• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I'm like 5 minutes in and this genuinely has some of the best, funniest writing I've experienced in a video game. The voices from your skills is a brilliant idea.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to come up with a Columbo type character. I'm thinking something like..

I was thinking of either Columbo or a Cumberbatch'esque Sherlock. The latter seems like maybe a 5, 4, 1, 2? Actually, emotionally intelligent doesn't really sound like good ol Sherlock. Maybe 5,2,1,4. Guess that would work for either of them. Already defeated by the character creation, every time.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Unplayable for me on an Intel 620HD at 720p. It runs, but maybe at 15fps.

Damn. I have a gaming PC that would have no problem running it, but it's in the closet because I'm super busy with rad tech school. I was gonna try to play this on a Thinkpad T460, which has integrated graphics with an Intel 520HD. I guess if I bump down the resolution I could maybe get 30fps?

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone good streaming it? Right now half the twitch streamers are too busy looking to the side at their chat like they are in a fucking eye test. Would love to see someone stream it and actually play the game and not the audience the entire time.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
This is so good.

1. Roleplay. Pick the dialogue options that make sense to your character.
2. Do not save scum.
3. Commit to your character.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm 2 hours in and I'm already working on being a sorry communist cop lol

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
lmfao

if you're not won over by

Fuck everything. Hobocop

then this isn't game for you.

and i went

inland empire

pretty content with that choice so far

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Should I be okay with these specs?

Intel Core i7-7700HQ
Quad-Core
GeForce GTX 1050 4GB
8GB DDR4
128GB SSD

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I have a gaming PC that would have no problem running it, but it's in the closet because I'm super busy with rad tech school. I was gonna try to play this on a Thinkpad T460, which has integrated graphics with an Intel 520HD. I guess if I bump down the resolution I could maybe get 30fps?
I lowered everything down to the minimum. Was hovering between 25-30 fps I would guess.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, I'm quite busy with work the next few weeks, but I couldn't resist getting this. Going for a Sherlock-style character...

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
god, i love this game but it really does run like shit on my laptop, even with everything dropped to the minimum. its not... debilitating, but i can imagine during any significant on-screen action itll start chugging even worse. trying to decide if i should just hold off and try to find a cheap gaming PC to be my inaugural CC purchase, or just muddle through. the game is so fantastic but it almost feels disrespectful to try and play through on this rig.

anyway, my stats to start are
INT: 2
PSY: 4
PHY: 4
MOT: 2

my signature skill was Shivers. i was going to go Inland Empire, but Shivers fit my character a little better. im really gonna try to roleplay and be true to character throughout, full on "hulking but emotionally savvy and mature brute" apocalypse cop.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Int: 3
Psy: 4
Phy: 2
Mot: 2

Signature skill is Drama because my soul is fucking immense.

This first playthrough I'll probably just do what I feel like, but I can definitely see myself roleplaying characters later on. Intellectual, straight-edge cop. Total lunatic cop. Dumb brawler cop. Hobo cop. Hell, I'm looking at a "yeah, I think I can get down with racism" dialogue choice right now so might as well try doing a racist POS cop at some point too, if I can manage it.

Either way, the game is very promising after the first hour or so. The writing is immensely fun so far.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
god, i love this game but it really does run like shit on my laptop, even with everything dropped to the minimum. its not... debilitating, but i can imagine during any significant on-screen action itll start chugging even worse. trying to decide if i should just hold off and try to find a cheap gaming PC to be my inaugural CC purchase, or just muddle through. the game is so fantastic but it almost feels disrespectful to try and play through on this rig.

Just wondering what your specs are?

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Y'all marks who want controller support need to get a steam controller already, amazing for games like this on a tv and what I'm using

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow, someone said "napakymppi" in the game, which is "bullseye" in Finnish. GOTY confirmed.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to go

Int: 4
Psy: 5
Phy: 1
Mot: 2

but I'm so worried the low phys is gonna bite me in the ass later ahaha

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try a corrupt cop with Authority as my signature skill, see how it goes.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember folks the game is filled with items and they can add to skill numbers as well as the Thought Cabinet which gives some HUGE bonuses to some skills. Dont fret so much

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going the sensitive way with Inland Empire and I'm not gonna roleplay that much, I'll just see where the game takes me.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers for the first 15 minutes of the game:

I rolled up a character that dumped both physical stats, woke up in my apartment hung over, turned on the overhead light, stared straight at it, and died of a heart attack in the first five minutes of the game.

This game is incredible.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Spoilers for the first 15 minutes of the game:

I rolled up a character that dumped both physical stats, woke up in my apartment hung over, turned on the overhead light, stared straight at it, and died of a heart attack in the first five minutes of the game.

This game is incredible.
Did the same but survived, because I got extremely lucky with my roll

On a deluxe edition
Oct 25, 2017
About the deluxe edition

unknown.png

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I know this is probably what everyone wants to know but:

what is a good stat allocation if I want the best sleuthing and conversation options? I've honestly not read up on the game other than this threadand reviews and I'm getting major paralysis at that initial stat choice lol

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know this is probably what everyone wants to know but:

what is a good stat allocation if I want the best sleuthing and conversation options? I've honestly not read up on the game other than this threadand reviews and I'm getting major paralysis at that initial stat choice lol
All skills are used. Some are hidden checks some are not. Even something like Endurance effects discussion. Half Light and Drama and Persuasion are good.
As are visual calcules and logic. However there is simply no best skill for many things

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I heard this before but now that the game is out I wanted to confirm it - there's a language filter option, right? Anyone tried it yet?

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm playing all the characters from Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia combined, talking about the end of the world, calling myself a superstar, and learning I threw around a stuffed bird which "had it coming".

Maybe it's too early to tell but I don't think I've ever seen this level of writing in a video game. It's incredible.

Oct 25, 2017
8tAvIS4.jpg

I see what you did there

I'm currently not really sure how to spend my skills points since I don't really know what the cap is, how many skill points you can expect to get etc. I guess I'm gonna save them for now

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
this game is absolutely incredible, although I wish there was WASD movement. The click-to-move is way more finicky than old inifinity engine stuff since everything has such a long wind-up animation and it can be a bit frustrating.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
this game is absolutely incredible, although I wish there was WASD movement. The click-to-move is way more finicky than old inifinity engine stuff since everything has such a long wind-up animation and it can be a bit frustrating.
Yeah. It even took me a while to realize you can zoom out which makes movement a bit easier.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I think I will go with:

Psy 4 (+ Inland Empire)
Int 4
Mot 3
Phy 1

Playstyle-wise, I'll keep most of my skills in check, but Psyche skills can go wild. Gonna go on a real deep mind odyssey.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Rhetoric: "Play it calm."
First dialogue choice: "I want a fucking drink, asshole!"

This is seriously amazing.

I heard this before but now that the game is out I wanted to confirm it - there's a language filter option, right? Anyone tried it yet?

I'm not seeing an option for it, but the f-word (as in the homophobic slur, not "fuck") was censored in an early conversation so maybe those are censored. A lot of swearing so far, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.