• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
How much bandwidth do these streaming services use, PSNow data out there since it's been around for a while? Can't imagine how fast you would go through a data cap at 4k 60fps.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Subpar "15mbps", that's my connection and im basically paying premium for that here :\

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
100 Mbit connection owner here. I can see some use for this but definitely not a priority device for me.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
10tf is nice but I'd rather have a slightly lower resolution with uncompressed native image quality compared to an encoded image.

Eg. Doom Eternal I'd rather play on the X at 60fps with dynamic 4K than Stadia at native 4k but with compressed video. Image quality is one of the main reasons I bought an X.

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Beginning of the video feels like an advertisement , not an analysis.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I can't watch the video yet and it's annoying how all the comments are taking about anything else but the content of the video.

Rooster

Oct 27, 2017
His speculation on Ram seems a bit off to me. The slide says the GPU uses HBM2 and there's 16GB total system RAM. That doesn't confirm a single 16GB HBM2 memory pool. Given they left the CPU core count out I'd say they've left details about the memory split out as well.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Load times benefit a ton. 6 seconds for google vs ~25 seconds on the Xbox One.

Latency isn't that much worse in the final screen than it is on the Xbox One.

Really gives a lot of extra value to chromebooks/etc if they get access to the games too, not sure what the situation is there.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
166 ms of lag in best case scenario ?
188 with a 15mbps connection sounds good. But this is not going to be anywhere close to the same in real world experiences.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What I gleaned from watching:

• Tested on Google fiber
  • 0-40 ms latency added compared to XB1X console
  • added latencey compared to PC is from 33ms to 54ms using the best case scenario and from 55ms to 76ms using the 15mbps settings.
  • Everything is done through the cloud
  • Go from watching someone stream to playing your own game and inviting friends to multiplayer in 5 seconds

Personally, I don't think the infrastructure is sufficient in America.

Last edited:

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
I'm only about 3 minutes into the video and what I'm getting from this is that you can stream to YouTube directly from the server you're playing on, so you're not actually doing any video uploading, Stadia servers will do it instead. Thats pretty neat.

Also another thing that poped into my head.
Can't multiplayer games benefit from hundreds or thousands of users playing the game from the same data center if those players would be put into the same game server?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
So I understood right at 12:28 in the video that Stadia and Xbox One X tie with display lag factored in concerning latency?

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Impressive that the input lag was on par with the X1X except when stress tested against garbage internet connections and even then it was only 20ms more

Edit: whats with the "advertisement" posts? DF was stating nothing but facts at the beginning of the video

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Impressive that the input lag was on par with the X1X except when stress tested against garbage internet connections and even then it was only 20ms more

Edit: whats with the "advertisement" posts? DF was stating nothing but facts at the beginning of the video

Because people refuse to believe Google can deliver something remotely close to what was shown. It is like Project Stream did not exist at all.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
So I understood right at 12:28 in the video that Stadia and Xbox One X tie with display lag factored in concerning latency?

Considering that this was done on google fiber and probably close to a data centre I wouldn't put too much into it.

However I've seen with PS Now and a very fast/low latency internet connection close to their data centre I can barely notice any difference in latency between streaming and local, at least for "high input lag" games and at 30 fps.

But your local internet connection and distance to the server is going to make or break the service.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol people always accuse DF of being paid shills when they sound even remotely excited for new tech

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a3YQUcy.jpg

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
40 ms is 2.5 frames. Fine for a single player game, but this is basically a non-starter for something like fighting games, because that's before you even get to the networking lag which could be another 2 frames. And then the game's inherent input lag, which is usually like 3 or 4 frames.
That figure was provided by Google, mind you, and Richard's tests were performed on a fiber connection. I don't trust it will stay that low.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I just dont see the need to leave your current ecosystem for this. Ms has already announced their plans and im sure sony has similar ones so why leave ? Theyre going to need exclusives to draw people in