• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm liking anthem but yeah it's not better then destiny 2. At most it's a better casual pve experience then destiny 2 if you already played the hell out of destiny 2. For me it's a better then the Season pass for D2 and that's why I'm enjoying it.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Post a single interesting armour loot from Anthem.
Ia0YNNG.png

Not even particularly good, yet it creates actual new gameplay opportunities, and unlike a destiny exotic you can equip six different components, 2 special abilities (of which you have 3 types per slot), a support ability, and 2 guns. IE: you can actually make a fucking build. In Destiny you can pray you get one of the 5 guns that actually changes how you play the game, and one piece of armor that might do something remotely interesting (but probably not). Also the secondary stats on the items barely increase your capability, making them a min/max dream but not remotely to the level they should be. For instance that one I posted has support speed (good) and thruster life (bad), but since the other options are actually substantial it means there's a LOT of room for that single item to grow. This makes it so that you can both get interesting loot early, and STILL have interesting loot to chase later.

More importantly, unlike destiny, because there's so many slots for these items, it's relatively simple for them to just add more and have it actually open the game up. In Destiny if they add a new exotic it has to strictly be superior to the ONE you're using already or it might as well not exist, which is not a sustainable method of loot expansion. The game is flat out not built for interesting loot. They have to completely revamp it and let you use every exotic you want for that to be a thing. "Interesting" exotics that don't directly increase your power serve no purpose under the current system, which is a huge shame. Look at Diablo 3 if you want to see how you can have builds that let you put utility items in to really great effect since you have similarly high amounts of gear. It makes a huge difference. Is Anthem all the way there? No, but it also just came out. I can certainly already do more with my character in it than I can in Destiny 2, however.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It is when "Hey Destiny 2 is $20" would have sufficed most as well and been less clickbait.

God forbid the reaction if someone posted "Disappointed by Dark Souls? Lords of the Fallen is $5." But I guess it's okay just because one game reviewed higher and doesn't have ERAs insane ire?
More than happy to dig up all the pre-release threads of posters using Anthem as a stick to beat Destiny with.

Anthem was going to be the Destiny killer since 2017 after that fraud gameplay from E3

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you're already going to get absolutely blown the fuck up by everyone else for the rest of the duration of this thread so I don't see why I should pile on even more.
Nice reasoning for being a dick. Nobody has actually responded to it yet but one person, so nah.
These. Hopeful for the promising Division 2, but not quite convinced it's our savior (yet). Destiny 2 is in a great spot for those that are already heavily invested, not so much for newcomers.
Every time Massive makes a deep dive into a Division 2 system, it seems like they really 'get' what was wrong with Division 1 and learned from their ongoing improvements to it. Obviously we won't know until itr hits, but Division 2 honestly looks like the only one of these loot shooters ever that is actually going to be correct out of the gate.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More than happy to dig up all the pre-release threads of posters using Anthem as a stick to beat Destiny with.

Anthem was going to be the Destiny killer since 2017 after that fraud gameplay from E3

And it was wrong of them, too. That's my whole point. This forum has a weird obsession with shitting on something else to promote what they like.

"Fortnite is shit, play Apex Legends!"
"DmC is crap, play Ninja Gaiden!"
"Witcher 3 is shit, play Bloodborne!"

It's like people here are incapable of complimenting without insulting in the same breath.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It is when "Hey Destiny 2 is $20" would have sufficed most as well and been less clickbait.

God forbid the reaction if someone posted "Disappointed by Dark Souls? Lords of the Fallen is $5." But I guess it's okay just because one game reviewed higher and doesn't have ERAs insane ire?
Careful, don't go against the bandwagon. It's super cool to hate Anthem right now and you really don't want to stir up trouble by pointing out yet another instance of needless, opportunistic passive aggression.

OP knew what they were doing, same as everyone defending them.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
TheYanger thinks a game where you can't change loot whilst playing the game, or manage loot whilst in the field in a game where your inventory has a cap, is a better looter/shooter than D2 or Warframe??? LMAO

Delusional. And blocked. More than likely some shill EA marketing account. I knew guys in EA social media teams who did stuff like this all day, so I wouldnt be surprised (I'm former EA).

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
TheYanger thinks a game where you can't change loot whilst playing the game, or manage loot whilst in the field in a game where your inventory has a cap, is a better looter/shooter than D2 or Warframe??? LMAO

Delusional. And blocked. More than likely some shill EA marketing account. I knew guys in EA social media teams who did stuff like this all day, so I wouldnt be surprised (I'm former EA).
Your inventory has a much much smaller cap in Destiny 2. You also can't change your gear mid-rift in Diablo 3, is Diablo suddenly worse than Destiny 2? what a joke post.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And it was wrong of them, too. That's my whole point. This forum has a weird obsession with shitting on something else to promote what they like.

