• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I hope this doesn't come off as port-begging, but I recall hearing console versions were something the devs were considering--do we know if console ports are in development?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
👏🏻Play👏🏻Disco👏🏻Elysium👏🏻

One of the best games of last year.

Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia
I hope this doesn't come off as port-begging, but I recall hearing console versions were something the devs were considering--do we know if console ports are in development?

i was wondering about this too, i only have a macbook pro and a ps4... macbook's fine but it tends to overheat when playing games on steam, so the ps4 version would probably be the one to go for, but being this the perfect quarantine game it's quite hard to wait some more months for the console version...

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
if anyone takes the plunge, how well will this run on a recent-ish MacBook Pro 13" (16gb RAM, 2.3ghz i5 quad, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536MB... not a dedicated GPU)?

I don't game on this machine at all, but I'm impatient to play this one.

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
if anyone takes the plunge, how well will this run on a recent-ish MacBook Pro 13" (16gb RAM, 2.3ghz i5 quad, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB... not a dedicated GPU)?

Steam has no questions asked 2h playtime refund policy.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Definitely interested in picking this up, but am honestly slightly intimidated by how in-depth it looks. Should I just go in blind (in terms of game mechanics) or is it worth knowing a few things before diving in?

Oct 25, 2017
Yay! Bought this to use with GeForce Now, but since that's probably not gonna be viable in the future... Very exciting. Hopefully it'll run on my Air as well as my iMac.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Definitely interested in picking this up, but am honestly slightly intimidated by how in-depth it looks. Should I just go in blind (in terms of game mechanics) or is it worth knowing a few things before diving in?

You wander around and click on environmental objects and people, pick dialogue options, put points into skills and make dice rolls, that's pretty much the game.

Oh! One thing the game may not teach you - if you have 1 point of Health or Morale left and you take Health or Morale damage, you have a window of a few seconds to heal yourself before Game Over happens.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

All I'll say is quicksave often in the early game if you've got low health caps to avoid losing progress to unexpected deaths. Also that you can heal at any time, even mid-conversation.

Otherwise you're good to go. It's a game that thoroughly rejects perfect-play and does some really interesting and fun things with failure.

Deleted member 30935

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
You wander around and click on environmental objects and people, pick dialogue options, put points into skills and make dice rolls, that's pretty much the game.

Oh! One thing the game may not teach you - if you have 1 point of Health or Morale left and you take Health or Morale damage, you have a window of a few seconds to heal yourself before Game Over happens.

All I'll say is quicksave often in the early game if you've got low health caps to avoid losing progress to unexpected deaths. Also that you can heal at any time, even mid-conversation.

Otherwise you're good to go. It's a game that thoroughly rejects perfect-play and does some really interesting and fun things with failure.
Awesome, thanks for the info! Yeah, from what I've read, it's actually more enjoyable if you don't try and be a total badass (if the game would even allow that). Roleplaying a character who fucks up some sounds like a nice change of pace.

Deleted member 30935

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
If nothing else, it will let you play as someone who thinks he's a total badass, which is lot more fun.
Haha, yeah exactly. I'm curious to look into all the stats and see what kind of character I want to play as. I usually like trying to be as good a person as realistically could fit into whatever world I'm in, but I feel like games a lot of times let you get away with too much while being kind. It's definitely appealing that this sounds like a game that will realistically make it a challenge to be a good person.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
if anyone takes the plunge, how well will this run on a recent-ish MacBook Pro 13" (16gb RAM, 2.3ghz i5 quad, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536MB... not a dedicated GPU)?

Not sure about recent, but my 2018 15inch with 560X throttles like a little bitch trying to run Cat Quest 2.
I guess if yours not as hot as mine - give it a try. Also, trying anything on Apple Arcade which has a free period can help.

Mark It Zero!

Apr 24, 2020
Awesome, thanks for the info! Yeah, from what I've read, it's actually more enjoyable if you don't try and be a total badass (if the game would even allow that). Roleplaying a character who fucks up some sounds like a nice change of pace.
I think Disco is more 'roleplaying' than most RPGs because of the different dialogue options and the character traits, plus the dice roll. You could be a sherlock holmes type detective, a hustler, punch first ask dumb questions later, a sentimental and spiritual guy that cries in the middle of an interrogation, and it can change how the quests play out.
The mechanics of the game are fairly straightforward imo, i went in blind and got the hang of it pretty quickly.

Deleted member 30935

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I think Disco is more 'roleplaying' than most RPGs because of the different dialogue options and the character traits, plus the dice roll. You could be a sherlock holmes type detective, a hustler, punch first ask dumb questions later, a sentimental and spiritual guy that cries in the middle of an interrogation, and it can change how the quests play out.
The mechanics of the game are fairly straightforward imo, i went in blind and got the hang of it pretty quickly.
Very cool. I play DnD and World of Darkness tabletop, so I think I'll be okay, but I definitely have trouble digesting a lot of new info thrown at me, especially in regards to stats/abilities and how they relate to roleplaying. I'll just take it slow at the beginning.

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
Yes! I've been waiting for this. Now I know what I'm going to play for the next weeks. Awesome news!

EccoCid

Mar 7, 2018
London
Just got it! Been waiting for this for a while, I thought it would release on macs later in the year, this was a surprise!

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
With the Chinese localisation and now a Mac release, it's good to see they've been keeping up with their post-launch plans. Here's hoping the other planned localisations are in the works.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing there's no chance my 2015 MacBook Pro will play this?
  • MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: i3
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Metal Compatible
    • Storage: 20 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Macbook Air, Mac mini
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: i5
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Dedicated GPU or eGPU
    • Storage: 20 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Macbook Pro, iMac Pro, Mac Pro

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had the chance of playing on their MacBook? Just wondering if it ran ok and if it heated up.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My favorite game released in a very long time, and easily GOTY of 2019. I wish I could get more people to play it.