• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm sorry to have disappointed you, genuinely I am.
Things are trickier than usual (console launches are always rough of course - things tend to come in hot!) and on top of that there are just a lot of platforms to tackle.
You can expect a patch to correct these things in a few days time, I can't give you an exact date/time because the platform holders are all busy too and things take a little while to get through certification but rest assured, we're trying to meet your expectations as quickly as possible.
Today, I can only apologise for disappointing.

I'm pretty impressed with the PS5 version in resolution mode mate, it's genuinely one of the best next gen showcases with the haptic triggers, high frame rate, weather effects and 3D music. The handling model is incredibly satisfying too especially with the Dual Sense. Only minor complaints I have is that there is some minor screen tearing and the audio is a little bit too muffled in cockpit mode.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
man im legit thinking of buying the ps5 version also when i get my console on the 19th. finished the pc version and it was great, i wanna play more and it feels like the best showcase for the adaptive triggers based on what ppl are saying

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
man im legit thinking of buying the ps5 version also when i get my console on the 19th. finished the pc version and it was great, i wanna play more and it feels like the best showcase for the adaptive triggers based on what ppl are saying

I was playing it on PS4 prior and the Dual Sense haptic triggers really do make a big difference. Not everyone game does but this and Astro Bot actually use it properly.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I'd wait for the patch next patch just to be sure. I regret not getting it on Series X. PS5 doesn't have VRR so between that, game freezing and some occasional tearing just know the state of affairs. It's clear the priority was the Xbox Series X/S. I do appreciate the honesty and hard work of TechBoss

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Is it as impressive looking and have as good a feel as FH4?

I love what they did with FH4 but I've played the shit out of it for two years and looking for a new challenge but want something to show off my series x.
Thx
Yes it more impressive looking the FH4. Some of the courses are truly amazing. Though there are some courses that look bland.

IMO it will be right up your alley.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'd wait for the patch next patch just to be sure. I regret not getting it on Series X. PS5 doesn't have VRR so between that, game freezing and some occasional tearing just know the state of affairs. It's clear the priority was the Xbox Series X/S. I do appreciate the honesty and hard work of TechBoss

I don't see the priority was the Series X when the game has Tempest audio support and one of the best Dual Sense implementations there is.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see the priority was the Series X when the game has Tempest audio support and one of the best Dual Sense implementations there is.
You make a good point. I should have said performance optimization maybe leaned toward Xbox. I had to tone down the Dual Sense tension it was hurting my hands. It is impressive with amount of customization of the haptics. Does the game lock up after you finish a race in image quality mode?

TechBoss

Technical Director @ Codemasters Cheshire
Verified
May 7, 2020
..some occasional tearing...

Me again! :)
Just to say, this is definitely fixed to the same quality as Xbox Series X in the next patch also. (I didn't write the code but I did review it.)

EDIT: Just to say, I really appreciate the enthusiasm on ResetEra for DIRT 5. I've been a member here since day one and to see my game have it's own OT is really great :)

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
You make a good point. I should have said performance optimization maybe leaned toward Xbox. I had to tone down the Dual Sense tension it was hurting my hands. It is impressive with amount of customization of the haptics. Does the game lock up after you finish a race in image quality mode?

No but it does tear a whole lot in the post race screen for some reason. My fingers do get slightly tired too after about 45 minutes in this game.

Just to say, this is definitely fixed to the same quality as Xbox Series X in the next patch also. (I didn't write the code but I did review it.)

EDIT: Just to say, I really appreciate the enthusiasm on ResetEra for DIRT 5. I've been a member here since day one and to see my game have it's own OT is really great :)

Good news.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017

The communication is highly appreciated.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017

do we have an eta on the patch?

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York

As someone who's been playing the Dirt series since around Dirt 2, it's a great game, you should be proud. As much as it's different from previous entries, I really like the direction you have taken -- it's just a really fun game to play, and I love the Driveclub-ish influences.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I have this on PS4 but I have not launched it due to the lack of save transfer to the PS5 version. The wait for my PS5 in the mail is killing me! This game looks great.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe

Thanks for posting it's really appreciated. And congrats on a really great game.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you need both copies? It's a free upgrade.
Sorry, I think you misunderstood. I have the PS4/PS5 version digitally and only have a PS4. I am waiting for the PS5 system to deliver in the mail because I don't want to start the PS4 game on PS4 and not have the saves transfer to the PS5 game on PS5.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Sorry, I think you misunderstood. I have the PS4/PS5 version digitally and only have a PS4. I am waiting for the PS5 system to deliver in the mail because I don't want to start the PS4 game on PS4 and not have the saves transfer to the PS5 game on PS5.

Yeah my bad, thought you had the PS5 copy in the mail.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

It's a great freaking game

On PS4, cannot wait to experience on PS5 next week

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Does this not support quick resume?

anyone have to log into your profile every time you play? How can I disable this?

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont like racing games much so im gonna skip this, but this game looks awesome technically. Lots of admiration for the devs, hope they get the kinks ironed out

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
I love Forza but the open world puts me off a little. Is this game just load up a race and play with no faffing about? Kinda intrigued if that's the case!