It's like people here are incapable of complimenting without insulting in the same breath.
I share your sentiments, I feel a lot of games can in fact co-exist and as soon as Anthem is fixed I plan to buy it.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

He is spot on about the possibilities for customization though. Destiny has almost zero customization. You are very much locked to a skill build and exotics are hardly a build but more of a which exact weapon is best atm.
Anthems custom parts actually alter your skills and even play style. Outside of cosmetics Anthems customization is far more interesting.

On topic: The deal is great. Worth it for Forsaken alone.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I share your sentiments, I feel a lot of games can in fact co-exist and as soon as Anthem is fixed I plan to buy it.
It's actually already significantly better than it was in early access. A LOT of the criticism is leftover from that phase. Fair criticism at that point and I don't blame you for continuing to wait, but there's a solid product there already. Either way, enjoy it if you do get into it.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
He is spot on about the possibilities for customization though. Destiny has almost zero customization. You are very much locked to a skill build and exotics are hardly a build but more of a which exact weapon is best atm.
Anthems custom parts actually alter your skills and even play style. Outside of cosmetics Anthems customization is far more interesting.
This is false,

Destiny, especially after Forsaken, may not be as deep in custom builds as Anthem, but to say it has no customisation or builds is false. Random rolled armour and weapons have specs that completely change how you play.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
That time part is a big one. I like Warframe, but if you're strictly going F2P, you're going to be wasting a lot of time getting what you want.
I actually get things faster when I play to get what I want in Warframe. I started by doing alerts for good value items like Animal Instinct (at the time 20 platinum each), then I go to limited window events like the Acolytes ($$$$$$$). I totally bypassed a lot of the loot drop wishing stuff with the guaranteed alerts, and events. Now I would add in rivens from alerts, Fortuna kit gun stuff (this one may have passed since it's been out so long), sell fish or metals too.

Don't play when you don't feel like it as well, have some goal. My last was Octavia (bard music frame) and maxing out everything for her, she's a beast now. When something like Acolytes show up then the grind for their drops are worth it, you'll be swimming in plat, buying anything you want that's not some top of the line riven. I don't even do Sorties and that most likely have so much more platinum opportunities.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has put around 800 hours into Destiny 2, I'd argue that right now it is not in a particularly good place. This current DLC model we have now, along with the actual content and sheer amount of time-gated stuff, is flat-out terrible. Not taking into consideration that if you don't have the annual pass you're treated like a second class citizen.

Forsaken brought the game back into such a fantastic place, and this new DLC (or content drop as others say) has hurt the game yet again.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This is false,

Destiny, especially after Forsaken, may not be as deep in custom builds as Anthem, but to say it has no customisation or builds is false. Random rolled armour and weapons have specs that completely change how you play.

Nah you are still locked into the same skills. You might get to use your grenades or shields more often, but it's hardly a customization. At least compared to other loot games like Path of Exile, Diablo, ESO, Anthem

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America

On topic: The deal is great. Worth it for Forsaken alone.

Is the potential for customization there? Absolutely. Is it there now? Is it there anywhere in the 90 day or even year roadmap? Nah, nothing indicates their 'loot 2.0' is anytime soon.

I remain hopeful that Anthem will correct its course, but we cannot bank on the promises of either BW or EA - why people are taking observed potential for guaranteed to be on its way is beyond me. Play whats in front of you now, not what we can merely speculate might come someday.

Nah you are still locked into the same skills. You might get to use your grenades or shields more often, but it's hardly a customization. At least compared to other loot games like Path of Exile, Diablo, ESO, Anthem

You are locked into the same fixed skill trees, but the forsaken skill trees are all incredibly versatile and the exotics that were introduced in Forsaken & updated prior to Forsaken dropping, both class armor exotics & even some weapon exotics, have enhanced or completely revamped playstyles, loadouts, and made certain skill trees far more interesting.

What Destiny's loot doesn't let you do is get granular with the traits or stats, and thats shouldn't be confused with what Anthem does, which is essentially what Diablo 3 at launch did, where very little of the gear actually augmented skills beyond numbers. Current Diablo 3 loot changes entire builds & creates synergy with skills & stats that otherwise doesn't exist. Anthem's gear could get there, but it isn't there now, and there is simply no way to tell whether or not they will get there or when.

