• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
At least I look like a fairly decent cop now.

92552451CF1BA66EC270A9EF3DF06B2C04CAC2BD

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen quite a few legendary Shivers prompts at least.

Yeah, but it feels like you get way more out of Shivers for the flavor text (and at 4 you basically get flavor text all the time). I just got a couple of ridiculously high Shivers prompts but it feels like they're just locking away "weird" paths to problems that also have conventional solutions?

Also, I can't believe I lost my best hat because you get a situation where
you either give away the hat you're currently wearing on the spot with no chance to change it, or feel like a dick

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, but it feels like you get way more out of Shivers for the flavor text (and at 4 you basically get flavor text all the time). I just got a couple of ridiculously high Shivers prompts but it feels like they're just locking away "weird" paths to problems that also have conventional solutions?

Also, I can't believe I lost my best hat because you get a situation where
you either give away the hat you're currently wearing on the spot with no chance to change it, or feel like a dick
By prompts I mean the stuff that comes up automatically in conversations not white/red checks.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
This is the first game I've played where I really want to read the associated novel lol. I want to experience more of this world.

I really do hope the devs get enough money from this to fund a sequel. I read an interview a few days ago where they mentioned considering a sequel with the protagonist as a 5-months pregnant woman, which would be bananas.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
By prompts I mean the stuff that comes up automatically in conversations not white/red checks.

Oh, those.

I don't even remember failing any Shivers checks until I was in the bookstore looking at world maps and stuff. Again, you get a ton of Shivers content at 4.

Also, Volition just had its superstar moment when
Volition calls out every other skill for their sudden lapses in judgment. And this little episode makes even Volition crack up and get paranoid, briefly.

What a perfect realization of what is possible with these game mechanics.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else reminded of Dishonored in both the overall visual aesthetics of the characters and of the city itself?

Not only that, but the way the history/geography of this world is reminiscent of our own, while still being unlike our time at all.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh, those.

I don't even remember failing any Shivers checks until I was in the bookstore looking at world maps and stuff. Again, you get a ton of Shivers content at 4.
Pretty sure you only see very few failed automatic ones, normally you just don't get the ones you miss the difficulty fore. I'm running 0 logic/rhetoric/drama/conceptualization and I pretty much get zero content from them. Shivers gets more.. relevant at higher levels as well.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Up to about 12:00 on the 2nd day and I'm currently sitting at 11 hours played. Really enjoying just taking my time with every interaction and dialogue sequence.

Also just reached a point where a side investigation crossed paths with the main investigation and that was a really great moment.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Soooo I'm at like midnight of day 2 and I don't have enough cash to pay for my room, nothing else I want to pawn, and Frittte is closed. How do I sleep?

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else reminded of Dishonored in both the overall visual aesthetics of the characters and of the city itself?

Not only that, but the way the history/geography of this world is reminiscent of our own, while still being unlike our time at all.
Haven't played it but I totally see it, I gues it's the color palette and textures of the world, it's very much like Dishonored

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I think 4 points is the sweet spot for a lot of skills, at least early on. Makes it so you can pass a check of difficulty 10 over 50% of the time.

Deleted member 4609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bench says 'you can sit here when kim's gone' but he won't leave unless I go in my room, and I can't go in my room because it's locked, because I don't have the money.

As far as I can tell from looking around, not having 20 réal by the second night seems to be a bit of a softlock for now. At that point your only options are to sell stuff, run around looking for containers with cash or reload. They'll probably end up patching in an option to sleep on the bench or car with a penalty.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As far as I can tell from looking around, not having 20 réal by the second night seems to be a bit of a softlock for now. At that point your only options are to sell stuff, run around looking for containers with cash or reload. They'll probably end up patching in an option to sleep on the bench or car with a penalty.

SWEET

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
I paid for a bed the first three nights.

Deleted member 4609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I paid for a bed the first three nights.

Yes, that's what's supposed to happen, and the first night is scripted so that the debt and fee go away no matter what, but there's no failsafe for the second night and apparently no alternative options, which is made worse by the city being largely empty by the time people realize that.

EDIT: That said you can just edit the save file to have more money. We won't tell :P

Last edited:

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, that's what's supposed to happen, and the first night is scripted so that the debt and fee go away no matter what, but there's no failsafe for the second night and apparently no alternative options, which is made worse by the city being largely empty by the time people realize that.

EDIT: That said you can just edit the save file to have more money. We won't tell :P
They should just give an option that lets you sleep outside without recovering health/morale.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
I guess something else could possibly come along, but seems like this is a lock for best world building of 2019. Played it for an hour or two last night and am already immersed in a city and culture that is familiar and bizarre at the same time. I'm kind of in awe at how adept the game is at making completely alien things feel lived in. Deft writing and some of my favorite visuals this year (of all time? It's really pretty.) Couple questionable VO performances but otherwise, wow, this is a special game.

trailmix16

Oct 26, 2017
Im wondering how you would save enough to get the lightpost? I guess most is from picking up change? And wearing the Indirect Modes of Taxation shoes and using that skill?

pay 130 the first night but get both the money from kim then ask joyce? 30 from evret, 100 from rich guy, ~50 from bottles, 200 from around the world

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a limit to the number of days? and what happens if I it ends without me solving the case or getting the ending? (I just started the game)

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Im wondering how you would save enough to get the lightpost? I guess most is from picking up change? And wearing the Indirect Modes of Taxation shoes and using that skill?

pay 130 the first night but get both the money from kim then ask joyce? 30 from evret, 100 from rich guy, ~50 from bottles, 200 from around the world
If you saved up all the green spots until you got the skill, you could probably do it. Would probably have to wait till the end of the game.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
This seemed exactly what I was looking for lately so I'm excited to try this when I finish my xcom 2 modded playthrough

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
I just failed a 96% check, holy crap. Decided to break my rule of no save scumming out of spite. Screw you dice!

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at A point where I'm supposed to be checking traps for the bug, but I dont seem to be able to click in the trap at the start where you get the quest. Am I missing something?

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have become a convincing paranormal investigator. THE THIRD ENTITY IS SOMEWHERE

Status
Not open for further replies.