• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Cascina is a treasure and she's an extremely fun YouTuber, she's also the face model for Dina and is now going through the game.

Her reaction when she sees herself is priceless.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! Been waiting for her to start playing. Loved her play through in the first game. I wish she played the dlc though cause its pretty important.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Her TLOU run was fun too.

Shannon Woodward (the motion capture and voice of DIna) also has a Youtube and plays games.

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
The models in the game are so realistic that seeing her talk with her own voice is making my head spin in confusion.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Never really thought about it before, but that must be so weird seeing yourself rendered in that kind of detail, with another persons voice and all.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know Dina was mocapped directly from an actress.

Seeing her exact face (ND nailed it, she looks just like her) with a different voice is all sorts of strange.

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
Yeah, it's honestly breaking my brain seeing how close the in-game model is to her face. Did ND use photogrammetry to capture her face initially?
Probably a scan and immense talent and thousands hours of work lol.

Here's Abby's face model:
112330-descarga-amp_main_img-1.jpg

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you know how some in-game models look off compared to the actual person? ND wasn't having any of that lol.

The Abby face model is identical too, like holy hell.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the faces in TLoU2 are insane. What's the reason for having different face models to voice actors?

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
Yeah the faces in TLoU2 are insane. What's the reason for having different face models to voice actors?
Easy: Face models are not actors.
You have the better of both worlds; a character that looks exactly like you imagined it, that is brought to life by the best actor you can find.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Yes I love it. Dude who played Leon in RE2R is super cool. And the lady who plays Jill in RE3R.
In the case of Jill, both the face models and voice actress played RE3R and even did a collab stream. Carlo's face model also played the game and IIRC his voice actor might've too. Loving this synergy all around. ☺

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
You have the better of both worlds; a character that looks exactly like you imagined it, that is brought to life by the best actor you can find.
Yeah that makes sense. You have a specific idea of how a character looks but they might not be a good actor, so you can substitute a voice for them. Smart.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
She's really adorable! Her TLOU playthrough was great. I didn't expect her reaction to seeing herself in the game, but I can totally understand. I can't imagine how it'd feel to see yourself in a megahit production like this, even if you weren't the voice actor performing the role. So crazy.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
LOL @ the beginning not being heart wrenching. Can't wait for the gut punch in the next video.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna know what she thinks later on about halfway through! That would be mind bending!

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I hope this never changes, it's the great part of working in a fully CG world. You can create brand new characters that have never been seen before, so THAT person IS Dina. You wont see Dina in a Pampers commercial.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
IRL Abby is pretty as all get out. I don't care much for game characters in terms of falling for them or anything, but she's a real person so it's fair game.