The livestream the other day indicated the loot sets weren't even something on their radar yet, and armor sets are a fundamental part of Diablo 3's current loot system. The truth is, Bioware has a TON of technical stuff they need to tackle before they can even begin to start trying to build on this foundation.

Last edited:

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017

It's all about being the superior person in the conversation. Always riding that high horse and looking like a smug asshole and such. I do enjoy Destiny 2 a lot more than I did Anthem in the ten hour trial, but that won't stop me from getting it at a lower price and hopefully with better stuff to do.

Hell, one of the reasons I don't ever look for gaming partners in here is that people go fucking apeshit insane against Xbox and it's my main console right now followed with PC and PS4. People in ERA can be tribal as fuck.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Is the potential for customization there? Absolutely. Is it there now? Is it there anywhere in the 90 day or even year roadmap? Nah, nothing indicates their 'loot 2.0' is anytime soon.

I remain hopeful that Anthem will correct its course, but we cannot bank on the promises of either BW or EA - why people are taking observed potential for guaranteed to be on its way is beyond me. Play whats in front of you now, not what we can merely speculate might come someday.

There is plenty of customization is the game already.
The big issue with Anthems loot is that you the look of your javelin doesn't change. But there is a ton of options to tinker with builds.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
You can get all of the cosmetics for free in Destiny too.
That's nice, I would say it's expected for a pay to play game, but after things like Street Fighter 4 and above making alternate costumes DLC only I wouldn't have been surprised. Even Final Fantasy XIV, and subscription based MMO ended up selling extra costumes. Things are getting nuts for pay to play games.

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
Maybe you should try current D2 instead of just talking misinformed shit about it. The game is in no way what it was at launch. Its an entirely different game now and all the better for it; easily the best point in terms of quality the franchise has ever been in.
Misinformed shit? What was misinformed? Destiny 2 launched and was a shit show that was in no shape or form better then destiny one. And it took forever for destiny 1 to even be good. I don't enjoy shelling out hundreds of dollars per installment to finally get a decent game. I bought both destiny's on launch. I stopped destiny 2 after a couple months cause I didn't want to wait years and spend a couple hundred dollars for bungie to get their head out their ass. That's not misinformed. That's just not being a blind fanboy for destiny. My opinion is it's not a good game. I didn't insult anyone. Get over it. You saying it's the best the franchise has ever been isn't glowing praise cause the franchise has been utter shit

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought about buying the Forsaken this morning because I saw it was on sale. I'm glad I stumbled on this thread because I was unsure if I needed to buy the annual pass or not, but since it looks like it's not that 20 dollar edition is insta-bought.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Misinformed shit? What was misinformed? Destiny 2 launched and was a shit show that was in no shape or form better then destiny one. And it took forever for destiny 1 to even be good. I don't enjoy shelling out hundreds of dollars per installment to finally get a decent game. I bought both destiny's on launch. I stopped destiny 2 after a couple months cause I didn't want to wait years and spend a couple hundred dollars for bungie to get their head out their ass. That's not misinformed. That's just not being a blind fanboy for destiny. My opinion is it's not a good game. I didn't insult anyone. Get over it. You saying it's the best the franchise has ever been isn't glowing praise cause the franchise has been utter shit

You're right - Destiny 2's endgame at launch was terrible. But guess what? You can't even play that game anymore - it simply doesn't exist. A new person going into playing Destiny 2 right now isn't playing D2 launch. In fact, they straight up give you a level boost to let you circumvent all of the content from D2 Year 1. So no, a new player doesn't play or interact not even with the remaining pillars of what was that awful endgame.

You're being disingenuous because you're attacking Destiny with a version of it that is no longer the version of Destiny being played, and if you are at all familiar or kept up with the franchise in the last year or so, you'd know that.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I actually thought about buying the Forsaken this morning because I saw it was on sale. I'm glad I stumbled on this thread because I was unsure if I needed to buy the annual pass or not, but since it looks like it's not that 20 dollar edition is insta-bought.
Yeah, the annual pass is nice for giving additional things to work towards in the post-game, but I wouldn't say it's essential, at least not yet. And as others have said, by the time you get to the point where you could even access the content from it, it will probably have gone on sale. Anyone who's just now getting into the game shouldn't even think about the pass for a while due to just how end-gamey it is.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the annual pass is nice for giving additional things to work towards in the post-game, but I wouldn't say it's essential, at least not yet. And as others have said, by the time you get to the point where you could even access the content from it, it will probably have gone on sale. Anyone who's just now getting into the game shouldn't even think about the pass for a while due to just how end-gamey it is.
Nice. I'm sure it'll take me some time to get through all the content I've missed on since playing D2 at launch, so I'm good with waiting for a sale on it.

