• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, what's up with that, Era? How can you mock one of these dummies, if you are doing the exact same thing, and denying facts you don't like?
I have not noticed many people really denying it, and most of the "pushback" I've seen was in the "don't ruin my childhood toys" form, which I always assume are done mostly at jest.
I certainly haven't seen anything that would be close to the level of climate change denial.

Maybe you should post some actual, real examples, instead of talking in generalities.

lambdaupsilon

Apr 17, 2018
so like
you all know that there are actual specimens of dinosaur feathers in amber, yeah?

and also that feathered theropods (the upright dinosaurs, like Velociraptor) probably hunted about like this

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I used to think they were lame but now...
f0038a73-4bcc-4b62-84a0-e82e9c71de27.jpg

BeatnikGunso

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure dinosaurs were just big ol' cassowarys, emu, rheas, or ostriches or basically the flightless birds we have now.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
db3563cdafea33fb9a789ceb6a2dd852.jpg

Anyone who thinks these don't look cooler than those scrawny skin-on-bones shit reptiles as seen in Jurassic Park and numerous kids' books of the 90s can just straight-up fuck off because they are objectively wrong about aesthetics
True facts! Have those people even interacted with larger birds? Scary af

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Not to sound rude but why are you comparing real issues to feathers on animals that have been extinct longer than any time we can conceive and will never return?

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying the scientists are wrong.

Just that feathers make them look like jokes in comparison.

OP
OP
Version 3.0

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I have not noticed many people really denying it, and most of the "pushback" I've seen was in the "don't ruin my childhood toys" form, which I always assume are done mostly at jest.
I certainly haven't seen anything that would be close to the level of climate change denial.

Maybe you should post some actual, real examples, instead of talking in generalities.

Okay, here's a post from a bit before yours:

we dont recognize that dinosaurs had feathers because they fucking didnt

end of thread

Is it a joke? I assume so. But I've seen a lot like this over the various threads. Are they all joking? I hope so, but probably not.

I've seen this a million times in my life, though. People love science when it agrees with them, but hate it when it doesn't. That's bullshit, and I expect Era to be better than that. Yes, even for dino feathers, Pluto, and even concerning spiders.

OP
OP
Version 3.0

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Not to sound rude but why are you comparing real issues to feathers on animals that have been extinct longer than any time we can conceive and will never return?

I addressed the lack of importance of feathers in my OP. But, regardless of the issue or its importance, what is important is to recognize the difference between facts and opinions. So that's why.

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
Dinosaurs threads still deliver. Anyway I think that you can have a feathered version and at the same time depict them as threatening, simply we're not used to that. I was a bit disappointed to see no feathers in the last Jurassic Park.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Since this thread has already reached the peak of stupidity, I'm just going to post some Prehistoric Kingdom screen shots to hype the game.

zkFn0UM.png

txWjJBJ.png

GlN59fO.png

ZOmZQAt.png

Prattle

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The issue of feathers vs no-feathers has more to do with aesthetics and culture than actual lives (like climate change/anti-vax), which is probably why people feel comfortable being "feather-denialists". It's half serious, half tongue-in-cheek. Also the vast majority of users here are "90s kids" who grew up around Jurassic Park so it is a very personal thing to them that's harmless in the big picture.

Wouldn't worry too much about it.

Yeah. A bit like shaved lady parts.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feathers are cool. Plus the real neat thing is that birds literally are extant dinosaurs which is something that once I realized gave me a newfound appreciation for them. All of them, from hummingbirds to hawks, are living dinosaurs. How cool is that?

So yeah, I'm a fan (if course, not that it matters since all that would still be true if I weren't but yeah).

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine creating a time machine to see some badass dinosaurs but when you get there, there's just a bunch of emus walking around.

Damn.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Some nerds are basically trumper-tier when it comes to dinosaurs.
I'm gonna end this entire user's thread career right here.

ResetEra is a diverse place with many differing opinions and voices. Who knew?
You ended nothing. This is literal science denial.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Am I the only one who finds the idea of gigantic dinosaurs covered in exotic plumage to be equal parts majestic and terrifying?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
So, what's up with that, Era? How can you mock one of these dummies, if you are doing the exact same thing, and denying facts you don't like?
Archaeopteryx was discovered and catalogued in the late 18th century. No one is actually denying the existence of feathered dinosaurs. But given that dinosaurs are literally divided into "avian dinosaurs" and "non-avian dinosaurs", not all dinosaurs had feathers.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Fictional dinosaur media should be sans feathers for the coolness factor. I accept most dinosaurs had feathers of some sort, but iirc, a lot didn't as well such as the T Rex. On the other hand, I think Raptors look legit with or without feathers.