and forth that met with the demise of lil creatures

i dont recall exactly what checks you have to pass or trigger, but i think part of it is related to Evrart's quest to unlock that apartment door. the door is Gary's, and during a line of questioning youll find out he stole the chest piece. then you can get it off of him.

somewhat related, i never found the helmet, and i missed my chance to get the legs because i didnt want to disappoint Kim.

i think im coming up on the end and im still loving it, but i will say that i can already feel - even though i would love to replay it - i would prefer a sort of minor NG+ feature that at least lets me keep my non-story specific clothing inventory. reset everything else, but id love to just dress how i want from jump.

So how the feck do I get the body from the tree.

i was lucky enough to shoot it down. other than that, you have to, i believe, convince Measurehead to get it down for you.

SvennusDemonicus

alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
i dont recall exactly what checks you have to pass or trigger, but i think part of it is related to Evrart's quest to unlock that apartment door. the door is Gary's, and during a line of questioning youll find out he stole the chest piece. then you can get it off of him.

somewhat related, i never found the helmet, and i missed my chance to get the legs because i didnt want to disappoint Kim.

i think im coming up on the end and im still loving it, but i will say that i can already feel - even though i would love to replay it - i would prefer a sort of minor NG+ feature that at least lets me keep my non-story specific clothing inventory. reset everything else, but id love to just dress how i want from jump.

i was lucky enough to shoot it down. other than that, you have to, i believe, convince Measurehead to get it down for you.
How long is your play through

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
So what do I play after this that's as good, if not better?

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

Makes sense...
I must have messed up in my lines of questioning...
The Helmet was very late game, as you are warned in the quest description... you will find it if you are attuned with your environment i think, it may even be unmissable... i don't know with the hidden checks... I won't go much more into the details, but don't feel bad if you think you will finish the game, it's not equip-able, don't lose your sleep thinking it's hidden behind a plank in the world or something similar, just go with the flow of the game ;)

edit: it is equip-able... i just redid the final stretch... but of very little use.
You need a perception check to get it. though... yeah... +1 half light and -1 suggestion ...

Last edited:

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I kind of wish researching Precarious World wasn't so easy to cheese, being able to unequip it for any red checks sort of neuters the drawback.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I just opened up the door with the old lady because I used an Authority level up, so I should get a little more. Seemed like a bunch of my quests were at a stopping point, though.

Well, with minimal spoilers, here's all you should have available:

Claire's errands for your gun
Cuno's starter quest for the armor
Cuno's dad/the drugs
Investigating the hidden room in the Whirling-In-Rags
Investigating the bookstore
The 'special' brew in the kitchen
The apartment complex smoking guy
joyce
cindy the skull's art quest

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017

The figures get you an achievement that very few people have gotten on Steam, so this must be trickier than I thought.

You need to take the option to sleep just before confronting the murderer, and then you can offer the figures during a dream sequence. I think you might possibly need to find both of the figures in the game: one is in the pawn shop and the other is in the role-playing game you can buy in the bookstore.

As for the chest armor: you need to find the mug in the trash and then confront Gary with it, which will let you figure out that he put the corpse's clothes in the trash.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Day 5 and about to confront Ruby but the game told me it is kind of a point of no return so I try to do something else for now

What time can I open the door for the union? I put it off but I thought now would be the time.

And do the armor parts come up naturally? So far I found gloves and the undergarment I have a hunch that the helmet is on the island parts I could get to yet but have no idea about the armor or legs (which are in the morgue)

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Can anyone explain why I have 6 volition (3 base, 3 learned), yet because of "-3" damage I end up having 3 vol. Why? Can I get rid of the -3 damage?

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
Day 5 and about to confront Ruby but the game told me it is kind of a point of no return so I try to do something else for now

What time can I open the door for the union? I put it off but I thought now would be the time.

And do the armor parts come up naturally? So far I found gloves and the undergarment I have a hunch that the helmet is on the island parts I could get to yet but have no idea about the armor or legs (which are in the morgue)

I think you can actually open the door whenever it's highlighted in green. It might help you figure out the armor as well... And on that note, don't worry about the helmet but the other piece will be lost if you go confront Ruby. And the boots are definitely gone if you didn't get them before sending the body to the morgue.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone explain why I have 6 volition (3 base, 3 learned), yet because of "-3" damage I end up having 3 vol. Why? Can I get rid of the -3 damage?
For every point of morale damage you have, you will take -1 on Volition checks. You need to heal it off, either by sleeping or using a morale healing item.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
It's possible this is the best written video game ever, so if this is your new standard, prepare for a lonely life.

I do think The Outer Worlds will be well written, at least, and there's a whole different experience to be had playing a first-person game with more "crunch" in the form of gameplay than Disco Elysium, which is a point-and-click adventure game.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I think you can actually open the door whenever it's highlighted in green. It might help you figure out the armor as well... And on that note, don't worry about the helmet but the other piece will be lost if you go confront Ruby. And the boots are definitely gone if you didn't get them before sending the body to the morgue.

Welp, guess I have to pass time now. Time for some books and boardgames it feels like. Any hints about the other piece?

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017

Volition = Morale and Endurance = Health

Damage to either stat knocks it down a point, but you can recharge with meds. Click the number Obote either your health or morale to use a healing item and heal one charge of each stat. You can buy healing items at Frittte for cheap and you'll find heals in the world too.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
For every point of morale damage you have, you will take -1 on Volition checks. You need to heal it off, either by sleeping or using a morale healing item.
Volition = Morale and Endurance = Health

Damage to either stat knocks it down a point, but you can recharge with meds. Click the number Obote either your health or morale to use a healing item and heal one charge of each stat. You can buy healing items at Frittte for cheap and you'll find heals in the world too.
Oh god, im such a dumb ass. Thanks!

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know the name of the artist who did the skill background paintings? I want to hire this person for an album cover. Please get in contact if that's you!

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Nah man, reviewers are saying that the writing is amazing and humor top notch, too. It's basically more polished sci-fi New Vegas spiritual successor we've been waiting for.

Saw the first 30 minutes, and while it was okay and I'm sure it will be fun, the writing and the humor doesn't hold a candle to Disco Elysium.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn man the whole look of the Visual Calculus skill in action is fucking beautiful.... Really well done. I'm so impressed by this game, it's amazing how much work is put into things that a large percent of players will likely never even see in one playthrough, if ever.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
This game is overwhelming. I have no idea what's happening, but it sorta feels like that's intentional. Will it click eventually?

Status
Not open for further replies.