• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ranch on piza?

• Yes

Votes: 126 27.2%
  • No

Votes: 163 35.2%
  • Other dressings, but not ranch

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Depends on the pizza

Votes: 91 19.7%
  • Crust only

Votes: 50 10.8%

• Total voters

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
If it were Dominoes, maybe I'd dip the crust. If it's good pizza from a mom and pop here in NY - nah.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Dip your pizza crust in honey and learn the secret of the gods.

A very well regarded NY pizza joint has honey, sopressata and chill oil pizza on their menu. It's delicious.

The Bee Sting at Roberta's.

img_5131.jpg

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
If it's fast food pizza (Pizza Hut, Dominos, etc) then no harm no foul

If you are having real pizza though? Hell no

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It depends on the pizza. Some pizzas can stand in their own, but other need a bit of flavor added or just need it for the crust.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Garlic butter dip is where it's at. If I get Little Caesars, I'll grab two of those for and extra $1.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like, a good quality pizza? No.

My shitty frozen Jack's pizza that I love? Hell yeah.

That bad boy gets drops of green el yucateco hot sauce on it and a good amount of ranch for dipping.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I used to only do it with Dominos/Papa Johns or my shitty Totinos, but there's this new slice joint in town and they make their own "pizza ranch" and it's pretty fire so I'll keep getting that and using it whenever I get a slice/pie there.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I worked at a Pizza Hut for a while and everyone dipped their pizza in ranch. They dipped everything in ranch. When I was in high school we used lunch trays that looked like this:
lunch-tray.jpg

Kids would fill that round hole up with ranch and dip everything into it. So lunch buffets at Pizza Hut in that town involved racks full of dishes covered in ranch dressing getting blasted with hot water by the dish washer, and the smell was awful. I didn't eat ranch for years because of that smell. Now, if a pizza comes with ranch I'll probably dip my crust in it and if it tastes alright then cool. But I will not ask for it. I will pick another sauce if I have the option. It's just better that way.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like any kind of dressing so I've never dipped pizza in any of them.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Only the crust, and only if it's mediocre/overcooked.

I did not realize people actually dipped the main pizza into ranch dip. That's fucking disgusting.

Oct 27, 2017
I like dipping the crust in ranch or any kind of dressing or garlic sauce.

If it's Domino's or Pizza Hut or any major chain pizza, I don't mind eating the whole pie with a compatible sauce or whatever, but I usually save the dipping for the crust. TBH anything will enhance that kind of quality pizza, like grated parmesan cheese and crushed red peppers.

Last edited:

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I hate ranch in general. I'm even more baffled by people dipping obviously clashing flavors like buffalo wings and pizza in it. Crust, ok. I'd never, but I get it. But the actual pizza part? Y'all are crazy.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
I'd only accept people dipping the crusts and even then only like barbecue, garlic sauce or marinara, not ranch

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
It heavily depends on the type of pizza. If it's BBQ chicken then yeah ranch is a must.

Obviously I'm not some heathen that's dipping a nice margherita pizza in ranch. But the cheap stuff... yeah that might get some ranch action.