• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I mostly get the sandwich now, but yes this is hella good when you have tenders. Especially if those motherfuckers forget your sauce when you order delivery.

The Popeyes closest to me is mad skimpy on the gravy though. Like barely a few bites with gravy and it's gone.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I used to eat KFC just to use their mashed potatoes as a sandwich filling for their biscuits. Mashed potatoes are great because they're a meal, a side, a sauce, and a condiment.

I have also combined mashed potatoes with spaghetti, which is very good but the most filling meal humanly possible. The spaghetti also had cheese sauce on it before I mixed in the mashed potatoes. No, I don't know how I'm still alive either.

Ballou

Apr 2, 2020
Been dipping chicken tenders in mashed potatoes and gravy since I was a little kid, and I'll do it until I die.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Are you for real that you can't order gravy on its own? I've done that a lot without issue. For context, I'm in Canada. I'm sorry for your struggle.

Anyway, I pretty much exclusively dip my tenders in gravy. AND I still order mashed potatoes.

I also want to add that Popeyes' cajun poutine is great. Fries, cheese curds, cajun gravy, it's simple and very delicious. You can probably mix in tenders in there too.

zzz

Oct 27, 2017
I've never tried any of the Popeye's sauces and dips. Have I been fucking up?

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
You start out frustrated because they can't sell you the Cajun gravy on its lonesome, so you go ahead and order the tates just for the gravy. But you aren't too frustrated, because you're the one who gets to dip your chicken tenders in the gravy. The employees have to keep dealing with annoying people with strange requests -- like you.

You're also pretty sure they used to be able to sell the Cajun gravy by itself, too, but whatever. 2021.

You cover your chicken tenders in potatoes because you're trying to get the most Cajun gravy per bite that you conceivably can. It's good. Damn good. And then it comes to you. The chicken's pretty good dipped in tates even without the gravy. The satisfying crunch blends perfectly with the smooth and creamy tate.

Before you know it, you've dipped your Cajun fries in the tates. You've dipped your biscuit in the tates. You never needed a spoon for your tates. Because the rest of your food acted as an adhesive. Your Sweet Heat dipping sauce is left unopened. Your Blackened Ranch will remain confined 'neath its plastic wrapping.

You don't need what Popeyes thinks you want. You need the tates.
This is me.