• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
All I know is this is the closest the series has gotten back to DiRT 2, from the looks of it.
And that's my favorite racing game of all time.

So bring it.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
DiRT 2 is my all time favorite racing game and I loved Pacific Rift, the game looks beautiful clearly Evolution magic is at work, and Dirt series needed that kind of jump in graphical fidelity.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Graphically wasnt expecting much given its 120fps on consoles but those visuals are underwhelming to say the least. Ray traced reflections are nice

dieter

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited, graphics look great (youtube is butchering some of this footage it seems) and exactly what I need in terms of an arcady rallycross game to enjoy with friends. 4 player split screen is huge too, might make me double dip on PC and Console.

dieter

Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Dirt 5 Previews

here's the EZA one with Bloodworth. will update here shortly Team VVV IGN https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-22-dirt-5-feels-more-like-a-new-motorstorm-than-a-new-dirt-and-thats-okay#comments Eurogamer Locations featured: Arizona Brazil Norway mods lock if old couldn't find...

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like a bright, fun arcade racing game.

Never bought a Dirt game before (maybe I had one on PSN at one point), but I may get this because I loved the arcade handling in Driveclub, and this has Evolution employees.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I like what I'm seeing, but it's going to get lost in the fall lineup. This would have been a great release for August.

dieter

Oct 27, 2017
I like what I'm seeing, but it's going to get lost in the fall lineup. This would have been a great release for August.
Yeah, although with Project Cars 3 launching "this summer", which is also on the arcade side, I'm guessing they didn't want DIRT5 to be too close to that. The concern is when the new Forza game will launch, which I suspect will be at the same time (Forza 7 launched October 3rd, Horizon 4 launched October 2nd). Then again, maybe they know when the next gen consoles will launch and expect Forza to be at the same time (most likely mid November), so this gives them 4-6 weeks, which is a good gap.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Graphically wasnt expecting much given its 120fps on consoles but those visuals are underwhelming to say the least. Ray traced reflections are nice

not sure if serious.
The game has a 120fps mode on next gen console. It isn't 120fps on current gen. Default framerate will be 60fps

also, the footage here is strictly current gen. It looks great.

Oct 27, 2017
What I'm seeing here reminds me of Sega Rally (2007 game). Console versions looked really great for their time (but I only played the PSP version which was good too in its own regard), and this game gives me a similar vibe. And it's curious that it seemingly is not running on Codemasters' EGO engine, but rather on former Evolution Studios tech. Hope this game turns out very well ;)

Oct 29, 2017
I loved DiRT 2 and I love how they have two separate series for different people, I enjoyed DiRT 2-3 but I definitely felt bad for the more hardcore fans.

The game looks decent, their engine is aging rapidly though. 120FPS mode is the right choice in this situation, I just wish I could experience it.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Eurogamer compares ir to Motorstorm, which is great in my book.

I tend to unwrap my consoles with a racing game. It's a tradition since Ridge Racer. This will be the one unless GT7 is a launch title.

Feb 8, 2018
Looks ok so far, i'm more impressed by the gameplay than the trailer. There is no reason this wouldn't be on my radar.

Last edited:

catashtrophe

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So did people from Evolution studios go to Codemasters and to Slightly Mad as both games have had people say it's got Driveclub vibe to it

Jun 17, 2018
Is anybody else sad that there seems to not be any tesselation effects on the actual dirt? I remember i specifically bought an amd5850 to have that setting on in dirt 2...

Im currently playing dirt 4 on ps4pro, thanks to ps now and im having SO much fun! Not the rally parts, but the fun tracks with crazy vehicles...

agiantsheep

Oct 27, 2017
Did they forget to put in motion blur? You can't have a racing game without motion blur. Even at 120fps.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i'm in, but mainly because of the lack of launch software on Xsx. Really looks like horizon without the open world (which is fine). 120 fps is great news too

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Awww yisss
FakeHappyDiscus-max-1mb.gif