• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
"The immediate plan, and this is why I won't go on a holiday anytime soon, is to get Disco Elysium to as many people as possible," Kurvitz said. "We're going to port it next year to PlayStation and Xbox. We need to be very hands-on with the design of that. We don't want to hire a porting company. We think it really is going to lend itself very well to console play because you don't need to go over minute tactics and use a mouse because it's very narrative in its nature."

Kurvitz is also working on translating the game into Chinese and several European languages. An English translation of Sacred and Terrible Air, the novel by Kurvitz that serves as the game's source material, is likewise forthcoming.

Disco Elysium tells the story of an alcoholic, partially amnesiac cop who has to solve a murder in the fictional city of Revachol. The game revolves almost completely around dialogue and skill checks, not being about combat

escapist magazine

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see it confirmed officially. As many people as possible should be able to play it.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news!

Easily my GOTY.

So glad more audiences will get to experience this masterpiece.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That was quick. Interesting that they're doing it themselves, but if it gives them more oversight on the quality of the ports and saves a bit of money in the process, I can understand it. I'm not sure how much it would cost a porting company compared to the cost of a DIY port, especially for a small independent team.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Great to hear that they are bringing it to consoles - for some reason i though this was coming to Switch as well or already has been confirmed.

Does the game run on Unity or what engine did they use ?

Dlanor A. Knox

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Apr 6, 2018
Kurvitz is also working on translating the game into Chinese and several European languages.

Hell yes! Glad I stopped playing. I want to do this in my native language, the writing is too good for me. xD

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. All of the really good buzz around the game has made me excited, and I'll definitely check it out then next year.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
cover2.jpg

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
There's a lot of text in the game, right? I wonder if it will be comfortable to read it from TV. Anyway, that's good news.

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
this rules, really happy some of my console only friends are gonna get to play this now. definitely gonna double dip myself too.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Awesome. I hope this game is a resounding success for them, because I'm already anticipating whatever they come out with next.

OP
OP
Kolx

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of text in the game, right? I wonder if it will be comfortable to read it from TV. Anyway, that's good news.
They have a slider to increase or decrease the font size in the PC version. No reason to believe they won't have it for consoles as well.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
awesome news. more exposure for this glorious game.

hopefully it's a big success and they can give us more!

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Port Begging
Cool interested in the PS4 version, but could also be a good match for Switch. Any chance of a version on that?

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious about this game, I've seen a little bit about it but still need to play it.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I was hoping to hear this after the positive reception it's received. My laptop could maybe borderline run this, but rather than risk it bursting into flames, I'll wait for the console port.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Been hearing lots of good buzz about this game, just gotta wait for the next paycheck. Good to hear it can reach even more people.