• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only end-of -year list that really matters is here!

I guess it is OK to like other lists too

ResetEra's very own Dictator has given us the list of the best PC games of 2020.

Where is Wasteland 3 and Huntdown though?!!!

Fail list is fail.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't get the Prodeus love. Was over it after the demo, quite shallow and there are so many better retro fps released... nice visuals though.

Flight Sim never managed to install for me. :/

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
finally going through black mesa (with xen) for the first time

it's one of the most impressive mods i've ever played

Uzzy

Gabeā€™s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Please use V's theme as the intro for every video Dictator

Great list, love to see some less talked about games getting coverage.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Great video, i need to check out some of the retro shooters. I wishlisted Prodeus (i didnt know about it untill this video), once i finish some of the games ive installed ill check it out.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
This is such a great video Dictator there is a ton of stuff in here I had no idea about that I am going to be playing.

As a side note all these threads popping up with people complaining they don't have enough to play or that gaming is becoming homogenized serious really sticks in my craw.

OP
OP
Dennis8K

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamit Alex, you made me finally buy Black Mesa.

And I am considering Iron Harvest even though I had kind of written it off based on reviews.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
This is such a great video Dictator there is a ton of stuff in here I had no idea about that I am going to be playing.

As a side note all these threads popping up with people complaining they don't have enough to play or that gaming is becoming homogenized serious really sticks in my craw.
For real. Lack of game is not the problem at all it's the lack of time. lol

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Prodeus on both john and Alex list, going to have to check it out.

Also time to play Black Mesa

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Cool PC only list. I also love Black Mesa. Game exceeded my expectations and got better with every release. It also "feels" like a PC FPS, for the lack of a better term, meaning it would feel weird to play this with a controller - for me at least. It made me miss HL even more than I already do. I would love to play Alyx but don't have a VR headset or even a capable PC.

OP
OP
Dennis8K

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool PC only list. I also love Black Mesa. Game exceeded my expectations and got better with every release. It also "feels" like a PC FPS, for the lack of a better term, meaning it would feel weird to play this with a controller - for me at least. It made me miss HL even more than I already do. I would love to play Alyx but don't have a VR headset or even a capable PC.
I am totally going to try to play it with a controller.

I can't remember the last FPS I played with keyboard and mouse.

This is 2020!

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
Great video and list, Dictator!

I've been eyeing Iron Harvest for a while. It looks really interesting, and I hear it actually has a great story too. I haven't played a great story RTS since Warcraft 3.

I also would love a new Quake game, but I'm not exactly sure what they would do to distinguish it from what they've been doing with the Doom games beyond the changed setting. Just the atmospherics would be great though, I love the aesthetic of that first Quake game for sure.

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
I love that Ultrakill glimpse in the opening.

Can't wait for the release of the final game.
For me it will probably be 2021 GOTY material.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of Prodeus before, looks fantastic. Wishlisted!

Art style based on the trailer on Steam is a great balance between 3d models and pixel art, and dem blood decals šŸ™

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doom on Nightmare, why would you do that to yourself. šŸ˜­

The gore on Prodeus is something else, like a grenade launcher explosion in SOF2 Double Helix back in the day but way better.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
After getting consistently robbed on the Game Awards and many other prominent "best of 2020" lists, I knew Dictator would be the paladin Doom Eternal needs and deserves.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
The ONLY reason I am holding off on Prodeus is because it's in Early Access. Not that I think it's not worth the money or broken or won't be finished forever or anything like that...and quite the opposite really. I got burnt out on Dead Cells well before 1.0 came out so it's a struggle for me to go back and play through everything over and over just to be able to see the new content they've added. As much as I loved Dead Cells, it never quite hooked me the same way it originally did so I haven't seen a majority of the newer stuff or any endgame/post game(?) stuff. I don't want something similar to happen with Prodeus.....or any Early Access games really.

Iron Harvest looks fantastic, I just don't have the set up to effectively manage an RTS right now. The Steam controller is great and all....but it can only do so much and it's just not the same. I need to finish Black Mesa but I agree that it's great. I have only played through the first Half Life once many years ago so I appreciate the face lift its been given and it still feels like a new game. I downloaded Flight Sim at launch but removed it not long after since it runs like butt on my PC. I did get a kick out of flying over my house, the route I take to work, to my parents house etc. though. Just waiting on that 3080 Ti (and availability of other parts) and I'm upgrading everything. If 2020 was a good year (for PC gaming, otherwise garbage), 2021 should be fantastic too.