• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Reach is still missing motion blur and the bllom effects etc are still not scaling properly. Like too small due to res increase.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Reach is still missing motion blur and the bllom effects etc are still not scaling properly. Like too small due to res increase.

The motion-blur was deliberately removed from Reach by popular demand since it was so overbearing and low-quality in general.

Everyone I know in the PC Gaming community always turns off Motion Blur if the option exists - The only use it serves is image-smoothing on <30FPS games.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
The motion-blur was deliberately removed from Reach by popular demand since it was so overbearing and low-quality in general.

Everyone I know in the PC Gaming community always turns off Motion Blur if the option exists - The only use it serves is image-smoothing on <30FPS games.
Just bring it back as an option, not reason to omit it entirely. There are people like me who loves motion blur.

I forgot to check did they add hdr in for reach? I know Alex said it's missing for H3.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017

Good motion blur looks amazing at high framerates. Other issues with Reach are mentioned in this video, like the animation being completely broken past 60fps. The AO is also practically invisible at 4K because of how it scales with resolution. And Reach without AO is ugly.

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just bring it back as an option, not reason to omit it entirely. There are people like me who loves motion blur.

I forgot to check did they add hdr in for reach? I know Alex said it's missing for H3.
HDR is only on Xbox One, none of the PC versions have it yet for some baffling reason

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Good motion blur looks amazing at high framerates. Other issues with Reach are mentioned in this video, like the animation being completely broken past 60fps. The AO is also practically invisible at 4K because of how it scales with resolution. And Reach without AO is ugly.

What? Maybe for racing games. What kind of a madman plays an FPS on PC with motionblur on?

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Also there's the other matter that Reach's motion-blur was likely a Hardware-Specific Hack (IIRC Reach had a lot of those) like is the case with a lot of (former) console-exclusives with various VFX that went missing in remaster versions, and porting it 1:1 is simply not possible due to PC GPUs (and console APUs) not having whatever arcane feature Reach used from the 360's GPU.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah screw motionblur. Keep it on cutscenes if you must but keep it the hell out of my 144fps gameplay

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Really hoping the add HDR to all as well as the HFR improvments. Game looks amazing already, but would look so much better with these two fixes.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping the add HDR to all as well as the HFR improvments. Game looks amazing already, but would look so much better with these two fixes.

I would replay 3 on my Xbox One X since that version has HDR, but the lack of an FOV option ruins it for me now. The original FOV is so bad.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND

This is actually funny, as they removed "motion blur" in Halo Reach on PC because the people complaining about it have no idea what they are talking about. The blurry look in the original Reach on Xbox 360 was not because of motion blur but due to the very rudimentary form of temporal anti-aliasing. People hated that, and it rightfully is not good looking.

But because people called that "motion blur", 343 removed the game's real motion blur which is more or less the exact same as the motion blur in Halo 3. It should not have been removed as mentioned above - but people complained about something they had no idea about!

Halo Reach's "motion blur", the real motion blur, not the TAA, is just the same as Halo 3's basically.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, does Xbox One S actually have HDR now? I haven't got to Halo 3 yet, but I know Combat Evolved didn't have it when the X patch first launched.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I always think Halo 3's lighting is over the top but then played The Storn and saw how good this 2007 game looks

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
The game is very close to being perfect. Only major issue with the performance is if you are playing co-op and are not the host. All the clients will have quite a bit of stutter and it will not feel very smooth on a 120+Hz monitor. The frametime graph feels like this basically. _____^________^_______^_______^

Don't know if it's because it's synchronizing with the host or whatever, but it was annoying.