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
It's always nice when you sort of people just blurt out that you're not even attempting to argue in good faith
I can easily argue it in good faith. If you enjoyed spending a couple hundred bucks to finally have it be a decent game good on you. I don't and that easily factors in my a
You're right - Destiny 2's endgame at launch was terrible. But guess what? You can't even play that game anymore - it simply doesn't exist. A new person going into playing Destiny 2 right now isn't playing D2 launch. In fact, they straight up give you a level boost to let you circumvent all of the content from D2 Year 1. So no, a new player doesn't play or interact not even with the remaining pillars of what was that awful endgame.

You're being disingenuous because you're attacking Destiny with a version of it that is no longer the version of Destiny being played, and if you are at all familiar or kept up with the franchise in the last year or so, you'd know that.
Lol the endgame wasn't the only problem with the game. But alright. And now we're only judging the game based off if your a new player? I don't enjoy shelling out hundreds of dollars for a game that a developer went backwards on. And that easily factors into my opinion of a game. That's not disengenous. That's being fed up paying hella money for bungie to finally figure shit out that should've been figured out a long time ago. Nothing about destiny 2 screams sequel. The story sucked, they got rid of your progress in the first one, the levels were super small and reused the same areas for every single mission. It's a boring game

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You trying to re-write history?

Destiny 2 launched to very good feedback, it has 84-5 across open critic and meta critic.

It was in a very, very good state. The issues became apparent toward end-game that the game was a too casual friendly, but the initial release was strong.

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
Every time Massive makes a deep dive into a Division 2 system, it seems like they really 'get' what was wrong with Division 1 and learned from their ongoing improvements to it. Obviously we won't know until itr hits, but Division 2 honestly looks like the only one of these loot shooters ever that is actually going to be correct out of the gate.
Agreed. That last deep dive into Division 2's social and clan improvements was incredible(think there's an ERA thread on it). If successfully implemented, I hope other GaaS titles will follow suite.

Oct 26, 2017
Actually started playing Desitny 2 last week and it has been a lot of fun, on PC the old campaign content is something you just want to move through fairly quickly because I couldn't really find anyone to do old strikes with but even just doing the campaigns has been quite fun. Free roam is fine though, a lot of people in each area and I spent quite a lot of time doing that as well

I just reached Forsaken today and things keep getting better and better.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I should have Destiny 2 base game from when it was in PS+ in September, and I see the Forsaken bundle of Curse of Osiris + Warmind + Forsaken is $19.99 on PSN for another week or so. Is there more paid content after that?

If I just want to solo it (or use match-making if it has that), how is the game? I played Destiny 1 and I got so tired of having to lfg for Nightfalls and Raids. I can't be bothered with that any more.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I should have Destiny 2 base game from when it was in PS+ in September, and I see the Forsaken bundle of Curse of Osiris + Warmind + Forsaken is $19.99 on PSN for another week or so. Is there more paid content after that?

If I just want to solo it (or use match-making if it has that), how is the game? I played Destiny 1 and I got so tired of having to lfg for Nightfalls and Raids. I can't be bothered with that any more.

You will have to use external means to find groups for nightfalls, raids, and certain missions.

The campaign, strikes, pvp, gambit can all be played solo.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018

I would avoid it. Game is infinitely better with a buddy. Its not a single player game.

However if you can find a bud or family member you'll have a great time.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

The annual pass is separate, but Forsaken is you'll need, for now, tons of solo-able content

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just talking about the lore/tool tips.

NP, I wasn't being overly serious hence the wink emote. Just meant it was already explained.

The problem I have with WF is that it all feels far too floaty. I love the concept of all the various parts, but it doesn't feel connected to the environment and the shooting really lacks impact.

Compare it to Destiny where you get a sense of weight and impact and connection WITH responsiveness, and it's just night and day to me.

Saying this, I have been inspired to try WF again. last time I installed I tried one mission and then looked at all the convoluted stuff I had to learn and noped out. This time I will try to give it a good go.

Any recommendations to someone who hasn't played properly since the Nekros update?
Only do the requirements to go to the next planet. Unless you find a weapon or warframe blueprint that you want but don't have enough materials for yet, though even then try to progress through the junction's objectives while collecting materials if you can.

