• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
According to Digital Foundry, in fact, "Next-gen consoles are in development, hardware exists and is being demonstrated," to insiders, ie developers and publishers.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who could have seen this coming? I thought the Switch was going to be the last game console ever made before the apocalypse.

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
You won't believe this, but my uncle who works at Playstation told me the PS5 will have both WiFi and a 1Gb NIC! Amazing!

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The first few posts with the eye rolling sarcasm is embarrassing here
Nice to know that they are coming a long nicely. Not everyone lives in a PS5/Xbox Scarlet thread.

StevieP

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all should actually watch the video, and take on its message in your "sauce" threads.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Of all the things Richard said in that video, it's strange that the OP chose that quote to headline this thread with. lol

Garyizraw

Sep 14, 2018
Even though we knew this I wonder how "final" the current hardware is. Unless they are extremely powerful wouldn't they need to be revealed this year?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand: cool
On the other hand: duh. Next gen consoles are likely to just be massively beefed up versions of current hardware. There's no change in architecture, right? So what's gonna be interesting are answers to questions like
* PS5 -> PS4 Backwards compatibility?
* Software features out of the box? Any particular new USPs? (like Game Streaming / Recording on PS4 was)

Until those questions can be answered, none of it is really "news", is it? The information that "Yes, console makers are still making consoles and they're coming along nicely" might have been exciting prior to this gen, where home consoles had already been pronounced dead, in a way.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Saw this yesterday surprised it wasn't posted already. I think some of the better highlights of this was not to state that next gen hardware is being shown off, but fans can expect in terms of leaks turning out to be true and expectations.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Leaked footage of next-gen consoles:
vr-in-first-kid.0.gif

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those first posts are an embarrassment and a clear demostration of the stupidity that can happen when you comment only based on the thread's title. There's more to the video than the title suggests.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
According to Digital Foundry, in fact, "Next-gen consoles are in development, hardware exists and is being demonstrated," to insiders, ie developers and publishers.
The video itself is interesting. The thread title and the that fact that next gen consoles exist and are in development though is taking no one by surprise.

Also this.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Even though we knew this I wonder how "final" the current hardware is. Unless they are extremely powerful wouldn't they need to be revealed this year?

Devkits are being presumably "revealed" at GDC this year. Not to the public, though.

Also, if you watch the video, Richard actually touches on the point of nothing really being finalized and that things can still very much change. For example, we have seen a relatively late 4GB -> 8GB RAM change with the PS4.

Garyizraw

Sep 14, 2018
Devkits are being presumably "revealed" at GDC this year. Not to the public, though.

Also, if you watch the video, Richard actually touches on the point of nothing really being finalized and that things can still very much change. For example, we have seen a relatively late 4GB -> 8GB RAM change with the PS4.

thanks for that info im at work couldn't watch video

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Sony are skipping PS5 for PS6 because 5 means death in Portuguese.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
In other news, water is still wet.

LOL. Literally a month + ago y'all were saying the hardware doesn't exist or demonstrated or in development, and now it's "duh!!! Water is wet".

I was told not to even dare question our lovely insiders when I said the hardware exists and is being demonstrated and developed for, and was asked for reciepts.

#Team2019

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
LOL. Literally a month + ago y'all were saying the hardware doesn't exist or demonstrated or in development, and now it's "duh!!! Water is wet".

I was told not to even dare question our lovely insiders when I said the hardware exists and is being demonstrated and developed for, and was asked for reciepts.

#Team2019

oh my god

the hashtag at the end of this is perfect lmao

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

#Team2019
You #Team2019 dudes really have no hope
I feel sorry for y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.