• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Granzella has announced Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories for Nintendo Switch, a Switch port of the August 2018-released PlayStation 4 title. It will launch in September in Japan for 6,480 yen.

Additionally, the company announced that the "After-Story" add-on for the PlayStation 4 version of the game will be released in late May in Japan. Details about the add-on will be shared when a final release date has been announced.
https://gematsu.com/2019/05/disaste...apan-ps4-after-story-dlc-launches-in-late-may

trailer -

It'll be nice to see another Switch technical marble just like how ARK was.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Game runs like ass on PS4. Very curious to see how this is running.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect this being ported to Switch. I wonder if this increases the odds of the game being localized.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Adding "for Nintendo Switch" to Switch ports is an annoying trend that needs to stop. Just call it what it's called.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
huh there you go.. it's never been released outside of Sony platforms right?

I think it's the first time anything in the Disaster Report series has appeared outside the Sonyverse.

I assume the OP using the Disaster Report name is for convenience, and everything they're using is using the Zettai Zetsumei Toshi branding?

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
I love this series. I truly do. Disaster Report and Raw Danger! make up a couple of my favourite PS2 games ever.

Really hoping this gets an English translation.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't there another Japanese disaster game that has Ultraman and the EVA units and all sorts of weird stuff? I kinda like how sedate and chill this looks, but I wanna know what's up with that zany game.

Isn't there another Japanese disaster game that has Ultraman and the EVA units and all sorts of weird stuff? I kinda like how sedate and chill this looks, but I wanna know what's up with that zany game.
That's City Shrouded in Shadow. That came out before this did, but it seems like its chances of getting localized are close to nonexistent at this point due to all the licensing.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Disaster Report can also be used to describe the hypothetical Digital Foundry analysis considering how it runs on PS4.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Granzella game means it will never come out of Japan. These guys don't want the rest of the world to enjoy their games

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm not convinced that trailer content is actually running on a Switch. It looks too good to be true (both in visuals and framerate). It's already a slideshow on PS4. With similar visuals, it would be Disaster Report 4 fps for Nintendo Switch instead.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember DR4 running that bad on PS4. 30FPS, felt like 60FPS sometimes. Didn't drop anywhere near as bad as City Shrouded in Shadow did in places (now that was a mess, but oh so good at the same time, so I can forgive it). Only part of DR4 I remember running really bad was in one area early on in the game with dozens of NPCs walking about. Then a bridge collapses crushing the NPCs and the frame rate fixed itself. So it all evened itself out!

The game itself is ok. I really didn't like the endings one bit, the rest of the story I liked up to that point. But the game focuses more on the drama, less on the set pieces, so anyone expecting the game to be as set piece heavy as DR1 or 2 would probably be disappointed.

I preferred City Shrouded in Shadow myself, that game runs worse but has some awesome set pieces with lots of Kaiju.

Oct 30, 2017
hell yeah. never got around to ZZT4 but i assume the framerate was inappropriately high — this should be a much better fit.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of these games. Trailer looks interesting what type of gameplay?
Basically each game has you stuck in a city that suffers a natural disaster (first, third and fourth games are earthquakes, second game is a massive flood, City Shrouded in Shadow is Godzilla - no really!)

Gameplay wise is just you trying to survive as you unravel the plots mystery. The games all have a great sense of humor as well, with some fantastic dialogue choices that could involve stealing a Chef's hat as he holds on for dear life.

The games are janky - both in controls and performance, but they have an odd charm to them, very unique and very fun to play.

Nerfed Llamas

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I didn't realize I needed a portable earthquake survival simulator until today. If Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories gets an English localization, whether through an official Western release or a multi-language Asian release, I'll pick it up on Nintendo Switch. I haven't thought about Disaster Report since the ye olde PS2 days but I'd relish an opportunity to play the latest game in the series.

Dec 23, 2017
Basically each game has you stuck in a city that suffers a natural disaster (first, third and fourth games are earthquakes, second game is a massive flood, City Shrouded in Shadow is Godzilla - no really!)

Gameplay wise is just you trying to survive as you unravel the plots mystery. The games all have a great sense of humor as well, with some fantastic dialogue choices that could involve stealing a Chef's hat as he holds on for dear life.

The games are janky - both in controls and performance, but they have an odd charm to them, very unique and very fun to play.
There is a plot of a natural disaster?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
meh

the game is ass to be honest, would rather granzella just bring over manga kakeru and city shrouded in shadows