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada

Awesome! Congrats for the launch! I'll wait for the patch to hit, tearing drives me nuts.
By the way, apart from the obvious Motorstorm comparisons, I found a lot of similarities with Driveclub in there, maybe even reused textures (and background models like the boat in Norway) am I right?

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Actual graphics are not where I wanted in terms of IQ, sometimes it's way too blurry even though I play @1440p with "native" settings. But Photomode is absolutely bonkers.

Other than that here are some of my thoughts after 3 hrs of play.

-Nothing too fancy about career structure it's nowhere near as cool as Dirt 2 it's more like Driveclub in that regard. (Non-F1 Codemasters games needs to step up their Career design I miss the original GRiD and Dirt 2.)
-Driving is fun, it's heavy drift oriented but you feel the weight and cars are not cotton candies.
-Needs more vehicle variety in some classes.
-Environments are gorgeous but sometimes not consistent there are a couple of tracks with pretty bad lighting.
-Graphics again are not consistent, sometimes you get a scene where it looks absolutely next-gen and then there are moments where it looks like an early PS4 game.
-Beautiful out of focus, off-track graphics and draw distance is great.
-Damage model is disappointing they should've had help from the Dirt Rally team.
-Even in the muddiest terrain cars don't get realistically "Dirty".
-PC port is meh, I get it it has a lot more going on than DR 2.0 but @1440p a 3070 shouldn't drop below 60 with a couple of settings are not maxed out.
-As I said there should be a way to increase IQ, it's not a crisp game and I don't like its AA solution. Also, graphics settings need better descriptions.

nRUFQHQ.jpg

0dsS7VI.jpg

ML3ydUc.png

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Actual graphics are not where I wanted in terms of IQ, sometimes it's way too blurry even though I play @1440p with "native" settings. But Photomode is absolutely bonkers.

Other than that here are some of my thoughts after 3 hrs of play.

-Nothing too fancy about career structure it's nowhere near as cool as Dirt 2 it's more like Driveclub in that regard. (Non-F1 Codemasters games needs to step up their Career design I miss the original GRiD and Dirt 2.)
-Driving is fun, it's heavy drift oriented but you feel the weight and cars are not cotton candies.
-Needs more vehicle variety in some classes.
-Environments are gorgeous but sometimes not consistent there are a couple of tracks with pretty bad lighting.
-Graphics again are not consistent, sometimes you get a scene where it looks absolutely next-gen and then there are moments where it looks like an early PS4 game.
-Beautiful out of focus, off-track graphics and draw distance is great.
-Damage model is disappointing they should've had help from the Dirt Rally team.
-Even in the muddiest terrain cars don't get realistically "Dirty".
-PC port is meh, I get it it has a lot more going on than DR 2.0 but @1440p a 3070 shouldn't drop below 60 with a couple of settings are not maxed out.
-As I said there should be a way to increase IQ, it's not a crisp game and I don't like its AA solution. Also, graphics settings need better descriptions.

nRUFQHQ.jpg

0dsS7VI.jpg

ML3ydUc.png

Thanks for your impression, that middle pic is great.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game having such great splitscreen support is the reason for me to buy it instead of Sackboy. Just got to support this and am a long time fan of the Evolution Studios racing games anyway.

Keep including splitscreen and I keep buying your games :)

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bought this on disc for PS4 and am now playing on PS5. I delete the PS4 version after installing the free PS5 version, but after any full restart the system copies the PS4 ISO from the disc to the SDD all over again. No Man's Sky doesn't do this so perhaps something can be done to prevent this in the future.

Loving the game though!

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
This game is surprisingly very good. I'm enjoying my time with it on PS5. The quality mode seems to be the way to go with this one, I tried the 120hz mode, but only noticed the worse graphics. The resolution mode wasn't bad, but it has far too much LOD pop.

The dualsense support is nice, and I've now gotten used to the adaptive triggers, at 1st it was strange, but I wouldn't be able to go back to a regular controller now.

The game is a good mix of Driveclub and motorstorm. The graphics while looking very current gen still look rather nice.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
I just got the 1.03 patch on PS5.

Hmm. Still on 1.0002 (or something like that, according to my PS5). Checked for update, but nada. I guess it may have not rolled out near me yet. What region are you in?

EDIT: Hmm. The Dirt5 discord updates channel says: "Final preparations for Patch 1.04 on consoles are being made right now, which addresses the majority of player-reported topics over the last week; more details on the patch are above, and full patch notes will be posted very soon."

So I think 1.04 is the next one with various fixes. I think 1.03 released some time ago, around 11/07 for PS4.

Last edited:

PapaDev

Oct 26, 2017
What's the final verdict, do you recommend the PS5 or Series X version ? I have a TV that supports 120hz.

Also, how lengthy is career mode ? How replayable is the game ?

Thanks

slashf

Oct 28, 2017
The game is very good. I like this kind of arcade genre, that is not so in evidence like the ps2 era. The pc otimization need some improvement, i play forza horizon 4 all hight settings, and this is some things have to put on medium to play on 60 fps, The game have some issue to start on steam, and i play on a nvme.
The things that i want to improve on a dlc, maybe some courses from others dirt? I kinda want some good arcade rally, like dirt 2.