• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Just PS4 Pro at the event I'm afraid, and only with 1080p output selected. Possibly there's more in store with the 4K mode. It'd be unusual if it's ignored entirely.

But yes, X is the one to watch at launch. If it's only 1080p there (small chance), it should be the best at hitting 60fps.

This was a older build also? Was it was still played a on debug Pro?

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Performance floats around ~45 fps on PS4 Pro? PC version is an easy choice here then for me.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is the disgust in this thread regarding the dips to 30fps, or is there an actual issue I missed in the vid? As a long time FROM fan that sounds great to me.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Why all the shock that a From game is having frame rate issues? All their games have issues but they are still great games.

We are in 2019, i can excuse Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, but after Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 games no thanks.
They litterally have 0 excuses in this.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Variable framerate - especially once osccilating between 30 and 60 - is trash. They really should provide perfectly framepaced and inputlagless 30 locked mode.

Of course I will play it in 4K 60fps, but still.

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
30-40fps on a game fast paced like this one is unbearable. Thank god is not a console exclusive. D1 on PC and double dipping on 1X when a good sale hits

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Why all the shock that a From game is having frame rate issues? All their games have issues but they are still great games.
Dont think it has framerate problems tho. Also no bad framepacing. Its not that it has drops into the 20's
If they cant lock it to 60fps they should give a locked 30 option.
I wouldnt mind a unlocked framerate option on the X tho. As i have a freesync monitor.

Ghost Slayer

Oct 30, 2017
Just PS4 Pro at the event I'm afraid, and only with 1080p output selected. Possibly there's more in store with the 4K mode. It'd be unusual if it's ignored entirely.

But yes, X is the one to watch at launch. If it's only 1080p there (small chance), it should be the best at hitting 60fps.
Weird that X version was not there consider MS have marketing right for it.
Expect base console will be worse, especially X1 version.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck. Seriously considering canceling my X version to go with PC. Does a 970 support hdr? :l

Oct 26, 2017
Not slightly odd that MS had the marketing, or at least at E3 and they don't get to analyze that? No biggie, I just want to know what I can expect for the X.

1080p is a bit disappointing isn't it?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I fear for my poor Xbox One S :|
Playing on base consoles at this point, I'd have that fear for any game. I kinda doubt either of them are really a focus any longer.

"Does it run, fellas? Cool. Now what kinda bells and whistles can we attach to the beefier ones!"

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What in the world makes you think Microsoft has marketing rights to Sekiro? They haven't exactly been pushing the game and they don't have bundles or anything. They don't have it anymore than PlayStation does.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Admittedly, Bloodborne's 30 FPS was not great due to the frame pacing issues, but 60 FPS with variable frame rate sounds awful.

Ghost Slayer

Oct 30, 2017
What in the world makes you think Microsoft has marketing rights to Sekiro? They haven't exactly been pushing the game and they don't have bundles or anything. They don't have it anymore than PlayStation does.
Because the game was promoted at MS E3 conference? But now I remember again, after that they only bring it to Sony events for example Taiwan game show last year (the name is Taipei if I remember correctly) so I guess this game is like KH3 and FFXV, they dont have execlusive promotion

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If they keep to 1080 on 1X, then 60 is a lock. Still expect a 4k30 showing but From's lack of DS3 update is concerning a little for 1X owners.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Not slightly odd that MS had the marketing, or at least at E3 and they don't get to analyze that? No biggie, I just want to know what I can expect for the X.

1080p is a bit disappointing isn't it?
Dont think anybody got specific marketing for it. Seems abit mixed.
I mean PS4 even has a special console.

Theorry is correct here. Activision is self marketing this game which is why Pro builds are playable at events.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
It's been a long time since I played Bloodborne, but I didnt realize this game had "Danger" indicators if targeted by enemies.

This looks good so far performance wise. Sucks that review copies arent going out to get a proper performane review from DF.

The game isn't especially similar to Bloodborne. So you'll find many differences.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The gothic vision of Bloodborne is axed for a different aesthetic, and so this time chromatic aberration is disabled. As a post-process effect, the distortion it added to the screen edge was heavy-handed - deliberately so - and it still divides opinion. This time? Sekiro's image is clean and clear.

Thank fuck. Death to chromatic aberration!

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Unlocked in 1080p mode on Pro makes sense because that's what DS3 had. Now the 4K modes just need to have increased resolution and a locked 30fps.
Not very hopeful though. I kinda expect them to just unlock the framerate on the enhanced consoles and call it a day.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why they wouldn't show the game in its best state, it makes me think that 1080p is probably the highest resolution available. That would be like if Rockstar invited people to play rdr2 on X and it only allowed them to play in 1080p even though the game is native 4k.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
There's literally nothing worse than an unlocked frame-rate in games technical wise for me, the drop from 60 to 45 or 45 to 30 is atrocious and I can always feel it.

Hopefully this will be somehow fixed or just give me an option to lock it at 30. Another hope, though I'm not holding my breath here since it's from software is that the X version will be slightly better performing.