• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I like that their advice for character building is less about classes and archetypes and more "pick your favourite fictional detective and try to emulate them".

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
First review?
FextraLife - 8.5
In a day and age where social and political issues are subtly weaved into the very fabric of nearly every form of entertainment, Disco Elysium takes them head on without a hint of shyness. Disco Elysium is certainly not a game for those that are faint of heart, but if you have a sense of humor, and you're looking for a breath of fresh air then Disco Elysium is a must buy game. If it doesn't make you laugh out loud a time or three, I'll ride the Cock Carousel.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think I might go for a Sam Vimes-esque build first. Good at understanding the criminal mindset, a streetwise scrappy fighter with a finger on the pulse of the city but perpetually stubborn, cynical and dour.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I like that their advice for character building is less about classes and archetypes and more "pick your favourite fictional detective and try to emulate them".

I wish there was a button that to click that is "Be Samuel Vimes"

edit: 30 seconds before me..
I think I might go for a Sam Vimes-esque build first. Good at understanding the criminal mindset, a streetwise scrappy fighter with a finger on the pulse of the city but perpetually stubborn, cynical and dour.

zc6xf9.gif

Last edited:

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
I've come down on either 5 fysique, 5 intellect + Espirit de Corps, or 4 fysique, 6 intellect + Espirit de Corps.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Been watching a good deal of psych lately, so I'll probably try a character that's max psyche with pretty good intelligence, and pretty meh everything else lmao

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also gonna roleplay myself, which means pumping everything into Drama

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so ridiculously excited for this game. I absolutely love speech checks, and watching some of the preview footage, the writing seems incredible. Succinct and witty.

Been watching a good deal of psych lately, so I'll probably try a character that's max psyche with pretty good intelligence, and pretty meh everything else lmao
It's been a minute since I've watched Psych, but isn't he the walking embodiment of visual calculus? lol

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I argue with (read: shout at) my computer on a daily basis, it makes my code less buggy and better performing

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I really can't decide whether I'm going to emphasize Intellect or Psyche. Both seem super tempting.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I really can't decide whether I'm going to emphasize Intellect or Psyche. Both seem super tempting.
Intellect seems to be better if you want to favor a cop who can gather a lot of info while Psyche makes you better at deciphering and assessing information. I'm leaning towards a cop who (ideally) is great at bluffing and lying and manipulating people because he's pretty terrible at everything else

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of going Physique 6, Motorics 3, Intellect 2, Psyche 1.
A drunk cop who punches and occasionally gives art critiques.
That should work right?
Wondering what to set as a Signature Skill, though.
Physique is already high, so, should you set it in one of the lower attributes?

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017

This doesn't seem like a professional review, just someone with a blog. I associate these guys with Dark Souls and Sekiro walkthroughs and Wiki data, I didn't even know they had a news space let alone did reviews. It really just reads like a preview though, honestly, most of the review is spent explaining how the game is played and then offering up some examples. The only thing he notes here as a criticism seems to be the music,

Audio-wise the music fits the theme fairly well, but isn't overly memorable.
…and the voiced dialog, which he thought was amazing and wants more of it.

The voice acting is phenomenal, and it's really disappointing to get half way through a conversation and the NPC suddenly doesn't have any audio anymore. Please patch the game and do them all! They are great!
(which is a silly request for a small development studio to provide for a million lines of dialog, so maybe the reviewer is new to writing about video games).

Which brings me to my own point, why did he score the game an 8.5 when the only things he didn't seem to enjoy were the music wasn't as good as it could have been and he liked the voice work so much he demands more of it? Were there bugs, did he have problems figuring out where to go? I don't mind an 8.5, it's a great score for a game of this size, but I can't figure out why it didn't get higher given his lack of (meaningful) concerns? He scores the Gameplay an 8 - again, not a bad score or anything, but what brought it down two full points? Did the reviewer run into issues with the gameplay?

I posted this on the review site as well as a comment, but it hasn't shown up yet so it seems they curate their comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.