Put things in the forge, aka oven, and forget it instead of waiting on it to finish. Put multiple things in the oven. I have many weapons in the forge and that's free space.

Oh and don't worry about Mastery Rank after about level 3 or 5. There are a lot of great weapons that don't require a big mastery rank, I'm parked at 12, and I don't care to increase it even further. It's not that important I think.

Unlocking the planets give you access to limited time events, and good exp areas. You could ask people to taxi you to the planets but I never done that so I have no experience with it. Example, if a big money item dropping Acolyte is out in the wild, and he's on some planet you have no access to, if you don't get a person to take you there so you can kill him for the drops, that's gauranteed loot/platinum that you don't have access to.

Need credits? Have Rhino (early warframe to unlock, also get him and power through the junctions) and do the Index on Neptune (easy or medium risk). Don't try to 100%, and avoid stuff you find boring. Only do what you feel like doing, even if that means not playing Warframe. That's what I do hah, waiting on the melee update to jump back in since I feel capped on what I want to do.

If you want to know if your mods are worth selling or turning into endo, look at "warframe.market". Trading is fast with warframe.market. Get plat with your drops, buy things you want but don't have access to yet. I did this and got strong fast.

With Nekros you'd want his syndicate mods, Despoil for more loot chances, and Shield of Shadows for survivability with the corpses taking up to 90% of your damage. I passively do syndicate with normal exp from just doing events, but today I'd just sell something and buy them for cheap on trade chat. Until you're able to get those mods you can function with his corpse army since they are good at distracting enemies, Nekros is squishy without good defensive mods like Shield of Shadows though. I used to use Health Conversion, and Despoil + some health and more armor mods to solo the cheap one shotters in Rathuum (arena where the boss enemies are immune to a lot of your abilities). It worked well when I had a snowball effect going (lots of kills, lots of health orbs dropping to keep my armor fed). Nekros is awesome, even if he's not high end geared people will like having him around.

UPgQ8zl.png
YC9OAyu.png

Last edited:

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
You trying to re-write history?

Destiny 2 launched to very good feedback, it has 84-5 across open critic and meta critic.

It was in a very, very good state. The issues became apparent toward end-game that the game was a too casual friendly, but the initial release was strong.
No. Good for reviews. There were tons of people who didn't like it. Again the story was garbage and the mission structure was boring cause it reused the same paths as other missions. Again destiny 2 was a basically a garbage expansion for destiny one. Was it in a better state then destiny one when destiny one launched? Sure. Destiny one got good reviews too. Doesn't make it a good game

OP
OP
Mcfrank

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
No. Good for reviews. There were tons of people who didn't like it. Again the story was garbage and the mission structure was boring cause it reused the same paths as other missions. Again destiny 2 was a basically a garbage expansion for destiny one. Was it in a better state then destiny one when destiny one launched? Sure. Destiny one got good reviews too. Doesn't make it a good game

I wish people could understand that not everything is garbage or the best thing ever

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I would avoid it. Game is infinitely better with a buddy. Its not a single player game.
Disagree entirely. There's hundreds of hours of content that's enjoyable solo. I'd recommend anyone play with people so they get to do the raids and the more challenging activities but otherwise there's still a lot to be enjoyed on your own or with randoms.

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
I wish people could understand that not everything is garbage or the best thing ever
Which I do understand. I wish people would realize that there are different opinions. There's tons of games that aren't my favorite but I still like. And games I don't like but don't hate. Destiny and destiny 2 are garbage for me. But no go ahead and take me saying destiny 2 is garbage as I don't understand. People on this thread seriously can't deal with someone who thought destiny was trash. It's pathetic. Acting like you guys worked on this game or had something seriously invested in this game

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Yeah if you are thinking of getting anthem, destiny complete edition for 20 is the way to go. Warframe is a good alternative.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's crazy what turn the game took after the crappy start. Can't wait for D3 with bungie off the lead now.
You know it's not going to be great right? With destiny 1 and 2 both performing terribly at the start and burning a lot of good will each time until a pivotal moment a year or so after launch, the writing is on the wall. Heck people in here are doing the same song and dance that we did with both Destiny 1 and 2 as they did with Anthem saying it'll get better it will get better don't worry. Do people not remember how Bungie straight up fucked people over who didn't buy the first expansion by barring them from normal content they paid for?

The dream-like state some have for Destiny is nuts. The game is fucking fantastic now, like Taken King, but yeesh everyone buries the skeletons quick and tells others not to look under the carpet.